What you think ??

T master

-----------------------------------Williams ------------ Heard --------------Dareus ---------------------------------------------------------

--------------Merriman-----------------------Sheppard -----------Barnett-------------------------Upshaw--------------------------------------

-------------------------------- :worthy: ----------------Wannstedt---------------------- :worthy: --------------------------------------------

---------A. Williams ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Searcy-----------------------------

-------------------------------Byrd----------------------------------------------Wilson-----------------------------------------------------

Looks pretty bad to me !!!! Go Bills !!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------Williams ------------ Heard --------------Dareus ---------------------------------------------------------

--------------Merriman-----------------------Sheppard -----------Barnett-------------------------Upshaw--------------------------------------

-------------------------------- :worthy: ----------------Wannstedt---------------------- :worthy: --------------------------------------------

---------A. Williams ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Searcy-----------------------------

-------------------------------Byrd----------------------------------------------Wilson-----------------------------------------------------

I love it just for the fact it's a 3-4 set up. I know there has been a lot of "scheme doesn't matters talk" but I disagree, I think it matters significantly (Especially for guys like Kelsay, Merriman, and Upshaw for instance). That being said, Wanny knows a heck of a lot more about defense than I do...So I'm sure he will do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to succeed.

I'd bet either KW or Dareus will be the NT though (most likely KW). I like Heard, but even though he is big, he is more of a 3-4 DE type, more agility, less power. Carrington would push there as well

No way Searcy starts at CB, he is a back up safety for now. Either Florence, a FA, or draftee (unlikely) will be starting opposite Aaron Williams (stud).

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Except for Upshaw, it looks a lot like the front 7 that's got schooled this season in terms of personnel. I doubt seriously that Williams can play DE and keep any kind of containment or provide and edge pass rush. Also, are you showing Searcy at CB???

Edited by vincec

Except for Upshaw, it looks a lot like the front 7 that's got schooled this season in terms of personnel. I doubt seriously that Williams can play DE and keep any kind of containment or provide and edge pass rush. Also, are you showing Searcy at CB???

I know this is played out, but I'm throwing the injury card anyway. You may be right about the same personnel, but Merriman was hurt in the pre-season, he and KW missed most of the season, Williams and Wilson missed significant time due to injury as well. Plus, Sheppard didn't start until half way through the season.

Lets assume by some miracle they could actually all be healthy at once, with a good DC perhaps they could perform. I think the talent is there...

I dont think that they will run the 34 next season although i definitely think its a better scheme.

So the way i hope the defense looks next year is as follows...

DT- Kyle Williams

DT- Marcell Dareus

DE- Chris Kelsay

DE- Robert Mathis

ILB- Kelvin Sheppard

OLB- Nick Barnett

OLB- 1st Round Pick

CB- Aaron Williams

CB- Terrence McGee

SS- George Wilson

FS- Jarius Byrd

I think the front four could get a consistent push against any OL. And in order to sign Mathis the Bills can easily cut Merriman and D.Edwards/S.Johnson, to save about 7-8 mil. If they can find a couple extra mil somewhere for the rest then i'd be very dissapointed.

Edited by Danny

I could be wrong, but I don't think Wannstedt will be allowed to line up and play between the LBs and DBs.

GO BILLS!!!

Well the Bills are always trying to save cash... why not have some of the coachs step in a add a little depth?

Mario Williams ?