My Vincent Jackson Trade

Astrobot

I'm a firm believer that were closer to a good 4/3 than a good 3/4 defense so I'd rather have a good pass rusher for our RDE. Would give us Kelsey in the left with Dareus and Williams in the middle. Other than that, I don't know much about your picks since I'm not that close to college ball.

I would LOVE!!!! VJ in this team to line up opposite SJ though.

I would take the trade only if OBD kept SJ. Otherwise we have not improved much at all.

Dont get me wrong I would love to have both these guys on the field together. I was more or less referring to Stevie's need to celebrate and VJ sitting nearly an entire season for more money (BTW he only earned 550k that year because of that). Perhaps Diva wasn't the best word to describe what I was aiming for.

I applaud u on that... :thumbsup: and also would add that I know what you mean now...

Dont get me wrong I would love to have both these guys on the field together. I was more or less referring to Stevie's need to celebrate and VJ sitting nearly an entire season for more money (BTW he only earned 550k that year because of that). Perhaps Diva wasn't the best word to describe what I was aiming for.

Oh and also I think Stevie's problem is not just having to celebrate but to "have a new one every touchdown"... I think if Stevie came up with a "signature" TD celebration it would be better for him... That way you know what to expect everytime he scored and he would "own" that celebration and can never be flagged for it...Idk... Just an opinion...

I thought Cousins handled things pretty well in their bowl game. My favorite bowl QB for the Gailey system has been either Tannehill or RG3.

Thank you Astro, Glad to see I'm not the only who thinks Tannehill can play.

Thought VJ was going to be a FA?

I applaud u on that... :thumbsup: and also would add that I know what you mean now...

Oh and also I think Stevie's problem is not just having to celebrate but to "have a new one every touchdown"... I think if Stevie came up with a "signature" TD celebration it would be better for him... That way you know what to expect everytime he scored and he would "own" that celebration and can never be flagged for it...Idk... Just an opinion...

yeah, like spike the ball do some high 5s and get off the field. This doesn't mean I want him gone, I want him, VJ and Wallace here all at the same time, think what chan could do with that!

In this scenario, San Diego trades VJ to Buffalo and they switch spots in RD1 and RD2 of the draft. San Diego moves up to #11; Buffalo down to #15.

The result:

1 15 Buffalo Whitney Mercilus OLB34 Illinois (our P1)

2 48 Buffalo Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State (one of our P2's)

3 74 Buffalo Nick Toon WRF Wisconsin (one of our P2's)

4 106 Buffalo Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State (one of our P2's)

4 122 Buffalo Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State (one of our P2's)

5 136 Buffalo Matt Conrath DE34 Virginia P3

6 170 Buffalo Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn P3

7 202 Buffalo Adrian Robinson OLB34 Temple P1

I like VJ, but I don't think he is right for the Bills. He is a down field receiver (and an inconsistent one this season at best), he has never been that good with the underneath stuff. With Fitz's poor downfield accuracy, and the Bills short passing scheme, this probably doesn't make a ton of sense.

I think we need SJ...plus another SJ type (preferably with better hands), to go along with him. Wayne, Bowe?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

In this scenario, San Diego trades VJ to Buffalo and they switch spots in RD1 and RD2 of the draft. San Diego moves up to #11; Buffalo down to #15.

The result:

no need for toon at three with Jackson added. why not a olb like k robinson from texas

yeah, like spike the ball do some high 5s and get off the field. This doesn't mean I want him gone, I want him, VJ and Wallace here all at the same time, think what chan could do with that!

I mean Tomlinson has the hold my head with one hand and stretch the ball and release thing he does, Gronkowski juss spikes it hard, Bradshaw jumps up and spikes it turning in the air and Victor Cruz has the salsa dance which became famous this year... I'm sure Stevie is creative enough to come up with a very cool signature TD... If he wanted to that is...

The result:

OK, if anyone else wrote this...Astro, you seem to be more than reasonably educated in the game, so I can put a little more weight into what you post, so thank you for that!

With the SD connection from Buddy and Merriman (SP) I don't think this is as far fetched as it initially appears to be. VJ & Stevie would be a ridiculous 1-2 WR rivaling what Atlanta has in White & Jones and put them among the top 5 duo's in the NFL...right up there with aforementioned Atlanta, GB, NO, etc.

Here's my "but" scenario...for the money, why not go after 2 slightly lower end WR's, but still remain in the upper echelon of WR corps? I think, with the KC connection Gailey has, Bowe might be a very attractive option. This would still give us a great 1-2 where neither could be doubled. To round it out I would add Meachum to the mix. He's a legit deep threat and I don't see any way that NO is able to keep him, even if they wanted to, he's expendable with the current group of guys they have in Colston, Henderson, Moore and the emergence of Roby as a reliable 4th option. Plus they have bigger priorities with Breez, Colston, Nicks, Franklin, Porter & Rogers.

Imagine going into next season with a WR's like SJ13, Bowe, Meachum, Nelson, Haggan (I liked what I saw in limited time), Smith & Roosevelt. Unfortunately this leaves no room for Aiken, who I believe will be a very good WR in tis league when he gets his shot...I just like what I've seen with Roosevelt and the fact that he's a hometown guy. However, I believe he'd still be eligible for the PS.

This way we stay put in the draft order. I like Mercilus because of the monster year he had, but I' like Nick Perry a bit better. Perry had a couple great years and one slowed by a nagging high ankle sprain (never let it full heal, came back to soon & it bugged him for a while). He just seems to move a bit quicker on the field to me. My problem is that both of these guys are NCAA DE's projecting to be NFL OLB's...I mean, they fit a need of quick edge setting pass rushers, but a big question is their coverage skills. Are they able to drop and cover the middle of the field on the weak side and cover a TE on the strong side?

Rather than giving a mock, here's my extremely early watch list per round:

Rd 1 - Courtney Upshaw (DE/OLB), Melvin Ingram (DE/OLB), Whitney Mercilus (DE/OLB), Alfonso Denard (CB) and Jonathan Martin (OT). With these options, I think it may enable us to trade back a few spots and pick up extra pick(s).

Rd 2 - Billy Winn (DT/DE), Bruce Irvin (OLB; very intrigued, but to small to play DE in the NFL), Zebrie Sanders (OT), Chase Minnifield (CB). Again, may be able to trade back into the mid to later parts of the round.

Rd 3 - Cam Johnson (DE), Andrew Datko (OT), Chandler Jones (DE/OLB), Tommy Streeter (WR), Michael Egnew (TE),

Rd 4 - Levy Adcock (OT), Shea McLellin (DE/OLB), Ryan Lindley (QB) or Brandon Weeden (QB).

Thoughts...?

Like the trade for Jackson, and I really like the Mercilus pick. Not a huge fan of going OT in round 2, however, as I'd really like a WR in that spot. I'd prefer Dwight Jones or Mohamed Sanu to Toon. Dwight Jones could prove to be the best WR to come out of this draft class. Love the Cousins pick in round 4. Leonard Johnson is a smurph....doesn't seem to fall in line with what Buddy is trying to do with our defense (bigger, more physical).

You know, I've been watching the bowl games again over the last couple days, and I have to agree with you about Sanu. There were plays that Sanu didn't get the catch but was the obvious decoy. Unlike some WR's, Sanu

LOOKED LIKE he was the primary target, and attracted attention as a result--opening up holes in front or behind him.

OK, if anyone else wrote this...Astro, you seem to be more than reasonably educated in the game, so I can put a little more weight into what you post, so thank you for that!

With the SD connection from Buddy and Merriman (SP) I don't think this is as far fetched as it initially appears to be. VJ & Stevie would be a ridiculous 1-2 WR rivaling what Atlanta has in White & Jones and put them among the top 5 duo's in the NFL...right up there with aforementioned Atlanta, GB, NO, etc.

Here's my "but" scenario...for the money, why not go after 2 slightly lower end WR's, but still remain in the upper echelon of WR corps? I think, with the KC connection Gailey has, Bowe might be a very attractive option. This would still give us a great 1-2 where neither could be doubled. To round it out I would add Meachum to the mix. He's a legit deep threat and I don't see any way that NO is able to keep him, even if they wanted to, he's expendable with the current group of guys they have in Colston, Henderson, Moore and the emergence of Roby as a reliable 4th option. Plus they have bigger priorities with Breez, Colston, Nicks, Franklin, Porter & Rogers.

Imagine going into next season with a WR's like SJ13, Bowe, Meachum, Nelson, Haggan (I liked what I saw in limited time), Smith & Roosevelt. Unfortunately this leaves no room for Aiken, who I believe will be a very good WR in tis league when he gets his shot...I just like what I've seen with Roosevelt and the fact that he's a hometown guy. However, I believe he'd still be eligible for the PS.

This way we stay put in the draft order. I like Mercilus because of the monster year he had, but I' like Nick Perry a bit better. Perry had a couple great years and one slowed by a nagging high ankle sprain (never let it full heal, came back to soon & it bugged him for a while). He just seems to move a bit quicker on the field to me. My problem is that both of these guys are NCAA DE's projecting to be NFL OLB's...I mean, they fit a need of quick edge setting pass rushers, but a big question is their coverage skills. Are they able to drop and cover the middle of the field on the weak side and cover a TE on the strong side?

Rather than giving a mock, here's my extremely early watch list per round:

Rd 1 - Courtney Upshaw (DE/OLB), Melvin Ingram (DE/OLB), Whitney Mercilus (DE/OLB), Alfonso Denard (CB) and Jonathan Martin (OT). With these options, I think it may enable us to trade back a few spots and pick up extra pick(s).

Rd 2 - Billy Winn (DT/DE), Bruce Irvin (OLB; very intrigued, but to small to play DE in the NFL), Zebrie Sanders (OT), Chase Minnifield (CB). Again, may be able to trade back into the mid to later parts of the round.

Rd 3 - Cam Johnson (DE), Andrew Datko (OT), Chandler Jones (DE/OLB), Tommy Streeter (WR), Michael Egnew (TE),

Rd 4 - Levy Adcock (OT), Shea McLellin (DE/OLB), Ryan Lindley (QB) or Brandon Weeden (QB).

Thoughts...?

Love Billy Winn. He'd be our DE most likely, and we have him going to Cheatriots at #63 right now. I like Irvin but maybe he'll be a cover two or safety before he's done, who knows what Buffalo Wings will do to his figure. I like Melvin Ingram better in RD#2, but fear that one of the playoff teams will snare him at the end of RD1. Sanders has come up often when I run simulations. Just say no: