Why are we talking about free agency?

XXL Franchize

If they can get two starter free agents (DE and CB) and draft a quality OLB and OT, they will be cooking with gas next year. It isn't that hard to do. Nix doesn't have the luxury of ignoring either free agency or of playing crazy hunches (Spiller/Maybin) in the draft. Draft what we need right now...sign for the positions we need right now...and get on with it.

The Bills also like this time as well.

they can pump up the fan base with much talk about chasing premium free agents -without spending any money on actually signing any one with any talent.

expect many rumors from Chris Brown and other "insiders" about the Bills mancrush on Vjax, Mario Williams, Reggie Wayne, etc.

too bad they will be outbid and will have to settle for more practice squad rejects from the PAckers

Ah man... I thought you were just sour the day you posted on my thread but you're legitimately miserable it seems. You either need to stop following the Bills (because I'm concerned that if you continue with this attitude you're going to die of high blood pressure) or, just smoke some weed or something. You also sound like you need a hug.

I would be surprised if we signed more that 1 FA starter.

Why are people talking about Free Agency?

1) I think that in February the possibility of getting one FA starter is worth talking about.

2) Look at what the Bills have done already, they brought in a FA corner. The Bills would not have paid to bring him here if they did not think they have a chance to sign him.

There's so many posts about what FA's we need to get. As I disagree with many of them I feel these discussions are pointless. I would be surprised if we signed more that 1 FA starter. The Bills may not be where we want them to be but a decent foundation is in place and we will need to draft smart to get to the next level. I agree that free agency can sometimes put teams over the hump but they are always teams that have a strong foundation to begin with.

So who do you think we are looking at at #10? Everyone says Upshaw

While I agree there is value in drafting the right players, a huge factor in my opinion is:

Free agents = proven talent

Rookies = Good college players who haven't proven anything on the pro level

Personally, while I like Dareus and Williams, I believe the signing of Barnett was much bigger last year than any of our draft picks

Nick did solidify that position for us and performed better than expected IMO. i hope he is cool with moving to weak side in the 4-3. you just mentioned 3 Core players that we have who are helping put us in a position to win. get me two more Barnetts in FA and draft in the first 3 rounds as well as we did last year and we might really have something!

Ah man... I thought you were just sour the day you posted on my thread but you're legitimately miserable it seems. You either need to stop following the Bills (because I'm concerned that if you continue with this attitude you're going to die of high blood pressure) or, just smoke some weed or something. You also sound like you need a hug.

Get that man a spliff and hug him. You have the power!