Somebody needs to be held accountable

And life in the system is a normal one?

Keep in mind the system was not intended for life.

I work with a young woman (27) who had her first child and was married at 19. Govt housing provided her with a clean, reasonably spacious 2 bedroom apartment when they would have otherwise had to scrape to afford a run-down studio in a crappy neighborhood. "The system" also provided formula, some diapers and food stamps for groceries. It enabled her husband to get his CDL and her to get into college and get her BS in biology. She's been working for over 4 years and they now own a modest home with 2 normal kids. They've been out of the system for about 6 years.

She is not a liberal but will always be grateful for the system enabling them to get on their feet.

It can work.

Incidents like these make me amazed at people who are opposed to abortion and birth control. Most abortions happen in low-income, unemployed "families"- often single mothers- and those kids end up going nowhere. Abortion is, unfortunately but effectively, population control for the children of degenerates.

Isn't there a big push to defund Planned Parenthood? Why don't we make birth control free, and the BC that is the patch or implanted type.

Abstinance doesn't work really well, even though I believe it is the most Noble of encouraged methods.....

Isn't there a big push to defund Planned Parenthood? Why don't we make birth control free, and the BC that is the patch or implanted type.

Abstinance doesn't work really well, even though I believe it is the most Noble of encouraged methods.....

No, abstinence works really, REALLY well as birth control. It's "promoting abstinence" that doesn't work.

Birth control will never be free. At most it will be publicly funded...and it will never be publicly funded, because even otherwise sane people go full retard at the thought that "Government is promoting sex by making it risk-free!"

The welfare system was set up to help people get back on their feet with temporary help. It was not intended to support you for life. I knew someone who had two kids and was on welfare long enough to get some education and support her kids. She graduated and got a good paying job. It wasn't set up to be your job and you get a raise for every kid you have.

And that woman had 15 kids and only 37? Hope she had some twins or she gave birth at 12 and every year after that. The father of 10 of the kids was still only called her fiance? He's now in jail.

Edited by manateefan

No, abstinence works really, REALLY well as birth control. It's "promoting abstinence" that doesn't work.

Birth control will never be free. At most it will be publicly funded...and it will never be publicly funded, because even otherwise sane people go full retard at the thought that "Government is promoting sex by making it risk-free!"

Yes, I call this the Feminazi-Beck effect.

On the one hand, you have Feminists demanding both sexual "freedom" to control their own bodies, and, the "freedom" from paying for the consequences if they chose not to control their own bodies properly...at the same time. :wallbash: So basically it's the "I can do whatever I want with my body, but am not accountable for it, and you have to pay for the stupid choices I make" plan.

One the other hand, you have the Glenn Beck crowd demanding both that kids be taught nothing about sex but that "they're not allowed", and, screaming and crying when this willfully imposed ignorance produces a 36 year old with 10+ kids...at the same time. :wallbash: So basically it's "don't tell them anything, and then complain when they are clueless".

When these two reagents are combined, we end up with gallons of assclownery. The only reactant in this process is my patience. Which is rapidly consumed every time this issue comes up.

Perhaps it's time to tell women that their bodies are like owning a car: You can have all the control in the world, provided you accept all the responsibility that comes with it, and we, as fellow drivers, have a right to free ourselves from the consequences of your inability to control your body.

I am unsure about this, of course, but it seems like something needs to be done, and we can't continue to listen to Beck/Feminazis on this issue, as both are clowns.