Is there a possible pass rush on the Bills 2011 roster?

I think Wilson's "20 plus mental errors" comment (whether it was his intention or not) implicated the young starting DBs, Searcy and Williams, and the coaching staff.

It'll be interesting to see if the Bills pass defense can improve without improvement in the pass rush.

Youngsters. Thats what we got. George said it and i also took notice when he was quoted about errors. We looked pretty good for that many mistakes. These kids will get the hang of it with great guys mentoring them like Wilson and Barnett Flo etc.

I do not expect to see anything like Washington game to occur again anytime soon, an anomaly. But that was a fun game !

If we cannot scheme better pass rush we shall have none, in response to OP. Not this year.

The Toronto mystery. After being AWOL all season, the Bills tore into Toronto and absolutely scalped the Washington OL.

Who were those guys? They haven't been seen since.

I get it that we lack a Ware or Von Miller. But they did manage - once.

With the proper schemes, is there any way to at least bring back some rattle-the-QB-cage strong pressure?

(if your response is Bills suck, Chan sucks, fire Edwards - you're in the wrong thread. There's a place for you, down the hall, first left.

looking for some intelligent football discussion here).

Is called blitzing and it is something we are afraid to do against decent teams.

Are there any free agents this offseason we can sign? I know Nix isn't big on this but in this desperate of a situation, maybe he would look at it. I also strongly agree that we need a defensive guru.

Are there any free agents this offseason we can sign? I know Nix isn't big on this but in this desperate of a situation, maybe he would look at it. I also strongly agree that we need a defensive guru.

Just did a little research myself. It looks like Robert Mathis, Mario Williams, Matt Roth and Kroy Biermann are DEs listed in the top 50 2012 free agents. There were no OLBs on the list.

Today watching the OL face Jason Jones will be a good show. A 3-4 front might give us trouble with a young ling.

Just did a little research myself. It looks like Robert Mathis, Mario Williams, Matt Roth and Kroy Biermann are DEs listed in the top 50 2012 free agents. There were no OLBs on the list.

Three guys worth looking at that fit our mold:

Cliff Avril (DE-Det), pass rushing speedster that Detroit may let skip through the cracks.

Anthony Spencer (OLB-Dal), a run stopping LB that has not fully blossomed like some hoped that is able to get pressure on the QB.

Dan Connor (LB-Car), a guy that might not be a starter, a guy that might not make the field all the time but depth at LB we desperately need who will come cheap.

In a word, no. Who would you say our best pass rusher is? Moats, Kelsey? On most teams, Kelsey would probably be taken OFF the field on passing downs. Whoever our best pass rusher is, I guarantee you that 31 other teams have a better one. Most of them would have three or four better rushers than whoever our best guy is.

You're right. Looking at all snaps, The Bills have ZERO 3-4 OLB's in the top 57 (Barnett is the 22nd rated 4-3OLB). MIA has 5, NYJ has 3 in the Top 25 (Maybin, Pace, McIntyre) and 5 overall. NEP has 3 (Mayo, Ninkovich, Guyton).

In the 3-4DE department, the Bills have ZERO in the top 63. MIA has 7, NYJ has 6.

In the 4-3DE department, NEP's Anderson and Carter are #14 and #22 respectively.

The Bills have:

#37 Kelsay

#46 Moats

#50 Eddins

#57 Coleman

#83 Batten

#92 Merriman

#98 Carrington

#106 S Johnson (who is our best DE at run defense at #37).

Astro

Still really wish we had drafted Ngata and Orakpo over Whitner and Maybin. I can honestly say that at the time of the Bills picks, I was saying these were the guys I wanted. This isn't some hindsight is 20/20, Monday morning quarterback claim. I said this at the time of the picks. Sometimes I feel like GMs and coaches are too close to a situation where they can't see the forest for the trees. A reasonable fan with decent football accumen could see both Orakpo and Ngata were superior players. Now, they didn't fit our Tampa 2 defense which I hated the entire time we had it. I must say, despite our defense being completely inadequate the past 2 years, I like the change in scheme we have made. I have always been a fan of the type of scheme we had when Wade and Teddy Cottrel were running the D; having Pat Williams and Ted Washington type guys up front; not John McCargos who are supposed to be small and fast. I like the Pittsburgh mentality and scheme; a team you will likely never see go small and fast. I would like to see us have another heavily defensive draft this year and a change in leadership on the defensive side of the ball. I think personnell wise for a Buffalo team, we are making the right transition under Nix though; probably not a popular opinion on here. We need a 3-4 guru on the defensive side of the ball; wishful thinking in Buffalo. We'll see if Chan is loyal to a fault to his staff, or if he can see the forest for the trees this offseason and make a change on "D".