Gotta love this guy's name as a Buffalo Bill

Mercilus is a beast and I wouldn't be mad if we took him, if Barkley, Blackmon, and RG3 are off the board. I like him better than Upshaw personally. The guy is basically unblockable at times. He honestly reminds me a lot of Lamar Woodley. Strong as a bull, but still very quick and athletic. Relentless when getting after the QB. If we could grab Mercilus in the 1st and Vinny Curry in the 2nd I would be doing backflips in my living room.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84728&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=10128&draftyear=2007&genpos=de

Who reminds you of Woodley?

Upshaw definitely mirrors Woodley in stature, but it seems Mercilus has a 6'4" frame and runs under a 4.6 40 yd dash. Not saying I wouldn't take Upshaw in a heartbeat as an SEC LB he has proven himself, but those big bruising LB's with speed ( a la Harrison, Biscuit) are fun to watch....good to know we have a few options. Should pan out to be an exciting April.

Upshaw definitely mirrors Woodley in stature, but it seems Mercilus has a 6'4" frame and runs under a 4.6 40 yd dash. Not saying I wouldn't take Upshaw in a heartbeat as an SEC LB he has proven himself, but those big bruising LB's with speed ( a la Harrison, Biscuit) are fun to watch....good to know we have a few options. Should pan out to be an exciting April.

Here's several dozen plays in context (NOT highlights) of Whitney Mercilus against Arizona State.

http://draftbreakdown.com/whitney-mercilus-vs-asu-2011

Bookmark this site. It's excellent for videos.

Not sold on Mercilus. There was a thread started about him with videos in the OP (videos now removed by the Big Ten) and he looked slow and lazy and didnt stand out as anything special.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for more info/clips as we approach the draft, but for right now... Meh, Id rather have Upshaw who has been a leader on the nation's best defense and already plays 34OLB.

Watched one game of him this year and wouldn't say he was slow or lazy but didn't overwhelm. He did good considering he was getting double teamed all day so it's hard to say. Would need to see a lot more film to know for sure.

Wonder if there is way to get game film on these guys like the scouts do? That would be friggin awesome for us draft junkies!!!

Mercilus is a beast and I wouldn't be mad if we took him, if Barkley, Blackmon, and RG3 are off the board. I like him better than Upshaw personally. The guy is basically unblockable at times. He honestly reminds me a lot of Lamar Woodley. Strong as a bull, but still very quick and athletic. Relentless when getting after the QB. If we could grab Mercilus in the 1st and Vinny Curry in the 2nd I would be doing backflips in my living room.

Vinny Curry ... Eh' watched him last night and not impressed. Honestly think he will be overwhelmed in the NFL, he didn't do much last night, didn't have any moves or speed so unless he learns some technique I don't see much value there.

Those drafttek rankings are kind of a joke. They have RGIII ranked at #24 and Reilly Reiff at #7? I wonder what data they use to create those rankings?

I have wondered the same thing. I don't know but maybe they go but how they think they should be ranked on their abilities instead of where teams will take them. Until the Heisman RG3 was mid rounder all season and now well he must be a top 5 pick and the next Cam Newton. Not saying he is bad just saying he jumped up in a hurry.