Was Dick Jauron coaching the Ravens in the 4th quarter?

Russ 'Em

I know your kicker should make a 38 yard field goal or what ever it was, but why would you rush your field goal unit out on the field with ten seconds left on the play clock to attempt a game tying field goal when you have a time out left!? Give the kid a second to collect his thoughts and make the right play. And it didn't just affect the kicker, obviously the long snapper felt rushed. Luckily the holder got the damn ball down.

That wasn't even the worse case. On the potential game ending play on the drive before, the Ravens decided with ten seconds left that they were gonna go for it on fourth down. Not enough time to read a defense let alone audible into an effective play. Harbaugh looked like he didnt even realize they were going for it. He had to hurry a time out in before they completely blew it. I think Harbaugh deserves some blame for the Ravens loss. Not as much as Joe Flacco, but enough.

i was wondering the same thing...my guess is they probably assumed the Pats would try to ice him

the false start really hurt them...lee evans looking like he was ready to celebrate instead of securing the ball didnt help either

Edited by Max997

The one thing I did not understand on that drive was the 3rd & 1 play.

Yes Evans should have caught the TD on the previous play, but that was a heads up play by the DB to knock it out of his hands.

On the following play, Flacco was forced out of the pocket. If Flacco had just tucked the ball and ran with it, he would have had the first down easily. They just needed 1 yard, and they still had 1 timeout.

Instead Flacco threw the ball to his Tight End(who by the way was being held by the Pats DB, and of course there was no penalty called :angry:) and the pass was incomplete.

Flacco should have been more aware of the situation at that point. If he runs for that one yard, the Ravens get a new set of downs.

To me that was more critical than Evans' non-TD.

Yeah Flacco let his team down multiple times yesterday. If it wasn't for the Defense the game would have been over long before it was. Just one example was his big throw to Torrey Smith. It was a bootleg right and Flacco got away from my MVP of the game, Vince Wilfork, and the rest of the d wide open to the right. He sees Smith running free down the right side. Instead of taking the one extra second to set up and deliver a ball Smith could run through and most likely getting a td, he throws off the run ala Randall Cunnigham and under throws him. Smith has to come back to the ball, giving the dbs time to catch up and save the td.

Yeah Flacco let his team down multiple times yesterday. If it wasn't for the Defense the game would have been over long before it was. Just one example was his big throw to Torrey Smith. It was a bootleg right and Flacco got away from my MVP of the game, Vince Wilfork, and the rest of the d wide open to the right. He sees Smith running free down the right side. Instead of taking the one extra second to set up and deliver a ball Smith could run through and most likely getting a td, he throws off the run ala Randall Cunnigham and under throws him. Smith has to come back to the ball, giving the dbs time to catch up and save the td.

he also missed the FB who was wide open and went to the TE in the endzone which was knocked away but I cant fault him for that loss

Im not a Flacco fan but he played well enough for them to win yesterday

what happened to the run defense? and how could they not run on the Pats?

its amazing, both teams in the super bowl should have lost...when has that ever happened?

I know your kicker should make a 38 yard field goal or what ever it was, but why would you rush your field goal unit out on the field with ten seconds left on the play clock to attempt a game tying field goal when you have a time out left!? Give the kid a second to collect his thoughts and make the right play. And it didn't just affect the kicker, obviously the long snapper felt rushed. Luckily the holder got the damn ball down.

That wasn't even the worse case. On the potential game ending play on the drive before, the Ravens decided with ten seconds left that they were gonna go for it on fourth down. Not enough time to read a defense let alone audible into an effective play. Harbaugh looked like he didnt even realize they were going for it. He had to hurry a time out in before they completely blew it. I think Harbaugh deserves some blame for the Ravens loss. Not as much as Joe Flacco, but enough.

Forget about Jauron. The past is in the past.

The one thing I did not understand on that drive was the 3rd & 1 play.

Yes Evans should have caught the TD on the previous play, but that was a heads up play by the DB to knock it out of his hands.

On the following play, Flacco was forced out of the pocket. If Flacco had just tucked the ball and ran with it, he would have had the first down easily. They just needed 1 yard, and they still had 1 timeout.

Instead Flacco threw the ball to his Tight End(who by the way was being held by the Pats DB, and of course there was no penalty called :angry:) and the pass was incomplete.

Flacco should have been more aware of the situation at that point. If he runs for that one yard, the Ravens get a new set of downs.

To me that was more critical than Evans' non-TD.

I've read that point several times, but in looking at the replay Flacco was still 2-3 yards behind the LOS with a Patriot closing fast. I do not believe he would have reached the first down. I lay the 3d down blame on the play call. Ricky Williams had been effective in the 2d half and could have converted a 3d and 1 with the Patriots being forced to respect the play action pass. Then they have 3 more shots at the end zone before a FG attempt.

does it really matter if it's just the ST's? TEAM and Coaching.

The Ravens run a simple offense w/not many different looks.

Harbaugh could have called a TO.

They could have taken a delay of game instead of rushing.

And for the conspiracy threorists I just heard on thr radion though the coaches / players should have been aware) that the score board display on the field showed 3rd down causing some confusion.

It was reported a number of times during the game. Bellicheat and the Pats playing games again.

really? bc it seems like the bills have been replaying the same season over and over for the last decade

The title in the post was using a current game from this past Sunday, and linking it to Jauron. It had nothing to do with linking the play of the Bills in the last 10 years. Even if the Bills go 13-3 in 2012, there's always going to be SOMETHING that somebody can take, and link it to a Bill, or one of the Bill's coaches in the past. Look, I was never a Jauron fan from get-go. But taking a piece of a non-Bills game today, and still crying about one of our coaches in the past is carrying it too far.

The title in the post was using a current game from this past Sunday, and linking it to Jauron. It had nothing to do with linking the play of the Bills in the last 10 years. Even if the Bills go 13-3 in 2012, there's always going to be SOMETHING that somebody can take, and link it to a Bill, or one of the Bill's coaches in the past. Look, I was never a Jauron fan from get-go. But taking a piece of a non-Bills game today, and still crying about one of our coaches in the past is carrying it too far.

my response was to your post about leaving the past in the past with my point being how can we when it seems we as fans relive the same season every year for the last decade

try and keep up

The title of this post was merely meant to reflect on the horrible clock management and clusterf*ck that was the end of that game. I'm sorry if Dick Jauron's name brings up such deep and conflicting memories for you that you automatically have to read the post and reply to it. Maybe you should get over Skeletor, "Rifleman"