Game blacked out in SD

I know, SD fans are terrible. We went there this year for the Packer game and the stadium was over half green and gold. Unreal. We travel well, but come on that is disgusting.

When I was stationed in San Diego in '71 I had a chance to see the Bills play at- I think it was Jack Murphy stadium in Mission Valley with a few other sailors from WNY. It was only about half full with a good number of empty seats below, so I explained to an usher that the 4 of us were from Buffalo (well area anyway)and would it be possible to move down closer to the field and Bills bench. He said he would check and get back to us. Toward the end of the first half he comes over and asks if we still want to move down as he can get us seats 15 rows from the field. Talk about happy after you have been going 12 hours a day for six days a week for 12 weeks with eight more to go at NTC, this one day was like a vacation for us. And altough the Bills lost 20- 3 and we were disappointed with the score, the high of happieness from just seeing our beloved Buffalo Bills play some 3,000 miles from home is a memory that alays brings a smile to my face.

When I was stationed in San Diego in '71 I had a chance to see the Bills play at- I think it was Jack Murphy stadium in Mission Valley with a few other sailors from WNY. It was only about half full with a good number of empty seats below, so I explained to an usher that the 4 of us were from Buffalo (well area anyway)and would it be possible to move down closer to the field and Bills bench. He said he would check and get back to us. Toward the end of the first half he comes over and asks if we still want to move down as he can get us seats 15 rows from the field. Talk about happy after you have been going 12 hours a day for six days a week for 12 weeks with eight more to go at NTC, this one day was like a vacation for us. And altough the Bills lost 20- 3 and we were disappointed with the score, the high of happieness from just seeing our beloved Buffalo Bills play some 3,000 miles from home is a memory that alays brings a smile to my face.

Nice one. Solid day at the stadium.

I went the last time the Bills were in town in 05. The stadium was half Bills fans and we were able to get 6 tickets all next to each other at the box office. It was blacked out that day as well. The stadium is a **** hole, but the tailgating experience puts that of the Ralph's to shame.

I went the last time the Bills were in town in 05. The stadium was half Bills fans and we were able to get 6 tickets all next to each other at the box office. It was blacked out that day as well. The stadium is a **** hole, but the tailgating experience puts that of the Ralph's to shame.

You were lucky to buy tickets at the box office. For the Packer game this year the stadium was sold out and we had to purchase tickets for $250 a piece. Packer fans were actually driving up costs. Unreal. We figured going to a stadium with a team with a crappy fan base we could get cheap tickets for once.

Now why isn't there anyone talking about how bad the Oakland organization is for not buying up the left over tickets and lifting the black out????

Seemed to be a huge topic last week.......

Probably because the game is in San Diego.

Just out of curiosity what does San Diego for tailgating to make it special?

In hindsight, wasn't that a little too close to OJ??? :blush:

The stadium is a **** hole, but the tailgating experience puts that of the Ralph's to shame.

WHAT WHAT WHAT????????? I am a Packer fan, and most people around the league say we have the best tailgating, and I have heard Buffalo is the closest to GB!!!!!!!! I was all jacked to go there in 2014. If you think that the tailgating in SD is good, I am confused. We went there on 11/6 and it was NOT good. Well, the 50% Packer fans in the lot were good, but the Bolts was nothing special at all.

We always heard the closest to Lambeau is the Ralph and Arrowhead. I have been to Arrowhead, and that was pretty good. Someone tell me how much better the tailgating is in Buffalo than this.

Kenny said they rented out the Chargers' practice field :D

Yep, the SDBBC tailgate party is on the practice field. It's going to be huge. I'm in the airport now with my game and tailgate tickets in hand. Can't wait!