Boise St chumps at it again

Ramius

Boise turned down an invite to play down here in Tallahassee at FSU. Typical chicken **** attitude of that school and why i'm getting tired of them in the title discussion every year. They want to get treated like big boys, but then stubbonly refuse to play anyone of any consequence. And no, moving to the Big Least doesn't count as "competition." That conference is no better than the Mountain West.

So, unfortunately, with WVU backing out of this upcoming year's game against FSU (one i was really looking forward to), we're stuck playing Savannah St, meanign we're starting the season with 2 straight 1-AA schools. :sick: it's not for lack of trying. Along with Boise, FSU was turned down by Cincy, Pitt, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Syracuse, and Arkansas among others.

Edited by Ramius

Boise turned down an invite to play down here in Tallahassee at FSU. Typical chicken **** attitude of that school and why i'm getting tired of them in the title discussion every year. They want to get treated like big boys, but then stubbonly refuse to play anyone of any consequence. And no, moving to the Big Least doesn't count as "competition." That conference is no better than the Mountain West.

So, unfortunately, and WVU backed out of this upcoming year's game against FSU (one i was really looking forward to), we're stuck playing Savannah St, meanign we're starting the season with 2 straight 1-AA schools. :sick: it's not for lack of trying. Along with Boise, FSU was turned down by Cincy, Pitt, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Syracuse, and Arkansas among others.

Usually never in here..so don't know the context of your post. My guess, and it is only a guess.. is Boise said home and home...and FSU said no dice, you play us here this year, and then play us here again next year. Prolly why the rest of those schools said no as well...none need the payday like the 1-AA's..they make more staying at home just like FSU

Usually never in here..so don't know the context of your post. My guess, and it is only a guess.. is Boise said home and home...and FSU said no dice, you play us here this year, and then play us here again next year. Prolly why the rest of those schools said no as well...none need the payday like the 1-AA's..they make more staying at home just like FSU

Nope, it was a 1 time shot. FSU wouldn't be able to do a home-and-home due to already agreed upon future games with other teams, and the ACC is going to a 9 game conference schedule in 2013, which means we're losing an OOC date. The WVU game was already slated for Tallahassee, so FSU was working on keeping the new game down here.

I called out Boise St. because they want to wear the big boy pants and be taken seriously, yet they still want to play with the little kids.

Edited by Ramius

It will be interesting to watch Boise St the next couple of years.

Peterson did a nice job with the kids that he had, but the last 2 years, the he was dealing with a veteran heavy team.

Last year, they had 22 seniors, 18 of them were 5th year guys.

The Broncos are going to have a down year next year, but if they bounce back the following year, Peterson's coaching stock will skyrocket.

So, unfortunately, with WVU backing out of this upcoming year's game against FSU (one i was really looking forward to), we're stuck playing Savannah St, meanign we're starting the season with 2 straight 1-AA schools. :sick:it's not for lack of trying. Along with Boise, FSU was turned down by Cincy, Pitt, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Syracuse, and Arkansas among others.

Been saying it for awhile now. Takes 2 to tango with regards to scheduling.

What you see may not be what you think it is.

Been saying it for awhile now. Takes 2 to tango with regards to scheduling.

What you see may not be what you think it is.

Still up in the air whether Cuse and Pitt might be let out of the Big East 27-month commitment early like WV. Plus, that the incoming schools might also join earlier. It makes scheduling anything damned difficult, if not impossible right now.

Still up in the air whether Cuse and Pitt might be let out of the Big East 27-month commitment early like WV. Plus, that the incoming schools might also join earlier. It makes scheduling anything damned difficult, if not impossible right now.

From what i heard, the current most likely scenario has Pitt and 'Cuse playing ACC football in 2013. I don't know about basketball yet, but they may join for the '12-13 season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.