Hoping the steelers play to win

I'm gonna keep this short and get right to the point. I for one hope the steelers play the majority of their starters and play to win and heres why. In the playoffs you only play the best, and like Marv Levy used to say "You Win the games you should win, Some of the games you could win, and one of the games YOU CAN'T WIN" I wanna find out just how good we really are, and The only way to do that is against a playoff opponent in a must win game. So Heres to hoping the steelers play to win and don't rest their starters and that the bills come out on top, and if we don't than we don't deserve the playoffs.

That's a nice read. Unfortunately, reality bites.

Bettis,Ben R., Deuce Staley and more need some healing and won't be around. Resting injured starters after clinching home field is part of the deal.

Bills started 0-4 and no matter what happens in the next few weeks, the team is finally heading in the right direction for 2005 and beyond.

BTW, we're NOT in the Playoffs yet. We need to win and get help before we can start the big talk.

That's a nice read. Unfortunately, reality bites.

Bettis,Ben R., Deuce Staley and more need some healing and won't be around. Resting injured starters after clinching home field is part of the deal.

Bills started 0-4 and no matter what happens in the next few weeks, the team is finally heading in the right direct for 2005 and beyond.

BTW, we're NOT in the Playoffs yet. We need to win and get help before we can start the big talk.

181588[/snapback]

It sure would be nice to get to talk playoffs wouldn't it?

Bills need a win first and the Steelers will be no cake walk. Tommy Maddox is still a good QB and he has much to prove on Sunday. The Steelers defense will be ready to show why they are the #1 defense in the NFL.

It's going to be a close game on Sunday at the Ralph. :blink:

(To GuessWhozBack21)

That sounds like Bossman talking... are you related?!?!?! :blink:

181594[/snapback]

lol No I didn't mean it in a bossman/ice type of way. I just basically meant, I want to see us against one of the best. To find out if we can go from being a good team to a great team. I believe we could beat the steelers at full strength, but we have the luxury of not having too (at this moment). Regardless of what happens I'm definitly walking away from this season happy with the improvement that the bills have shown after starting 0-4, but it would be sweet to make the playoffs. I'd just prefer beating the best to get there. So heres to a Bills Win, and Jets and Donkeys loss next sunday!! :blink: GO BILLS!!!

If there's one team that deserves to get the crap beat out of them,

it's the Steelers.

I haven't forgotten those MNF butt-kickings at 3 Rivers,

and I haven't forgotten that 95 playoff game either.

Regardless of what happens re: playoffs,

I'm looking forward to seeing the Bills lay the smack down so hard

that Sgt. Slaughter ends up playing everyone that he wants to rest. :blink:

We will get hopefully four weeks in the playoffs to show how we stack up against the best. The key is to get in, and I don't care if we play a college team to get there.

I agree with the others who state the steelers are not going to role over and die regardless, the bills need to take the win from them. When you get two good teams there is a lot of pride on the line and steelers may be the best team in the league.

Bills need a win first and the Steelers will be no cake walk. Tommy Maddox is still a good QB and he has much to prove on Sunday. The Steelers defense will be ready to show why they are the #1 defense in the NFL.

181601[/snapback]

Agreed. I'd rather see just how good the Bills stack up in the playoffs once they are in the playoffs. Wouldn't break my heart if Pitt just went ahead and forfeited. I'm more concerned about injury and wear and tear. What good is it going to do Buffalo to have to play their guts out Sunday to win, but they lose three or four people?

I would like to see the Bills get into the playoffs. There will be games then against the best in a do or die scenerio.

Lets get into the playoffs first. It would be great for the team's psyche to get in and play. Next year would then be an easier time to attract top FA's if necessary since we are a team on the rise.

I'm gonna keep this short and get right to the point.  I for one hope the steelers play the majority of their starters and play to win and heres why.  In the playoffs  you only play the best, and like Marv Levy used to say "You Win the games you should win, Some of the games you could win, and one of the games YOU CAN'T WIN"  I wanna find out just how good we really are, and The only way to do that is against a playoff opponent in a must win game.  So Heres to hoping the steelers  play to win and don't rest their starters and that the bills come out on top, and if we don't than we don't deserve the playoffs.

181585[/snapback]

Cowher will be watching the scoreboard, If the Jets are losing to the Rams, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts his starters in.

doesn't matter how you get to the playoffs...get there, just get there. then you can prove if you stack up with those other playoff teams.

sounds to me that you're pretty much saying that if you can't FEEL confident that we're gonna win a playoff game,you don't even want to be there .

181601[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Maddox was had some success over the last 3 years and if anything, their passing game may be more prolific with Maddox over Rothlisberger. Just because Philadelphia went from 22 starters to 22 backups in one series, doesn't mean the Steelers will do the same.