Who has Buddy`s email address

Trade for Mario Williams. But its not just that simple to just trade for him outright. We need to trade for Mario via the Franchise tag. I got a few reasons why this can work. The Bills need to get on the phone with the Texans and see what direction they are leaning towards with Mario Williams. If they decide that there going to let him walk we need to talk to them about a trade via the franchise tag. We can offer them as little as a 4th round pick or as high as a 3rd rounder.

I think the Texans will agree to this deal. First of all cause they get something in return for him, instead of just letting him walk for nothing. The 2nd reason is to keep him from the likes of the New England Patriots. The Pats are primed to offer Mario a big deal when free agency opens. The Pats have a ton of cap space and there gonna have to start using it, There has also been some rumors that they will be in the hunt for Mario`s services... The Texans see the Pats as there main comp in the AFC heading into 2013 season. So keeping Mario away from New England should be both of these teams objectives. We got to get the Texans to see this viewpoint because it kills 2 birds with one stone.

Now i know what some of u guys are thinking.. Mario would not accept this deal he will never want to play in Buffalo. Well he we will have no choice. We trade for him Via franchise tag and he`s our property for at least one yr with a 20mil dollar cap hit. We have the money to do this and more. This is how this works for Mario. Buddy has recently said that players don`t want to come to BuffALO but after a few weeks here they don`t want to leave. As i see it we basically have Mario for a 1yr audition. Once he lines up with Dareus and Kyle i think he`s gonna love it.. We can also add another pass rushers via the draft, Maybe Vinny Curry or Andre Branch in the 2nd round. With these additions to our roster and a mostly healthy yr for our returning players this would put the Bills in the playoffs..

FLAME AWAY! FELLAS

I'm a little confused by what you're proposing --- but I know Williams' tag number is something like $22 million.

Houston can use there franchise tag on him and trade him to the Bills in turn we get Mario`s rights under the tag.. We can either let him audition for us for 1yr or we can try to sign him long term. I would rather let him play out this season. Prove that he can stay healthy and then offer him a long term deal.

Houston can use there franchise tag on him and trade him to the Bills in turn we get Mario`s rights under the tag.. We can either let him audition for us for 1yr or we can try to sign him long term. I would rather let him play out this season. Prove that he can stay healthy and then offer him a long term deal.

No way Williams plays under that one year deal. He will hold out. He is a former number one pick who save one injury has played in nearly every game and played well. He is prime for a big money long term contract.

A 4th round pick? No way The Texans will (and should) laugh at that offer. The best DE in the game right now for a 4th rounder? Maybe in madden when you change the rules, but not in the NFL

No way Williams plays under that one year deal. He will hold out. He is a former number one pick who save one injury has played in nearly every game and played well. He is prime for a big money long term contract.

A 4th round pick? No way The Texans will (and should) laugh at that offer. The best DE in the game right now for a 4th rounder? Maybe in madden when you change the rules, but not in the NFL

Agreed

you failed to grasp the fact that the cash strapped Texans may just let him test FA and get nothing at all in return. Therefore a trade and tag scenario would at least net them something. it owuld piss Mario off majorily though and that doesn't guarantee the Bills being capable of resigning him

the whole concept is far fetched

you failed to grasp the fact that the cash strapped Texans may just let him test FA and get nothing at all in return. Therefore a trade and tag scenario would at least net them something. it owuld piss Mario off majorily though and that doesn't guarantee the Bills being capable of resigning him

the whole concept is far fetched

That happens alot in FA. Its the nature of the business. Happens and I can almost guarantee if hes franchised he will be traded for much more than a 4th rounder

If there willing to let him walk into free agency that means there not getting anything in return for him.. What`s better letting him walk for nothing and risk him going to a team like the Pats, or get a 4th or like i said at best a 3rd rounder. It`s common sense to me. NOT Madden football..

Now he will play because if he doesn`t that would mean that he was out of the game for almost 2yrs... He won`t be happy at first but 22 mil for 1yr is not short change, and after he plays out that one yr at a guaranteed 22mil and proves that he can stay healthy. We can offer him a long trem deal for big money. Look man u know that there is no way we can get a player of this caliber to come to Buffalo unless he had to. Once he gets here i think his opinion will change playing with the best dt combo in the NFL

If there willing to let him walk into free agency that means there not getting anything in return for him.. What`s better letting him walk for nothing and risk him going to a team like the Pats, or get a 4th or like i said at best a 3rd rounder. It`s common sense to me. NOT Madden football..

Now he will play because if he doesn`t that would mean that he was out of the game for almost 2yrs... He won`t be happy at first but 22 mil for 1yr is not short change, and after he plays out that one yr at a guaranteed 22mil and proves that he can stay healthy. We can offer him a long trem deal for big money. Look man u know that there is no way we can get a player of this caliber to come to Buffalo unless he had to. Once he gets here i think his opinion will change playing with the best dt combo in the NFL

Its common sense to you but in the real world it isnt happening. If they want to prevent him from playing against the Texans in his career they will ship him to the NFC not the Bills. They will get at least a 2nd, more likely a 1st.

Players dont like the franchise tag because they are one hit, one missed step, from a end of the career. 22 Million seems like short change when he get 100 million on a long term deal at age 26

This is actually NOT an insane strategy. The Texans should def tag him and shop him around for the best pick. Why get nothing when you can get something. And the Texans are incredibly stupid if they let him test FA and he ends up on the Pats. In that case, I would actually hope NE beats the daylights out of them for doing something so incredibly stupid. Could it be higher than 4, most likely, but I think the Bills would even give up the secound round pick for him. And he won't hold out. No one holds out of 22 million, and playing with Williams, Dearus, and our rookie will provide him with a beasty front. He can also talk to veterans like Merriman and Barnett who all like Buffalo. Even a 7th rounder is better than nothing (i.e. they could end up with the next Stevie Johnson).

This is actually NOT an insane strategy. The Texans should def tag him and shop him around for the best pick. Why get nothing when you can get something. And the Texans are incredibly stupid if they let him test FA and he ends up on the Pats. In that case, I would actually hope NE beats the daylights out of them for doing something so incredibly stupid. Could it be higher than 4, most likely, but I think the Bills would even give up the secound round pick for him. And he won't hold out. No one holds out of 22 million, and playing with Williams, Dearus, and our rookie will provide him with a beasty front. He can also talk to veterans like Merriman and Barnett who all like Buffalo. Even a 7th rounder is better than nothing (i.e. they could end up with the next Stevie Johnson).

They wont get a compensatory draft pick for the 100 million dollar contract im sure

Its common sense to you but in the real world it isnt happening. If they want to prevent him from playing against the Texans in his career they will ship him to the NFC not the Bills. They will get at least a 2nd, more likely a 1st.

Players dont like the franchise tag because they are one hit, one missed step, from a end of the career. 22 Million seems like short change when he get 100 million on a long term deal at age 26

He has no leverage here. If he does not play under the tag, he looses 22 million GUARANTEED. He's also out of football for 2 years, labled as injury prone with a bad attitude. He won't get his 100 million deal, and if he does, it will likely not have any more than 22 guaranteed. Now, he comes to Buffalo, the Bills D goes way up, he gets his 100 mill deal with much more than 22 mill guaranteed.

He has no leverage here. If he does not play under the tag, he looses 22 million GUARANTEED. He's also out of football for 2 years, labled as injury prone with a bad attitude. He won't get his 100 million deal, and if he does, it will likely not have any more than 22 guaranteed. Now, he comes to Buffalo, the Bills D goes way up, he gets his 100 mill deal with much more than 22 mill guaranteed.

Youre right, I'm sure he wont report week 10 and then leave 6 weeks later when we miss the playoffs again.

I agree that it is a far fetched idea, but its an idea none the less. It won`t hurt to try.

I disagree that they will get more than a 3rd round pick and i will tell u why. Health, Health, Health. MW is coming off a major injury. U think some team is gonna give up a 1st or 2nd round pick plus over 15mil a yr on a long term deal? NO WAY!.

Lets not forget that Houston sending him to a team like Buffalo is a lot better than letting him go to a team like the Pats..

BINGO!! He wont get to see anything more than the that bonus if he gets hurt again.. This way it`s almost like getting 2 bonuses

There are several reasons this scenario is almost certain not to play out, but Mario Williams holding out on a $22 million tag isn't one of them.

This is a good idea.

This has happened in the real world.

This is how the Chiefs got Matt Cassel.

And will likely play out again with Matt Flynn.

If the Texans are really willing to let Mario Williams walk they most assuredly should franchise him and trade.

So I don't understand why people are jumping on DontCrossDaMoats for proposing something that does happen in the NFL and is in the best interest of the Texans.

The player is not tied to the Franchise Tag Deal. The Team that trades for the player can negotiate a long term deal immediately. Matt Cassel signed a multi year deal at a lot lower annual rate that the QB Franchise Tag Number.

This really isn't far fetched and works out well for both teams. Especially if the Bills can work out a 5 year $100M deal with Mario Williams. Everything considered the Bills stepping up to the plate and offering a pick plus putting a $100M on the table is the most far fetched piece of the proposal.

Edited by Why So Serious?

95% of the talk on this board is FAR FETCHED. Specially when its talk about possible free agents.. And we all know for sure that when it comes to big name players and the Bills, that`s Far as HELL fetched. But thaat doesn`t stop us Bills fans from dreaming. That of course is until the first day of free agency. lol

Yeah...This is dumb for a lot of reasons. Most of them Hindisght pointed out. Its nice to have fantasies, but Mario is not coming to Buffalo, and if he is Franchised and traded it will be for a heck of a lot more than a 4th. Peerless Price, in the same situation, returned a 1st roundner.

Come on people, take of the Rose Colored Glasses...