After Close To 15 Years of Blasting Them

Nice of you to put in black and white that you are not a Bills fan; Eagles fans also say he is overrated but I guess they see nothing too. Site should require paid advocates of players to be registered.

Yea, they should also require posters to take an IQ test and not allow complete boobs to post :lol:

On another note, the Bleacher Report kinda backs up the way I feel about Eric Wood as they ranked him at #7 overall even with his injury. Then go on to state that if he didn't get injured this year he would have been graded as in the top 4 of all centers in the league. Pretty high praise.

http://bleacherrepor...centers/page/27

""Had Wood stayed healthy all year we would be talking about him as a top-four center. His agility and movement in space are elite, and his run blocking isn't far behind. If he is back healthy in 2012, he'll be an All-Pro candidate.""

PS to Bill, don't get sucked into an argument with D2K as he is a pure Fitz hater and can't see anything but the QB's flaws. He also refuses to see a QB that made a star out of a 7th round WR, and that WR is about the only decent WR on the team last year. The FO / owner thought enough of Fitz to pay him a ton of money. Also don't forget that this owner has already stated Fitz is the man and will continue to be the starting QB. That the Bills will be best served by getting him some help....some runners, some wide receivers and a tight end that can stay healthy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i saw that too. Makes ya think about his potential. Buddy and Chan and that guy Brandon think we have the interior lineman offence and defence in place. i cant argue very hard if Eric comes back healthy.

Wood will almost assuredly be on PUP list at start of the season.

Bell is gone unless he initiaties something with the Bills. He will test the market and if the rest of the league sees him as injury prone and he does not get the money he is looking for, he and his agent may come back to the Bills looking for a contract.

If Bell is not signed the #10 pick has to be a LT.

FYI...Fitz broke ribs on a blitz up the middle not around LT

FYI...Fitz broke ribs on a blitz up the middle not around LT

By an ex-bill I believe(Fletcher) that I hoped would be resigned at the time.

The Bills OL seems to be a situation where the whole is less than the sum of its individual parts - according to how you graded each player with grades of B and better.

The line benefited hugely from 2 things which have inflated your individual grades:

1. Fitz getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds to compensate from the piss-poor pass protection. Of course, this helps the sack totals but severely restricts plays to no more than 10- yards downfield. The Bills can not an NFL offense with the pass blocking of this unit - which is why DCs are able to shut it down. The bad pass pro led to Fitz getting pounded in the Wash game and allegedly breaking his ribs - a gamble the Bills consistently take in refusing in playing a bona fide talent at LT

2. The run blocking is perceived to be better than it is because of the lanes created by the 5 WRs on the field. In crunch time when short yardage is needed, this OL can nbot move anybody off the line. Again, as DCs brought their defenses up to the line because of the inability to throw more than 10 yards down field - they choked off the run even with the spread field.

As for the last decade, the OL can be made to look functional at times, but the bar has been set so low in Buffalo that fans forget what a real NFL offense looks like to compare it against. They need to add a real NFL LT and a C that can fill in for Wood if he never fully returns to pre-injury ability.

Here we go again...

Our OL sucks, Fitz has magic get-rid-of-the-ball powers, blah, blah, blah...

exactly !!.... the unit as whole SUCKS !!...according to Rotoworld's analysis they are ranked 30th out of 32 teams. the ONLY reason they show up statistically at all is because Fitz throws the ball in 3 seconds or less and Fred Jackson is a league leader in YAC yards after contact.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38453/179/matchups

You did notice, I'm sure, that the article was written in August of 2011 -- and by a writer concerned primarily with fantasy football impact. I think there's no question people had one opinion of the Bills' OL prior to last season, and a different one after. I certainly did.

Edited by eball