Bills Playoff Picture...

Ball'n

Bills Win at Pitt..End Season 10-6

1 of 2 things have to happen...

Denver lose to Indy

Jets lose at St. Louis

Bold=should lose Underline=can lose

If 1 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot. If both of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

-Jets need to lose at St. Louis. We will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division.

-Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose at Indy so that they have 7 losses.

CAN HAPPEN:

-Jets lose to St. Louis. Jets will be away.

-Denver lose to Indy. Denver will be home.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THOOSE 2 THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN AT PITT. TOO) :devil::flirt:;):P:P:P

I as watching the post game show for the steelers and they predicted there was no way Ben would start against ¨that Buffalo D.¨ Bettis also said, it was nice to get the win so they could let ben rest next week after that shot to the ribs. Cept for that Denver win, things this week could not possibly have gone better for us.

Big error - Indy plays AT Denver. They will likely lose at Denver- tough place to play.

Denver lose at Indy

Jets lose at St. Louis

Bold=should lose                  Underline=can lose

If 1 of these things happen we get the #6 playoff spot. If both of these things happen we will get the #5 spot.

-Jets need to lose at St. Louis. We will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division.

-Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose at Indy so that they have 7 losses.

CAN  HAPPEN:

-Denver lose to Indy. Denver will be away

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THOOSE 2  THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN AT PITT. TOO)   :devil:  :flirt:  ;)  :P  :P  :P

178956[/snapback]

i know that we are playing well and all, but i absolutely DO NOT want to even get a smell of the patriots until the AFC championship (of course we'd have to get into the playoffs and win 2 games to get there). therefore, lets hope that only ONE of the two teams (denver and jets) lose next week so that we get the 6 seed and have pittsburgh in the opening round. i'd much rather play a team that runs the ball (we stop EVERYONE's ground game) and has a rookie QB over those friggin patriots that seem to have the luck of a man that wins the lottery annually - not to mention is a really good football team.

Colts will play Manning and the rest of there starters for a quarter...Lets hope its 21-0 Colts at the end of the 1st :devil:

BTW ARZ is coming back against SEA....We really need ARZ to pull it out....Then the STL week 17 game will mean something to them.....

Hawks 24

Cards 21

If the Bills beat the Steelers, what are the odds that they'll make the playoffs? How do you calculate it?

a) Let's say the Broncos have a 90% chance to beat Indy at home since the Colts have nothing to play for.

b) Let's further say that the Jets have an 80% chance to beat the hapless Rams on the road.

The chances of both of those things happening is .90 x .80 = .72 or 72% chance.

Meaning, the Bills have a 100 - 72, or 28% chance of making the playoffs if they beat the Steelers. We compute it that way because the Bills only need ONE of (a) or (b) to not occur for them to make the playoffs.

Now, you may quibble with the odds I assigned (although, I think they're fair, personally), but that's how you would calcuate the Bills' chances, right?

With Indy locked into their playoff slot, they have nothing to play for next week except one more win.  Let's hope that they don't tank the freaking game, and we have to rely on the Rams to beat the Jets.  ;)

178959[/snapback]

Denver blows...Jake Plummer is the worst big game QB in football (this is coming from a die hard ASU fan who was at the 97 Rose Bowl) because he has that knack for completing big passes to the other team. There are no worse conditions to play Denver than the week Oakland came in and handed it to them. They were underdogs, it was snowing, Denver was rolling, and then when the game started they got down....oh yeah and they still won. Denver is not a good football team and Jake is a below average Qb...the Colts will pressure him and he will make big mistakes. INDY 24 DEN 10.

If the Bills beat the Steelers, what are the odds that they'll make the playoffs?  How do you calculate it?

a) Let's say the Broncos have a 90% chance to beat Indy at home since the Colts have nothing to play for.

b) Let's further say that the Jets have an 80% chance to beat the hapless Rams on the road.

The chances of both of those things happening is .90 x .80 = .72 or 72% chance.

Meaning, the Bills have a 100 - 72, or 28% chance of making the playoffs if they beat the Steelers.  We compute it that way because the Bills only need ONE of (a) or (b) to not occur for them to make the playoffs.

Now, you may quibble with the odds I assigned (although, I think they're fair, personally), but that's how you would calcuate the Bills' chances, right?

179361[/snapback]

I think the Indy scrubs play shockingly well... They are a product of a good team... Don't underestimate them. I would put that game at 50%.

Denver lose to Indy

Jets lose at St. Louis

Bold=should lose                  Underline=can lose

CAN  HAPPEN:

-Denver lose to Indy. Denver will be home.

DONT GIVE UP HOPE. IF 1 OF THOOSE 2  THINGS HAPPEN WE ARE IN.(WIN AT PITT. TOO)   ;)  ;)  <_<  :o  :D  :P

178956[/snapback]

I don't think the Ponies will lose to the Colt's scrubs. The can't improve their position and don't have a bye week. I think Dungy rests his starters and the Ponies cake walk to a win. :(