Brock Osweiler, ASU QB

My mid round pick for qb this year is foles from Arizona. Reminds me of Matt Schaub and will probably drafted in the same area. I doubt Geno Smith declares this year, but if he does I don't see him off the board until after the 5th round. This was his first year in an offense that truly utilized the passing game and he still has some polishing to do before he makes the leap. However I do look at him as a Seneca Wallace type that could fit well in Gaileys offense after a year or two of work at the NFL level

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Osweiler and Tannehill both look good, but if Logan Thomas from Va Tech is available (I don't know if he's declared for the draft yet), I'd give him serious consideration. He really impressed me in the Sugar Bowl.

Have to agree, I was really impressed by Logan Thomas in that game also. Great throws, confidence running their O, playmaking ability, and seemed to make very intelligent decisions. He's a junior but was red-shirted his freshman year and was really impressive considering this was his first year as a college QB. Probably will stay in school and be a major prospect next year but if he decided to come out I think he'd be a great prospect to study under Fitz a year or 2.

This is true. No fan wants to sell out for that franchise QB yet you turn on the TV during the playoffs and you see top picks like Eli Manning and Matt Ryan facing off. Matthew Stafford. Ben Roethlisberger. Joe Flacco. Aaron Rodgers. The list goes on. First round picks. And yeah, Tom Brady was a sixth rounder, Dalton and Brees second rounders........but then again Alex Smith was the top overall pick.

Fortune favors the bold. Ask the Giants with Eli. They could have just taken the excellent Philip Rivers and kept the pick that the Chargers used on Shawne Merriman. All they did was win the Super Bowl anyway.

If you are sold on a guy as your franchise QB, you go get him. Especially when you are a team like the Bills that has found more useful starters on the side of the road than just about anybody. GET A QUARTERBACK and stop being a laughingstock.

So unless the Bills spent a 1st on QB, they shouldn't draft one at all? I'm sorry that is complete crap. IMO, the Bilsl could draft a QB every year. Just because they draft BO, that shouldn't stop them from drafting a QB in the first round in 2013.

Good QBs are hard to find. If you think a kid has talent, bring him in and develop him. Green Bay constantly brought in Qb talent (Farve, Hasselback, Brooks, Brunell, etc.) Worse comes to worse, the guy becomes a trade chip (Schaub, RJ).

I cannot believe how quick we are to drop Fitz. He was playing great when he had all the pieces around him, both on the offense and on the defense. We are committed to him for 6 seasons. He will be our Quarterback for at least 4 of those. We have way to many needs to address before we draft Fitz's replacement. As we have learned, Nix is capable of finding guys who can play right now in the NFL as Rookies the whole way through the draft. Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Rogers, Hairston, Searcy all looked good while they were in the games. Yes they need to improve, as all rookies need to do, but NIx can find guys who can play. We need to address the real problems with this team in the draft which are Pass Rush and WR. We need another good swing tackle, and we need a back-up center. We might take a flier on a guy in the 7th, like we did with Jasper, but we will not be drafting Fitz's replacement in this draft.

I wasn't impressed by Brock. Just because he is 6-8, doesn't mean he is a good QB.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a chance on him late in the draft, but I didn't see anything from him that makes me think he could be better than Fitz...

Edited by Turbosrrgood