Merriman will quiet his doubters this year

Sorry to bring it up guy's but the biggest question is how much of how he earned the Light's Out nickname was from juice? If he's healthy as a horse but his prior production was steroid related all we have is an ex juicer that is over rated. Once Mark MacGuire stopped taking the juice he was nothing.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly. Kyle's problem was a bone spur that was fraying his Achilles tendon. Merriman had some kind of Achilles strain that need surgery to correct. A little more serious but nothing like what Sam Cowart or Takeo Spikes had.

PTR

Just to clarify, Williams had a bone spur on his heel which was cutting into his Achilles. The surgery actually had them take Kyle's Achilles tendon OFF his heel, they polished the bone, and then reattached the Achilles. That's a lot more involved than people realize, although all reports say he's feeling better than ever.

Merriman's Achilles was close to rupturing, so they went in and operated. I don't know what that involved, but it's at least slightly better than having a ruptured Achilles.

From what I saw last year, Merriman has great instincts. And he definitely hurt his shoulder the beginning of the Chiefs game and wasn't the same. Then his Achilles acted up. I have a feeling, as a situational pass rusher, Merriman will be fantastic this year. Especially with a full off season program with the Bills.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Just a hunch. I just got NFL game rewind and have payed close attention to Merriman is the first few weeks he was playing. He was very good at setting the edge in the run game and was pushing around tackles and getting a lot of attention, getting chipped by backs and TE's and double teams. With WMD manning the other part of the line, I fully expect Merriman to have a very good year.

Hope so but with all those injuries it hard to count on him.