Good Article On The BS That is Obama

Dante

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are so funny...you asked me where my anger will be when the next Republican president makes such a move (and they will), but then call my asking you where your anger was when the last guy did it "tiresome". You seem to love lashing out at double standards when it comes to the president, but have no problem with them when they are aligned with your political view.

There are only so many times I can admit to having not been as close an observer of politics as I have been in the past four years.There was no anger from me because I simply wasn't paying enough attention. And since you've missed the first dozen times I've explained it here, let me also say again that my problems started not with Barack Obama but with John McCain. I was particularly furious with some of the things he was proposing, especially as it related to addressing the mortgage crises, and the more I truly studied him, the angrier I got.

For the record, Obama is "my guy", only because there isn't any better alternative being offered right now. You can throw around the "worst in my lifetime" tag (talk about tiresome, and lazy catchphrases) all you want, but I guess I remember worse. Since we are being drama queens here, I don't recall any president in my lifetime ever facing as much BS, from day one, as the current president. My biggest criticism of Obama is that he tried, for too long to play nice with people who had no interest in working with him. I chalk that up to nietivity on his part.

Interestingly, I don't ever recall in my lifetime a president having spent two of the first three years of his first term with control of the House, the Senate and the WH, and yet incessantly complaining how his agenda has been obstructed "from day one." It falls short of any truth test, no matter how many times people like you want to bring it up. And if you'll recall, Obama NEVER tried to play nice with anyone other in the beginning because he simply did whatever Pelosi, Reid, Emmanuel and Axelrod told him to do: pass stimulus immediately and get to work on Obamacare. This was all set to a backdrop of first-year comments like "We won, deal with it" and "Get on the back of the bus."

So no matter how many times you say he played nice for too long and he was obstructed from "day one," the only people belieiving that are people too lazy to think for themselves.

There are only so many times I can admit to having not been as close an observer of politics as I have been in the past four years.There was no anger from me because I simply wasn't paying enough attention. And since you've missed the first dozen times I've explained it here, let me also say again that my problems started not with Barack Obama but with John McCain. I was particularly furious with some of the things he was proposing, especially as it related to addressing the mortgage crises, and the more I truly studied him, the angrier I got.

Interestingly, I don't ever recall in my lifetime a president having spent two of the first three years of his first term with control of the House, the Senate and the WH, and yet incessantly complaining how his agenda has been obstructed "from day one." It falls short of any truth test, no matter how many times people like you want to bring it up. And if you'll recall, Obama NEVER tried to play nice with anyone other in the beginning because he simply did whatever Pelosi, Reid, Emmanuel and Axelrod told him to do: pass stimulus immediately and get to work on Obamacare. This was all set to a backdrop of first-year comments like "We won, deal with it" and "Get on the back of the bus."

So no matter how many times you say he played nice for too long and he was obstructed from "day one," the only people belieiving that are people too lazy to think for themselves.

Sorry, I don't hang on your every post...but isn't it silly then, to say, over and over, "the worst in my lifetime" (as I have seen numerous times from you) when you just really mean, the "worst president in the last 4 years, since I have been paying attention".

You are just wrong some of the time. Or, as somebody in the thread said, you only have the ability to see things as they pertain to your best interets. You seem to be suscribing to the pervasive attitude around here of (and nobody here isn't guilty of it, except DC Tom of course, "I said it, I believe it, so it is true". By your definition, anyone who doesn't think the way you do is "too lazy to think for themselves." What an inflated ego you seem to have.

As somebody who worked with health insurance in my previous job (until 2 years ago), I can tell you, the question was "Okay, Obama talked about healthcare reform, but where is it"? He didin't come out of the gates swinging on healthcare, as most anticipated he would. IMO, and others, we got a watered down versio, that nobody was really happy with.

btw- I share some of your sentiments on John McCain, I think. I can't think of another politician in recent times who more exemplifies everything horrible about the state of politics right now. I used to have the utmost respect for him. I used to think he was as prinipled as they come...now I just see him as somebody who will say anything, to anyone, just to get good press.

Edited by Buftex

Sorry, I don't hang on your every post...but isn't it silly then, to say, over and over, "the worst in my lifetime" (as I have seen numerous times from you) when you just really mean, the "worst president in the last 4 years, since I have been paying attention".

You raise a good point, but let's be fair. What I've been paying closer attention to are the discussions that happen behind the headlines; not just that something has been done, but how it got done. And how that process relates to previous processes.

Also to be fair, I don't run around yelling he's' "the worst" president in my lifetime. I yell that he's the most embarrassing. And I don't need years of deep political comparative analysis to realize this. Just watch the way he behaves. He takes talking out of both sides of your mouth to unbelievably embarrassing levels.

Who is embarrassing enough to actually refer to people earning $200K a year as millionaires and billionaires? Who is embarrassing enough to imply that a corporate jet tax is the answer to our deficit problems? Who is embarrassing enough to spend years yelling loudly about the irresponsibility of raising the debt limit, crony capitalism, and recess appointments, only to get in the driver's seat and repeatedly ask to have the debt limit raised, appointment people when the Senate actually ISN'T in recess, and launders trillions in taxpayer funds to friends and supporters from SEIU, AFL-CIO, right down to the principals at Solyndra?

Yes, much of that is justified by people like yourself as "politics as usual," but it's embarrassing that he is so blatantly obvious that he is not only completely full of crap, but that he doesn't care WHAT we think because he'll just move on to the next embarrassing move to keep criticism off target. Which was the basis of my point in the very beginning of this thread. He has no integrity, it shows in the polls as it relates to people who have confidence in him, so he has to keep doing embarrassing little stuff so no one focuses on just how comprehensively embarrassing of a president he really is.

Years from now he will be worse than an example of a bad president. He'll be used as an example of an embarrassing human.

You raise a good point, but let's be fair. What I've been paying closer attention to are the discussions that happen behind the headlines; not just that something has been done, but how it got done. And how that process relates to previous processes.

Also to be fair, I don't run around yelling he's' "the worst" president in my lifetime. I yell that he's the most embarrassing. And I don't need years of deep political comparative analysis to realize this. Just watch the way he behaves. He takes talking out of both sides of your mouth to unbelievably embarrassing levels.

Who is embarrassing enough to actually refer to people earning $200K a year as millionaires and billionaires? Who is embarrassing enough to imply that a corporate jet tax is the answer to our deficit problems? Who is embarrassing enough to spend years yelling loudly about the irresponsibility of raising the debt limit, crony capitalism, and recess appointments, only to get in the driver's seat and repeatedly ask to have the debt limit raised, appointment people when the Senate actually ISN'T in recess, and launders trillions in taxpayer funds to friends and supporters from SEIU, AFL-CIO, right down to the principals at Solyndra?

Yes, much of that is justified by people like yourself as "politics as usual," but it's embarrassing that he is so blatantly obvious that he is not only completely full of crap, but that he doesn't care WHAT we think because he'll just move on to the next embarrassing move to keep criticism off target. Which was the basis of my point in the very beginning of this thread. He has no integrity, it shows in the polls as it relates to people who have confidence in him, so he has to keep doing embarrassing little stuff so no one focuses on just how comprehensively embarrassing of a president he really is.

Years from now he will be worse than an example of a bad president. He'll be used as an example of an embarrassing human.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........I guess we have come full circle! :P

Isn't it past your bedtime Napleon?

Napleon, the Greek God of "transitioning? I don't think so. Denise/Dennis, posterior injections don't really help you become the person you want to become. You've been fooled, again. Don't worry though, the oral injections are still available for you libs.

Napleon, the Greek God of "transitioning? I don't think so. Denise/Dennis, posterior injections don't really help you become the person you want to become. You've been fooled, again. Don't worry though, the oral injections are still available for you libs.

You are good at catching typos, I will give you that. Part of that little man's complex I suppose. It sounds like you may have some issues, so I will leave it at that.

You are good at catching typos, I will give you that. Part of that little man's complex I suppose. It sounds like you may have some issues, so I will leave it at that.

And, you are good at making typos. What does that say about you?