We decapitated them, they can't wear that crown no more!

That's my fellow Saluki!

Add in two University of Illinois players (Dave Diehl, Steve Weatherford) and Illinois was represented very well in Indy. Diehl came back to the U of I for a home game after they won SB XLII and was wearing his championship ring: large and gaudy would best describe it!

i don't care much for the pats, but it's hard to even make the spygate comment anything more than a thin coincidence that they have lost superbowls post spygate. They didn't blow anybody out when they won, and they lost the last 2 on miracle catches, hardly concrete evidence that spygate had any affect on this team.

The fact that they have been near the top of the league every year since the stupid spygate story broke should tell you it really has zero affect on how well the team plays. They made 2 superbowls and have won their division nearly every year since then, ohh yeah, spygate has exposed them as cheaters, and now they can't win. Come on, what a joke.

Now I said I don't care much for the pats, and the reality is that I really hate the team, but it's just foolish to think this is anything more than a stupid side story. If it were the Bill being accused, this place would explode mushroom cloud style.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

i don't care much for the pats, but it's hard to even make the spygate comment anything more than a thin coincidence that they have lost superbowls post spygate. They didn't blow anybody out when they won, and they lost the last 2 on miracle catches, hardly concrete evidence that spygate had any affect on this team.

The fact that they have been near the top of the league every year since the stupid spygate story broke should tell you it really has zero affect on how well the team plays. They made 2 superbowls and have won their division nearly every year since then, ohh yeah, spygate has exposed them as cheaters, and now they can't win. Come on, what a joke.

Now I said I don't care much for the pats, and the reality is that I really hate the team, but it's just foolish to think this is anything more than a stupid side story. If it were the Bill being accused, this place would explode mushroom cloud style.

I always hesitate to attribute too much to spygate, but the regular season post-spygate success doesn't really convince me. After those SB wins every FA looking for that elusive ring flocked to NE, BB was able to dump players for high draft picks which led to snowballing talent. Plus they were a pretty good team to begin with. But perhaps a pretty good team can become legendary if they know what plays are coming.

It is interesting that with the influx of talent & picks in recent years they haven't been able to win a SB where those scrub teams of the early 2000s won 3 of 4.

The 51 player turnover, or fact that all 5 games came down to a final drive have nothing to do with it. Tyree catching that ball and welker missing his is clearly a product of spygate.

It might not have even come down to Tyree miraculously catching that ball or Welker dropping a ball had the Pats still been able to cheat and know the other team's plays. :shrug:

As far as I'm concerned, they still cheat. They are just hiding it better. If you are willing to do something as risky as videotaping your opponent, wouldn't you be also cheating in less visible ways? OF COURSE YOU WOULD!! Spygate was just the tip of the iceberg. Every team and player that plays them seems to find out sooner or later. Many even speak up about it. Whether it's just poor sportsmanship like booting punts at the other team during pregame warm-ups or slamming or QBs head into the turf to stop the clock, to soft-cheating like the time keeper forgeting to flip the downs on the scoreboard. There are countless allegations of them using radio frequencies outside of the NFL sanctioned bandwidth. The Jags even accused them of jamming their radio signals once. Why wouldn't they? How can it be proved?

Then there's the flags. The fact that they get EVERY SINGLE HUGE MOMENTUM SHIFTING HOLDING PENALTY is proof that something is going on with the refs. I have lost count of how many games they won because of some BS call on 3rd down (either extending their drive or killing their opponents drive). They even got the typical BS call in the Super Bowl, but it wasn't enough to make up for the Giants dominance. They only beat 1 winning team all season. If the Bills get some decent pass rushers and the Jets replace Sanchez, the AFC East will no longer be owned by the Pats*.