Bell or Wood

zazie

An oft injured but very servicable LT, or an oft injured but very fine center coming off the ACL tear. I think Bell gets more due to the LT being a more valued position. Not sure though, Wood IS the white guy (LOL, kind of) and he was excellent when healthy.....

Wood is very very injury prone. Two seasons - Two season ending injuries. I'll give you this though - if he can stay healthy he'll be a good one

The center position is the key position on th eO-Line as far as I'm concerned. Woods injuries were very serious, but he came back to play well after the broken leg and he'll come back well after this one as well.

An oft injured but very servicable LT, or an oft injured but very fine center coming off the ACL tear. I think Bell gets more due to the LT being a more valued position. Not sure though, Wood IS the white guy (LOL, kind of) and he was excellent when healthy.....

Wood is on contact. If he comes back healthy we should extend him. He has Pro Bowl potential.

Bell should be retained if possible. With his injuries he may be easier to retain. They should not give the job to Hairston, they should keep Bell and let them compete for it.

Levitre is the guy who needs to be locked up the most, but I would like to see all 3 with new deals ASAP.....I really think Bell is the only guy on the roster who should be a full time LT though. Hairston needs to go to the right and battle Pears and the loser become the backup/swing tackle.

I would say Bell is an oft injured, and barely startable LT. With Hairston looking decent, and healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the last of Bell.

Wood has had 2 serious rolling leg injuries, I wouldn't really call that oft injured, but unlucky so far. He has also looked very good so far when healthy. That was painfully obvious when the offense completely tanked after he was gone (along with others of course).

The Bills didn't look any different with Bell than they did with Hairston, Hairston looks to have more upside to me though. That's a strong dude.

How can we count on Bell? If he's asking for back-up type money, then sign him, because he's basically a back-up in light of how few games he plays.

Wood's injuries are more of the fluke variety-- he got his leg rolled over on twice. Bad luck. He's a keeper.

Yeah, what he said ^

Wood is on contact. If he comes back healthy we should extend him. He has Pro Bowl potential.

Bell should be retained if possible. With his injuries he may be easier to retain. They should not give the job to Hairston, they should keep Bell and let them compete for it.

Bell is another Jonas Jennings...at least in terms of being an effective but often injured LT. Now, the history on Jennings....good to very good here, but often injured. SF signed him for about $75 mil for a number of years...4 or 5 anyhow, and he played very few games in all those years....I think 12 or something. SF did not resign him...and he is not in football now to my knowledge. So, if the bills let Bell walk, even though he is capable, that might be the right decision. Only way to keep him, I think, is a one year good contract to see if he can come close to lasting a full season. Hasn't shown that yet. Really good players haveto be durible also to justify BIG bucks.

You keep Bell if you can get him for the right price (which should be a bargain since he has trouble staying in there), if someone over pays for him it is okay if he goes but it is not great. I would like our whole line to somehow stay healthy for a change, although got to give Fitz Chan and Joe D. some credit for the way they played this year and and Nix, Wahley for getting serviceable guys, Still need another TE, I hope the Brock kid has something. I would draft OLBs a wide out or two and tackles this year. I think we have 10 draft picks?, will be interesting.

Wood is very very injury prone. Two seasons - Two season ending injuries. I'll give you this though - if he can stay healthy he'll be a good one

his injuries were flukes and are certainly not what would normally be described as injury prone

Bell on the other hand is injury prone

been saying all year that I would like to see the Bills draft a legit LT that they can put there for 10 years

his injuries were flukes and are certainly not what would normally be described as injury prone

Bell on the other hand is injury prone

been saying all year that I would like to see the Bills draft a legit LT that they can put there for 10 years

I don't know, Max.

The first Wood injury was a fluke.

But the second one wasn't that flukey, IMO. If I recall he and a defensive player were running down the field away from the play and the defender pushed Wood who fell awkwardly. It seemed like a very innocent play and one that wouldn't result in a player ending up on injured reserve with a serious knee injury.

I only saw the play once but is said "injury-prone" to me.

I love EW and hope injuries don't derail his career because the guy's an excellent player.

I can't argue with the fact that Wood has been injury prone so far. I do have a tough time holding that against him though. Both times that his season was ended, he was rolled up on, which could easily happen to anyone regardless of their propensity to get injured. Wood has already proved that he has what it takes to be a dominant Center in this league, let's just hope that he can keep playing for another 8-10 years.

My guess is they let Bell go because they have Hairston behind him, but the way Bell controlled Dumerville last week, I'm not so sure this is the smart thing to do.

Hairston is way better suited for the right side. But hey at least he's a body out there at left tackle. And he's cheap so until his rookie contract ends he;s all ours.

Bell will have very limited interest from the league. The Bills could probably resign him cheap.

Injury prone is a misnomer. Injuries are more about luck than anything else. Certain TYPES of injuries (Hamstrings come to mind) can point to a training problem, or some other problem within the player or coaching/training staff, but most of the injuries we see are just the result of dumb luck. History shows that "injury prone" labeled players can go on to have excellent even pro bowl careers once their luck changes. A good example of a talented but oft injured player being released and going on to have an outstanding career was Ted Washington. Denver labeled him injury prone and dumped him after 4 years.... we see how that turned out.

Now as for Bell, he is worth starting LT money, no doubt about that. But is he worth #1 LT or #32 LT money? That is the real question. Considering there are roughly 11 LT's I have seen this season I would want LESS than D. Bell I think he is probably worth just below average type money and he'll probably have to agree to certain parameters to reach certain guarantees such as a minimum number of starts and such.

Levitre and Wood are both worth above average starter money, and should be extended into their early 30's.

Erik Pears has proven to be a lot better than anyone gave him credit for. Say what you will, but he has been the most solid RT we have had since Jason Peters manned the RT spot....

Craig Urbik is another pleasant surprise and his versatility is also welcome... a solid starter. Hope he is back and injury free.

People who think Chris Hairston is a better LT than Bell must be blind! At this point, when Bell was in, the Running game took off to the left, and when Hairston was in it struggled... in pass blocking I've seen Hairston flagged more and has had his share of WHIFFS. That isn't to say that he can't improve, as all of the faults are correctable with time and coaching.... I'd just rather see more from him before I shuffle the line again.... and Bell is quite capable when healthy.

Even Chad Rhinehart is an acceptable backup! When healthy, the starting 7 are pretty good and have lots of room to grow....

all in all I still expect the Bills to draft an OL probably a Tackle (which can also be converted to guard).

Do we re-sign Bell? I know that when healthy, he is a fine LT. I'm just not sure he can play RT, or beat out Hairston for the LT job. I took that into consideration when I made my latest mock draft and took Datko in the 3rd round.