Computer Geek Question

DDD

Bought a Dell computer with Windows 7. Audio became slurred/distorted and pointer on mouse was jumping. Dell tried some manuvers that did not work and had to restore the computer which fixed the problem. They said it was a software issue. I had and have anti-virus protection as well. Now two weeks later the same malfunctions are happening again. Any thought on how to fix this rather than restoring my computer again which returns it to it's factory setting? Thanks so much for any help.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Bought a Dell computer with Windows 7. Audio became slurred/distorted and pointer on mouse was jumping. Dell tried some manuvers that did not work and had to restore the computer which fixed the problem. They said it was a software issue. I had and have anti-virus protection as well. Now two weeks later the same malfunctions are happening again. Any thought on how to fix this rather than restoring my computer again which returns it to it's factory setting? Thanks so much for any help.

I suggest you sober up, cold shower, cup of coffee, and check in on it later.

Laptop or desktop? I have sometimes had success in resolving problems by doing a google search on the symptoms. I googled:

Dell "Windows 7" distort audio mouse pointer

and here's the first hit:

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205213-sound-distortion-problem-when-wireless.html

May not be exactly your problem but it may give you some insights on things to try. You may be able to construct a google search that will more precisely focus on the problem than the single attempt I made.

You could also post a description of your symptoms on the "Windows 7 forum" site and seek help there.

Good luck!

If your local computer geek winds up having to restore factory settings again to fix the problem, you might want to find a geek who can explain to you how to use "Hijack This" (it's free) to create and print out a log file immediately after proper functioning is restored (or do it for you). I'm told that logs run both before and after a recurring problem strikes can be useful to a geek in troubleshooting the cause of the problem.

"Hijack This" has the ability to do more than create logs, but I'm also told you need to be careful about using it to do more than create logs if you aren't a geek yourself. Here's one helpful site:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/it.

If you want to learn more about the program, just google "Hijack This" and read some of the hits.

If your local geek gives you a blank stare when you mention "Hijack This," find another geek.