A Interesting Question For Bills Fans ???

T master

I just got through reading an article that got me to thinking about a few things & ultimately got me wondering what the rest of Bills nation might think .

Now that we have a Offensive minded coach that works very close with our QB which has been apparent with seeing Gailey & Fitz relationship grow since last season & i've heard if we could merge 2 QB's in the Bills past & present the one i am about to talk about & our now QB were the 2 they talked about merging !!! So I was wondering 0:) ???

Not so long ago we took a QB with the #22 pick over all in the first round of the draft , he had a good arm & the one full season that he started for the Bills his stats went like this --- 268 of 429 for 3051 yds , 19 Td's & 14 int's . which wasn't terrible . His Name is JP Losman which now plays for the Fins !!

When he first came to the the Bills i was excited !! I thought we had a guy that was going to come in & light up the air with a down field passing game like we hadn't seen in a while in Buffalo & in some ways he did , that was also Lee Evans best year , but we all know what happened . With all the change that went on it was nearly impossible for the guy to settle in in any way, shape, or form .

Here's my question , with Gailey at the helm , how do you think Losman would have done if he had the same opportunities that Fitz has had with Gailey being his coach ?? The guy could launch the ball down field 60 yds NP & i for one think with the right coach tutoring him as Chan does with his QB's i think JP would have been a much better QB .

Every year he was here the offensive scheme changed , the coach would pull him , then put him in , then pull him , then another change of scheme , it must have been a :censored: not only to learn but your confidence being a young player had to suffer .

Another question would you all ever consider him as a back up over T. Thigpen or others if it ever happened (which that i doubt that would ever ever happen !!)

Well like i said after reading that article & the reporter said when asked about the Bills the week of the game JP had a kind of twinkle in his eye & had good things he remembered about the Bills & Buffalo . I know he probably wishes things would have worked out differently & it got me thinking of all of the above .

Plus i just read another post that said they wish they could put Fitz brain with his decision making in JP's body with his arm & scramble ability . :o

So there you go Bills fans what do you think ?? Call me what you must , but i think in a different situation the guy MIGHT have had a chance to do better . READY GO !!!!!! :w00t:

Edited by T master

Here's my question , with Gailey at the helm , how do you think Losman would have done if he had the same opportunities that Fitz has had with Gailey being his coach ?? The guy could launch the ball down field 60 yds NP & i for one think with the right coach tutoring him as Chan does with his QB's i think JP would have been a much better QB .

"Does JP have the mental aptitude to succeed in the NFL?" might be a better question. You have a point about him maybe not getting the fairest shake. But really I don't think he ever showed any good pocket presence or ability to read opposing defenses. So how would he have fit in under one of Gailey's schemes where a QB seems to at least be required to make a quick read / decision and then get rid of the ball?

JP had the physical tools. But then the NFL has seen lots of strong armed athletic QBs who never made it.

I'll say this, he was better than Trent. I don't know how he would've faired, to be honest I never thought he was all that awful I just didn't like his attitude nor his high pitched voice. And yeah, the coaching changes definitely didn't help. But we drafted a QB in the first round and didn't build around HIM. Fitz didn't just turn into Fitz overnight, look at his stats elsewhere, he never was an awful QB. Granted he's done better in Buffalo than other places but I would contribute that more to the opportunities he was given here. Right now, Fitz is the only QB I want in Buffalo, unless RG3 comes out...

I wasn't going to say anything then when I thought about it,I got riled up.

This BS about Lossman has got to stop,its just so dumb and wrong.

Never in the history of Buffalo Bills has a QB been given so much personal attention and coaching.Never has any been given the chances.

Buffalo even hired a coach whose only job was to work with not only his skill set but also with his mental attitude.That was a first and maybe also a last.

As I said never in the history has Buffalo tried so hard to bring a QB around and what happened,he failed.

Now I'm no fan of Thigpen but I would never ever think about replacing him with Lossman.

Not only is that stupid its also crazy.

This team continues to ruin QB's again and again, year after year, and I think it will be no different under Gailey!

Gailey has had 2 drafts now to improve the O line and he hasn't done it. He is content to try and make a line up piecemeal out of cast offs from other teams aside from Wood & Levitre. Just like all the head coaches before him since Marv and Polian. Every year Bell is injured, not serious enough to land on IR but enough to miss 1/2 the season, wtf good is a player who can't stay healthy?

JP Losman had a semblance of a decent O line with Derrick Dockery at G, Jason Peters at LT and Langston Walker at RT. The problem was at Center position, players who were bums and castoffs, the line never solidified and Peters became upset as he was the the only all pro and least highest paid player on the line.So they trade away Peters, cut Walker & Dockery and start all over to try and rebuilding it.

The problem with Losman was that he had several QB coaches, several OC's, different head coaches and different systems to learn. Meanwhile brainiac Jauron kept pulling him in and out of games which ruined his confidence. Just a crap way to develop a young QB. Edwards was the result of what happens when the team changes O line coaches and protections fail. Concussed at least 4 times that I'm aware of, and probably thrown back into the game to soon and took another concussion. Very fast release and studied under the WCO, so what do the Bills do force him to try and adapt into a crappy Mike Martz scheme. Lately Martz has had to change his own scheme to help keep Jay Cutler from getting killed as he has been the most sacked QB in the league since he was hired as OC in Chicago!