Why Do People Love the Hunger Games So Much?

Do you like the Hunger Games  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Hunger Games

• Yes
    • No
    • Never read them

Even worse than Twilight fans?

You misspelled Twilight, but yeah, way worse. but i don't really hate nor love twilight, so maybe that's part of it. But hey...At least Twihards aren;t so damn nasty.

Pretty typical young adult lit, still riding the coattails of Harry Potter...miserable teenage kid becomes special, schmaltzy love triangle, deus ex machina all over the place, poorly concealed war allegory.

THANK YOU! You are officially awesome!

Well, everywhere I look people seem to be raving abou the Hunger Games...Give me a break. I'll have you know I READ the books, and I didn't like them one bit. OPNE BIT!! First of all, it's ripping off a Japanese movie called Battle Royale! Seriously,. kids forced by a government to fight to the death. IT'S FREAKING BATTLE ROYALE!!! Second of all, I hated the characters. The Hunger Games has some of the most uninteresting bland characters I have ever read about, whom I couldn;t even THINK of liking...Or remembering Some were just so horrible, I remember them out of blandness however) But I think the thing I hate the most about the books...The fans. Hunger Games Fans are some of the most nasty, despicable, hateful people on the plabnet, even more so then Michael Bay or High School Musical fans. They will tear apart anything even resembling opposition to the Hunger Games like a pack or ravenous wolves. And now a movie is coming out? :doh: :doh: :doh: Houston, we have my razzie nomination!

Battle Royale rocks so hard! I will still give the Hunger Games movie a chance though.

I actually know a few Twihards myself. Thety aren;t mean...A bit airheaded and ignorant, but not cruel like Hunger Games fans.

I was talking about my spelling mistake you said made. Go back and check it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, everywhere I look people seem to be raving abou the Hunger Games...Give me a break. I'll have you know I READ the books, and I didn't like them one bit. OPNE BIT!! First of all, it's ripping off a Japanese movie called Battle Royale! Seriously,. kids forced by a government to fight to the death. IT'S FREAKING BATTLE ROYALE!!! Second of all, I hated the characters. The Hunger Games has some of the most uninteresting bland characters I have ever read about, whom I couldn;t even THINK of liking...Or remembering Some were just so horrible, I remember them out of blandness however) But I think the thing I hate the most about the books...The fans. Hunger Games Fans are some of the most nasty, despicable, hateful people on the plabnet, even more so then Michael Bay or High School Musical fans. They will tear apart anything even resembling opposition to the Hunger Games like a pack or ravenous wolves. And now a movie is coming out? :doh: :doh: :doh: Houston, we have my razzie nomination!

So,you hated it, yet you say you read multiple books in the series?