Big name WR I strongly think we WILL sign

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys....we cannot be afraid to sign a big physical deep threat because we are afraid that Fitz cant throw the long ball......

Fitz CAN throw it...its not the most accurate in the world so he need a big physical guy like Jackson who will fight for the ball...thats the whole PURPOSE of it......

The threat of the deep ball to Jackson will allow Stevie to work underneath....that is the whole point.

First people complain that we dont throw it deep when defenses are sitting on our routes....then they complain when we dont have a quality x route reciever....now they are complaining that we will get someone we cant use.

Which is it?

I love Fitzy, but his long ball is brutal. He has no touch whatsover. Now if we could combine Tebow's long ball with Fitz's short game we would have something to write home about.

I only read the first page of comments and skipped to this, so I dont know if it was brought up already, but none of those players (Bowe, V-Jax, or Colston) will be signed by the Bills. Not going to happen. They got Fitzy signed, Stevie in the wings, and money tied up with CJ and (deservedly) Freddy. They can't afford to invest in another big name WR with holes at DE/LB and DB. My opinion on FA options are Jerome Simpson or Harry Douglas. Simpson is prime to jump out and produce and be a start field stretcher and I know that Douglas is typically a slot receiver, but given that just UDFA and 7th rounders produced in this offense, I think he could be a split end. What you think?

I like Bowe more than Jackson because he fits the system better; runs underneath routes and is an overall better WR. VJax is an athletic monster and deep threat and would be easier to reel in I guess, with Nix's ties to SD. Honestly, I would be content with either (who wouldn't). But seriously. They have to resign Stevie. No questions asked.

yea, vj would be great on this team but i think if they are to throw money at a free agent it needs to be on the defense. There is always a surprise or two to be released and I'd like the Bills to sign one of those. We need a couple lb's and a def lineman.

I like Bowe more than Jackson because he fits the system better; runs underneath routes and is an overall better WR. VJax is an athletic monster and deep threat and would be easier to reel in I guess, with Nix's ties to SD. Honestly, I would be content with either (who wouldn't). But seriously. They have to resign Stevie. No questions asked.

Gailey did work with Bowe in KC.

I would agree with this. I watched a lot of Vincent Jackson between him being on my fantasy team as well as living in Los Angeles where a lot of my friends are Charger fans. He is very inconsistent and tends to only be significant when you can get him the deep ball. He isnt the best route runner and can be taken out of the game if you take away the deep ball. And we all know Fitz is not a deep ball threat and relies more on quick short reads to be productive.

That being said, I do agree with the original poster that I would say both him and Bowe could be targets our FO strongly pursues as they have said they need to get the offense more weapons and both those players have strong ties to Nix or Gailey. I would fine with picking up either one, but Vincent Jackson would be a prize signing for most teams, but I fear he may under achieve here based on what his strengths are versus what are QB's weaknesses are. Bowe on the other hand I have not seen as much footage on, so not sure which would be a better fit for this team, but based on his history in Gaileys offense I would speculate that Bowe is the better target.

So Jackson is a taller Lee Evans???

I would take Bowe or Colston over Jackson and they would come cheaper. I think Jackson would look elsewhere for a better QB.

I didn't start this thread because I want Jackson (although I do) I started it because I am pretty damn certain we will sign him. Many of our FA signings have been players either Gailey or Nix have some sort of connection to. We will not sign Bowe because he will not be availabe. The Cheifs will Franchise him at the least.

I D RATHER HAVE COLSTON,, BIG GUY, GREAT HANDS, TOUGH ,,WHAT MORE DO WE LOOK FOR.

I didn't start this thread because I want Jackson (although I do) I started it because I am pretty damn certain we will sign him. Many of our FA signings have been players either Gailey or Nix have some sort of connection to. We will not sign Bowe because he will not be availabe. The Cheifs will Franchise him at the least.

i agree in part with what you said but last offseason malcolm floyd was there in fa and we didnt even talk to him ,another sd player with nix connection.

I D RATHER HAVE COLSTON,, BIG GUY, GREAT HANDS, TOUGH ,,WHAT MORE DO WE LOOK FOR.

i agree in part with what you said but last offseason malcolm floyd was there in fa and we didnt even talk to him ,another sd player with nix connection.

Yes but at the time WR was not thought to be a position of such great need as it is this year.

I strongly believe we will sign Vincent Jackson. Buddy has shown with Chandler, Merriman, and Buster Davis he still has strong ties to players he helped draft. He might be a little pricey but Nix stated we need more receivers and his familiarity with Jackson will be enough to push him over the top. The Chargers have said they will not franchise him. He is a deceivingly strong deap threat option opopsite Stevie who we will most certainly resign. I am not reaching here, as a well informed Bills fan and historian I expect both of these things to happen.

Firing George "Mr. Ed" Wards and getting Jackson while resigning Johnson would sure make for a good start to the offseason.

I 100% hope you are right. I have a feeling that Jackson will be signed to replace SJ though (and Brandon will somewhow spin this as a win, while all that happened is the replacement of a #1 WR with another #1 WR, still need a #2). Remember, the Bills don't want to have too many skilled players at a particular position, that might cause them to do something scary like make the Playoffs ;)

Couldn't find this for this season but I would welcome several of these players to the Bills!! Welker, Marshall, Austin, Nelson, Smith (CAR)

It's more about the impact you make when you do catch the ball!!

Wide Receivers, Bottom 15 Drop Percentage, 2010

Rank Player Team Receptions Drops Catchable Drop %

41 Steve Smith NYG 48 6 54 11.11%

42 Santonio Holmes NYJ 61 8 69 11.59%

43 Jacoby Jones HST 51 7 58 12.07%

44 Michael Crabtree SF 55 8 63 12.70%

45 Wes Welker NE 93 14 107 13.08%

46 Brandon Marshall MIA 86 13 99 13.13%

47 Steve Johnson BUF 82 13 95 13.68%

48 Miles Austin DAL 69 11 80 13.75%

49 Jordy Nelson GB 66 11 77 14.29%

50 Steve Breaston ARZ 47 8 55 14.55%