FA idea

nmocdr

Why don't the front office at OBD open the stadium up when a BIG name FA comes to town.....say Mario Williams or VJax and bring them in while the stadium is rocking and show what it's like to play in Buffalo. I would open up the food and beer and hell they could even make money doing this, free to get in to rock the RALPH but sell beer and food. I think that would sell a lot of FA's if they did this...... :thumbsup:

Why don't the front office at OBD open the stadium up when a BIG name FA comes to town.....say Mario Williams or VJax and bring them in while the stadium is rocking and show what it's like to play in Buffalo. I would open up the food and beer and hell they could even make money doing this, free to get in to rock the RALPH but sell beer and food. I think that would sell a lot of FA's if they did this...... :thumbsup:

As a business owner in the midst of renewing his insurance...i can tell you that is the first stumbling block in that idea.

Not to mention, both those guys have played in Buffalo. They know what kind of stadium it is and what kin dof fans are there.

The thing you sell to those guys is simple. Money and then if you want, try to make them understand they will be a part of bringing glory back to a very proud franchise/city.

Why in the world would that convince any big name FA's to come to Buffalo? They are interested in the quality of the team, the quality of the organization, and money (and maybe a little the locale). Even if you could fill the Ralph and have it be "rocking", it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. They simply don't give a **** about how loud the fans are.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Would they honestly care about the beer and food?

Do you really?

I actually think that's an interesting idea, but a few downsides:

1) These visits come with almost no warning so how do you gather a sizeable crowd on no notice?

free beer & wings

2) With a small crowd, the idea almost backfires.

free beer & wings

charge for napkins and to use the restrooms