Bills took a look at Ryan Harris this week

Beerball

I'm actually fairly optimistic about our offensive line for next season. I think these guys have been pretty good at identifying guys who fit our system, so I'm all for bringing in more. Can't have too many.

An offensive lineman with back issues. Who am I to ask what they are thinking? :wallbash:

They need bodies for OTAs who might just have long term value as well . Wood, Bell and Urbik won't be available for OTAs at all. Average fans just don't get it. You can't have like 5 O Lineman and expect to conduct meaningful OTAs. Geez.... This is just good personnel management. We have THREE O Line starters who have had major injuries in the past couple months who will be lucky to make it to opening of training camp.

They need bodies for OTAs who might just have long term value as well . Wood, Bell and Urbik won't be available for OTAs at all. Average fans just don't get it. You can't have like 5 O Lineman and expect to conduct meaningful OTAs. Geez.... This is just good personnel management. We have THREE O Line starters who have had major injuries in the past couple months who will be lucky to make it to opening of training camp.

Excellent point. A lot of knee injuries this year. Some guys come back faster than others from those. Too soon to tell whether the full group will be back from this year or whether there will be holes to fill.

When they bring a guy in at this point, I assume they don't expect him to play on Sunday. Are they looking them over to decide whether or not to invite the guy back for OTAs? Will some of these guys get multiple offers? Is there any sort of bidding that would go on for a guy to come to Buffalo for OTAs rather than somewhere else?

While I don't expect Harris to be on the opening day roster, this is a good example of scouts doing their due diligence to determine what is out there on the scrap heap. If they come across a nugget sitting out there, it shows their keen eye for talent. If they come across nothing but some busted tailpipes, then at least they looked.

I actually think this is a Nix strength, checking the tires on guys. I like that last year he found guys for our Oline and a contributing TE, that way. What is to complain about? Our previous FOs really never really found as many values this way.

I actually think this is a Nix strength, checking the tires on guys. I like that last year he found guys for our Oline and a contributing TE, that way. What is to complain about? Our previous FOs really never really found as many values this way.

There is nothing to complain about.

Some people just like to complain.