Goodell to consider eliminating Pro Bowl

papazoid

Please eliminate this joke of a "game".

And who's brilliant idea was it to move it to BEFORE the Super Bowl, when arguably most of your most priced Pro Bowl players are playing in?

And didn't Jared Allen make some wise-crack in the week leading up to the Pro Bowl this year? Something about learning the value of playing at 50%....

It's a joke of a game, and it has not been serious since back in the early 90's when the Bills and the AFC were starting to end the dominance that the NFC had for something like a decade. But those rivalries of AFC/ NFC don't even exist anymore, so the Pro Bowl is nothing more than million dollar athletes dialing it in on their Hawaiian vacation.

Football is violent. The physical mauling and pounding take a toll, and I can understand how from a players perspective that if the game doesn't matter, than you don't go 100%. Its nothing more than a glorified preseason game.

I don't see anything wrong with voting on an All Pro team, but actually attempting to pretend to play a game has grown stale.

i still think an awards ceremony like the Academy Awards oscar presentation is best.

no game....no skills competition...no injuries.

+1

I like this idea best.

I watch the NHL awards ceremony. I don't watch all-star games.

Maybe some kind of trophy per category/ position (like the Heisman), and name it after a legend of the game. Walter Payton for RB's or something. Make it classy, and maybe even have some sort of monetary award attached to it that will have the players taking it seriously.

Perhaps the money that they would have made "playing" in the Pro Bowl could be used as a cash reward for winning.

Edited by Bruce

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic