Mike Wallace

If the Bills were gonna do anything, keeping Nix's words in mind of the Bills possibly acquiring a "Difference Maker" early on in Free Agency, wouldn't a Vincent Jackson make more sense? Why cough up a #1 for Wallace when you could just sign Jackson for free? (in terms of draft picks, not money obviously) That would leave the Bills to draft a LT #1 and follow that up in rds 2 and 3 with a DE/OLB combo...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1330689091[/url]' post='2393115']

Steelers expected to make a first round tender offer as he is a restricted FA. How many would give up the number ten pick for him? He would certainly have a greater impact than a rookie WR. Probably would cost more to sign than the number 10 pick, especially up front as the deal would need to be structured in a way that the Steelers couldn't match. The Steelers have significant cap issues. Maybe the Bills can pull a Will Wolford scenario on the Steelers. People seem to be leaning more towards LT on the board lately and I would not be upset with that. However a WR corps of Wallace, Johnson, and Easley/Nelson/Jones at WR with Hairston at LT would be fine with me.

I'd give up the pick of we had a qb that could fully take advantage of his speed.

1330729881[/url]' post='2393575']

I think Wallace is a good fit for San Francisco too.

Great call. Any Wr would do them good as they only have Crabtree ,kyle williams and Brett swain under contract (I believe). Morgan and Finn are both ufa's. Wallace's speed would be welcome there. They resigned brooks to a 5 year 44.5 mill$ deal, franchised Goldson and have to resign smith as well, but they were way under the cap. I think they draft a WR or Cb in round one, whichever positions they don't spend bucks on in FA. Carlos Rogers is a FA and MUST be resigned or replaced by a talented player. He was great for them this year and was a BIG part of their success.

If the Bills were gonna do anything, keeping Nix's words in mind of the Bills possibly acquiring a "Difference Maker" early on in Free Agency, wouldn't a Vincent Jackson make more sense? Why cough up a #1 for Wallace when you could just sign Jackson for free? (in terms of draft picks, not money obviously) That would leave the Bills to draft a LT #1 and follow that up in rds 2 and 3 with a DE/OLB combo...

Jackson, Bowe, Colston,...

Maybe Garcon, Wayne...

It's a long list.

See Below:

By " a bigger Lee Evans" I mean all the guy does is run the streak route. I've seen enough Steelers games to know how he plays. He is nota fit on the Bills because the Bills cannot successfully execute long passing plays when they had Lee Evans. I don't think Lee Evans was slow or broken down in 2010.

Fair enough - if we believe that take on Wallace then it's a no-brainer.

As for Evans, broken down or no, he completely stopped fighting for the football (IE "playing big") when Losman left. His play on Revis (Revis' rookie year) is so memorable in part because it was so incredibly rare.