If Spiller fails this week...

I think he's going to be great over the last six weeks. The only reason he's not on the field is because Jackson beat him out. Fred was having an OJ/Thurman type season, which puts him in some elite company.

CJ has done what the team has asked him to do. I think he's looked fine in limited action. Let him touch the ball 20-25 times a game and he'll start breaking a few long ones.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have visions of Spiller at the goaline folding like a tent last week. I cannot believe this is the same guy that I watched dominate in college. He looks like he's lost all confidence. If he has a poor performance this week against the Jets (17th rush D), I think he's well on his way to being a bust. There is to much on the line for him and the Bills. I want to see the #9 pick take this game over and prove to Gailey and the brain-trust at OBD that they MUST make room for him in the backfield regardless of how well FJax has been playing.

1) a lot of folks havent been waiting to call Spiller a bust, so why should this week be any different? I'm sure if he has less than stellar performance, the bust-calling will continue

2) the goal line play last week was pathetic. Freddie, Corey McIntyre, even Fitz probably get that one in. I will be seriously annoyed if I see that kind of lackluster effort from Spiller, ever again.

3) in case it's escaped anyone's notice, we are playing with a patched-together OL and without our best OLman (key position).

It's hard to be a skill-type running back without skilled blocking in front of you. I also have serious questions about the play design and play calling.

I don't think too many valid additional conclusions about Spiller's bustiness can be drawn if he fails to have a break out game, especially if we continue down the "league has our number and it's 8675309" trend of recent weeks playcalling

I think he's going to be great over the last six weeks. The only reason he's not on the field is because Jackson beat him out. Fred was having an OJ/Thurman type season, which puts him in some elite company.

CJ has done what the team has asked him to do. I think he's looked fine in limited action. Let him touch the ball 20-25 times a game and he'll start breaking a few long ones.

I'm hoping CJ will do to the Jets what Roland Hooks did to the Patriots in 1977 a week after the Bills were blown out 56-7 by Seattle and OJ was injured and done for the year. Hooks ran for over 200 yards and beat the upstart Patriots in eloquently simple Schaeffer/Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium. This place made Rich/Bills/Ralph Wilson Stadium look like "JerryWorld" in Arlington TX.

Edited by DFITZ1

I just noticed that CJ has no legs left. He is traveling from East to West every week playing on two teams. One with the 49ers and the other with the Bills. The irony is one on Offense and the other on Defense. No wonder he is having a hard time adjusting!

Go CJ Spillman???

21 carries for 115 yards and a TD this year. Why is it that everyone wants to call him a bust before he's even had an opportunity? Last year he was tentative and did NOT look good. From the limited amount we've seen this year, I'm definitely willing to hope he continues averaging over 5 yards a carry.

NICE! hard to B word about 5 yards a carry!! shouldnt really judge him this year too much either even Freddie had a hard time lately. I dont know why people are ready to get rid of him hes hardly even played!

• 5 weeks later...

I don't need to see 25 att for 150 and 3 tds. I need to see a guy who uses his speed and vision to make plays. I need to see a guy make a move in the open field and is decisive. I need to see a RB who runs with conviction not folds when a hole the size of Nix's mouth opens up in front of him.

Hope youve been watching!!

I guess you guys didn't read through this thread.

"I'm not on a Bills message board because I am not a fan. I watched CJ play a bunch in college. I remember screaming at the television when Tommy Bowden gave him 8 carries against Bama in the opener 4 years ago. He was a tremendous talent in college. I want to see him revert back to that college form. I don't care what his yardage total is or how many TD's he scores. I want to see explosiveness and decisiveness. I want to see a guy who will leave Chan no choice but to gt him the ball next year."

maybe you missed this one too.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/137094-cj-spiller/page__p__2283442__fromsearch__1#entry2283442