Second String (Not The Movie)

HuSeYiN1978

After watching the movie second string and seeing what happened to the starters as far as food poisoning and having the second string players come in and play i couldn't help but think it's almost like the movie this year... We absolutely have no starters left on the team... We've had injuries in the past but i dont think it was this bad as far as importance of the position and importance of the player that went down goes... Most of you might disagree but i feel like after Shawne Merriman went down is when things started looking bad... I really love Merriman as a player. Even though he didn't have stats he caused alot of pressure and double teams which was the reason for our db's having all those interceptions in the beginning of the year... We definitely need to draft a player of his caliber if we're to become a good defense and as far as our offense not being in sync, i have no answers there... I think maybe after 5 weeks of screen passes and slant passes teams started realizing we can't throw down the field... IDK...

After watching the movie second string and seeing what happened to the starters as far as food poisoning and having the second string players come in and play i couldn't help but think it's almost like the movie this year... We absolutely have no starters left on the team... We've had injuries in the past but i dont think it was this bad as far as importance of the position and importance of the player that went down goes... Most of you might disagree but i feel like after Shawne Merriman went down is when things started looking bad... I really love Merriman as a player. Even though he didn't have stats he caused alot of pressure and double teams which was the reason for our db's having all those interceptions in the beginning of the year... We definitely need to draft a player of his caliber if we're to become a good defense and as far as our offense not being in sync, i have no answers there... I think maybe after 5 weeks of screen passes and slant passes teams started realizing we can't throw down the field... IDK...

we have plenty of second string players...we have no starters

Wow a fan that finally has a clue about our team that's something different !!! If you go around to most of the other posts & do some reading of the replies "it's Nix fault & we need to get rid of him cause he doesn't know what he's doing" or Gailey went from megamind to Failey !!

It has nothing to do with the fact that either Gailey or Nix admitted that the one thing or the biggest thing our team lacks is depth has nothing to do with it !!! Evenafter they told us as much HELLO !!!!

But you hit it on the head when Merriman went down that was the first domino & the pass rush threar went to Dareus & Williams of which Williams wasn't 100% then when he went down & we needed to depend on that depth that Nix & Gailey TOLD US we didn't have that was the second domino & so on & so on .

But you can't get the so called Bills fans on this sight to see the forest for the trees or get past there selective hereing that they turn on so they can't here there wives & have forgotten to shut it off so when they listen to things about the team they here what people say .

But it's refreshing to here some new fans like you that can at least see what is really going on and doesn't get on the fire , hate & incompetent band wagon !!!!

Wow a fan that finally has a clue about our team that's something different !!! If you go around to most of the other posts & do some reading of the replies "it's Nix fault & we need to get rid of him cause he doesn't know what he's doing" or Gailey went from megamind to Failey !!

It has nothing to do with the fact that either Gailey or Nix admitted that the one thing or the biggest thing our team lacks is depth has nothing to do with it !!! Evenafter they told us as much HELLO !!!!

But you hit it on the head when Merriman went down that was the first domino & the pass rush threar went to Dareus & Williams of which Williams wasn't 100% then when he went down & we needed to depend on that depth that Nix & Gailey TOLD US we didn't have that was the second domino & so on & so on .

But you can't get the so called Bills fans on this sight to see the forest for the trees or get past there selective hereing that they turn on so they can't here there wives & have forgotten to shut it off so when they listen to things about the team they here what people say .

But it's refreshing to here some new fans like you that can at least see what is really going on and doesn't get on the fire , hate & incompetent band wagon !!!!

I appreciate your compliment but just to be technical, im not a "new" fan... I'm sure you meant new to the website but we're definitely on the same page as far as why we think our team has failed... The sad part is that coaching DOES have alot to do with our demise... Why is it that when Jabari Greer leaves Buffalo he becomes a "starter" on another team? Same goes for Jim Leonhard... Those two names are actually considered superstars as far as the league is concerned... Why is it that the Bills couldn't give them more of a starting role instead of backup? How did we ever let go of Pat Williams? How could we let go of Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield? These are all players we let go either 3 years ago and beyond and they're still in the league... Imagine if we had Pat Williams next to Dareus and Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements as our corners... Our defense would have and should have been sick for a long time but yet we always rank in the bottom of the league... I'll admit our offense has pretty much always been bad and the only finger we could point at is the O-line not being good... Fitz is definitely not a Hall of Famer but i'm sure if we gave the guy some time to sit in the pocket he can find somebody open... Worst case scenario he can alwayz run with the ball... All i know is that we don't know how to start talent (example : Kamar Aiken should have been in the 53 man roster in the beginning of the season in my opinion) but guys like him and Jabari Greer and Jim leanord either are put in the practice squad where they can't develop or on special teams... I loved Jon Corto... Where is he now? Everyone that provides spark for us we just let go... IDK man... It's as frustrating a year as any with us... I wanna give up but i can't which is why it just keeps hurting..........

... Why is it that when Jabari Greer leaves Buffalo he becomes a "starter" on another team? Same goes for Jim Leonhard... Those two names are actually considered superstars as far as the league is concerned... Why is it that the Bills couldn't give them more of a starting role instead of backup? How did we ever let go of Pat Williams? How could we let go of Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield? These are all players we let go either 3 years ago and beyond and they're still in the league... Imagine if we had Pat Williams next to Dareus and Antoine Winfield and Nate Clements as our corners...

It's called Free Agency and it happens every year. I'm sure the Bills would have liked to have kept all of those guys. but when one of your good players goes up for FA, other teams seek them and offer big money for them. Think about Poz this year and the ridiculous contract Jacksonville gave him. Similar thing happened to some of the other guys on your list.

But I do agree with you. We need to re sign our good guys. Buddy says he's going to do that. We'll see. But, you can't just sign your good guys, you also have to bring in more every year.

It's called Free Agency and it happens every year. I'm sure the Bills would have liked to have kept all of those guys. but when one of your good players goes up for FA, other teams seek them and offer big money for them. Think about Poz this year and the ridiculous contract Jacksonville gave him. Similar thing happened to some of the other guys on your list.

But I do agree with you. We need to re sign our good guys. Buddy says he's going to do that. We'll see. But, you can't just sign your good guys, you also have to bring in more every year.

Ok free agency is free agency... But we knew most of those guys were good to great players before they reached free agency... Why not extend their contract before they became free agents? Why not give them the money before they had a chance to explore and hear other options... Players usually hate coming to Buffalo cuz of the weather but once they're here and see and can feel the fan base they love it and wanna stay... So why not extend their contract? Like i said IDK... It just sucks is what i know for sure...