Most updated Draft Status

Juror#8

Hopefully this is unique enough to merit it's own post and amendments as games are played over the next two weeks. Mods, please feel free to consolidate with one of the 1500 other draft posts if you deem it appropriate. I know that there are a lot of draft threads right now. Just wanted to post something that, at least for the week, is current.

No apologies #8. That's a great post and good info. Thx.

Keep in mind also that we could wind up winning the SOS tiebreaker with Miami. It all comes down to our only non-common opponents: Cincy and Tennessee for us (combined record: 15-13), Houston and Cleveland for Miami (combined record: 14-14). Cleveland winning is doubly good, and we should definitely be rooting for Houston and against the Bengals and Titans these last 2 weeks. Houston hosts Tennessee in Week 17 - that could be big for our draft spot.

Contrary to what I've been posting in other threads, division/conference tiebreakers do come into effect (if applicable) after SOS, so if we end up with the same record & SOS as Miami, we'll draft in front of them.

Keep in mind also that we could wind up winning the SOS tiebreaker with Miami. It all comes down to our only non-common opponents: Cincy and Tennessee for us (combined record: 15-13), Houston and Cleveland for Miami (combined record: 14-14). Cleveland winning is doubly good, and we should definitely be rooting for Houston and against the Bengals and Titans these last 2 weeks. Houston hosts Tennessee in Week 17 - that could be big for our draft spot.

Contrary to what I've been posting in other threads, division/conference tiebreakers do come into effect (if applicable) after SOS, so if we end up with the same record & SOS as Miami, we'll draft in front of them.

I took this idea and ran with it. I broke down this weeks games and what we should root for in each one and why. Strangely I couldn't find anything to help or hurt the Bills in the sunday night (GB vs. Chi) or Monday night (Atl vs. NO). So for our best drafting possibility this is what Bills fans should root for.

*note this is only for draft position bc I def dont want to root for the cowboys for any reason!

Thursday:

Houston vs. Indy - Houston win would raise Mia S.O.S. (strength of schedule)

Saturday:

Mia vs N.E. - win would give Mia 6 moving them behind us

Jax vs. Ten - Jax win would lower our S.O.S. and move Jax to 5 wins

NYG vs. NYJ - Giants just bc its the Jets lol and a loss would all but end their sb hopes

TB vs. Car - tough to pick but I say TB as it would move them behind us and raise Car S.O.S.

Cle vs. Bal. - Cle win would raise them to 5 and drop them behind us due to S.O.S. and raise Mia S.O.S.

Ari vs Cin. - Ari. win would lower our S.O.S

Min vs Wash - Washington win would give them 6 w's

Den vs Buff - ready to be flamed but since this is for draft pick gotta root for Den W

St.L. vs Pit - Pitt win would raise Jax and Cle S.O.S

Oak vs. KC - Oak win raises cle s.o.s plus puts pressure on the Jets lol

SD vs. Det - Det win lowers our S.O.S.

Phi vs Dal - Dallas win raises TB S.O.S.

SF vs Sea - SF win raises Wash S.O.S

I know its a lot to digest and I may have made some errors but this is what I believe would be the perfect storm for the Bills. This scenario would (I believe) move us all the way up to the 6th pick!

Edited by section122

HOPEFULLY, this is the draft that changes everything around here. I think last year's draft was very good for us personally. Marcell Dareus is going to be a good if not great player for us, Aaron Williams has the look of being our #1 CB, Sheppard is only going to get better with the understanding of the game in our defense, Hairston looks like he could pan out to be a solid starting OT, and I think Searcy will only get better as well. I think we got ourselves 5 quality starters out of this last draft.

Enter this year's scenario. If we end up 4th we will have our pick between a plethora of top notch players. Minnesota is after Khalil I believe. They need a guy to fill the gap left by the release of McKinnie. Indy more than likely is going to take Luck. Polian is too smart of a GM to pass on him. St Louis will take Blackmon. They have a lot invested in Bradford. If they can re-sign Lloyd and draft Blackmon things will definitely be looking up in St. Louis. That leaves us a pick between Matt Barkley, RGIII, Morris Claiborne, Quinton Coples, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Jonathan Martin will likely headline the list of choices, possibly even Ashlon Jeffery. I would take Matt Barkley honestly, but RGIII would not be a disappointment.

I took this idea and ran with it. I broke down this weeks games and what we should root for in each one and why. Strangely I couldn't find anything to help or hurt the Bills in the sunday night (GB vs. Chi) or Monday night (Atl vs. NO). So for our best drafting possibility this is what Bills fans should root for.

*note this is only for draft position bc I def dont want to root for the cowboys for any reason!

Thursday:

Houston vs. Indy - Houston win would raise Mia S.O.S. (strength of schedule)

Saturday:

Mia vs N.E. - win would give Mia 6 moving them behind us

Jax vs. Ten - Jax win would lower our S.O.S. and move Jax to 5 wins

NYG vs. NYJ - Giants just bc its the Jets lol and a loss would all but end their sb hopes

TB vs. Car - tough to pick but I say TB as it would move them behind us and raise Car S.O.S.

Cle vs. Bal. - Cle win would raise them to 5 and drop them behind us due to S.O.S. and raise Mia S.O.S.

Ari vs Cin. - Ari. win would lower our S.O.S

Min vs Wash - Washington win would give them 6 w's

Den vs Buff - ready to be flamed but since this is for draft pick gotta root for Den W

St.L. vs Pit - Pitt win would raise Jax and Cle S.O.S

Oak vs. KC - Oak win raises cle s.o.s plus puts pressure on the Jets lol

SD vs. Det - Det win lowers our S.O.S.

Phi vs Dal - Dallas win raises TB S.O.S.

SF vs Sea - SF win raises Wash S.O.S

I know its a lot to digest and I may have made some errors but this is what I believe would be the perfect storm for the Bills. This scenario would (I believe) move us all the way up to the 6th pick!

Thanks - I didn't attempt this because I would have risked my brain exploding. Good job. I'm printing it out!

HOPEFULLY, this is the draft that changes everything around here. I think last year's draft was very good for us personally. Marcell Dareus is going to be a good if not great player for us, Aaron Williams has the look of being our #1 CB, Sheppard is only going to get better with the understanding of the game in our defense, Hairston looks like he could pan out to be a solid starting OT, and I think Searcy will only get better as well. I think we got ourselves 5 quality starters out of this last draft.

Enter this year's scenario. If we end up 4th we will have our pick between a plethora of top notch players. Minnesota is after Khalil I believe. They need a guy to fill the gap left by the release of McKinnie. Indy more than likely is going to take Luck. Polian is too smart of a GM to pass on him. St Louis will take Blackmon. They have a lot invested in Bradford. If they can re-sign Lloyd and draft Blackmon things will definitely be looking up in St. Louis. That leaves us a pick between Matt Barkley, RGIII, Morris Claiborne, Quinton Coples, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Jonathan Martin will likely headline the list of choices, possibly even Ashlon Jeffery. I would take Matt Barkley honestly, but RGIII would not be a disappointment.

sshhhhhhhhhh ! SAY C O P L E S ! ..MERRY XMAS ,