Fitz is the only qb I want in Buffalo-lamp

i'm a huge fitzy fan, and i am extremely happy that he signed the big deal for a few years. i also love fred jackson and kyle williams. i like levitre and wood quite a bit, and from what i've seen of dareus, he's a keeper too. these all seem to be talented guys that are assets to the team and community. we get a couple more of these guys and keep them healthy, and we've got ourselves a contender. so yeah, i think fitzpatrick is absolutely the right guy for the job. he's not a hall of famer, but i think he sees the overall big picture and is on board with it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a huge fitzy fan, and i am extremely happy that he signed the big deal for a few years. i also love fred jackson and kyle williams. i like levitre and wood quite a bit, and from what i've seen of dareus, he's a keeper too. these all seem to be talented guys that are assets to the team and community. we get a couple more of these guys and keep them healthy, and we've got ourselves a contender. so yeah, i think fitzpatrick is absolutely the right guy for the job. he's not a hall of famer, but i think he sees the overall big picture and is on board with it.

I think T.Edwards and Losman saw the picture too and they were on board. But they couldn't QB. F$tz makes the same poor decisions. At least he tries to throw down field though. Too bad its to the receiver who is quadrupedal covered. I'm not a F$tz fan, never have been. I think i was more pissed when they signed him in free agency then when they signed Thigpen. He will be a good back up once the Bills draft the future QB though. His noodle arm keeps him from being any good.

I think T.Edwards and Losman saw the picture too and they were on board. But they couldn't QB. F$tz makes the same poor decisions. At least he tries to throw down field though. Too bad its to the receiver who is quadrupedal covered. I'm not a F$tz fan, never have been. I think i was more pissed when they signed him in free agency then when they signed Thigpen. He will be a good back up once the Bills draft the future QB though. His noodle arm keeps him from being any good.

seems to me that fitz has a much better understanding of the game than losman and a lot more passion and moxy than edwards. having said that, i don't know as if he has anywhere near the physical tools of either of them. but i have always said that this guy plays the position like i want my qb to play it. also, i think that the injuries all around him are making are very signifigant. fitz has proven that with good game planning and healthy talent around him, he can rack up some "W"s.

Firt of all you're not being fair. Our oline has been changed and been destroyed by injuries. our receivers have also gone in and out.

Put peyton or rodgers in this line up 2011 and they will struggle too. Will they put better numbers than fitz. Sure, I'll give you that. But not by much. Our online is too messed up. Even rodgers can be sacked. He had a season in 08 or 09 where he gave up 50+sacks.

It isn't about being fair? Fitz has made so many mistakes where the O-Line was fine, in fact at least up until a few weeks ago he was the least sacked QB in the NFL (not sure where he stands now but I am sure it is still towards the top). The O-Line held fine on that last play on the first drive against Miami where Fitz threw a terrible pass. They were fine at the end of the Giants game where Fitz underthrew a wide open receiver and single handedly gave the game away. I like Fitz, but he is no where near a franchise quarterback and in no way a top 5 starter, maybe a top 25 at best. If we had Peyton or Rodgers we would still be tied for first place as we would have won the Bengal and Giant games, no doubt.

Without a legitimate deep threat, Fitz is handcuffed with average to below average receivers, the exception being Chandler.

Fitz cannot consistently throw accurately deep. That 3/4 sidearm delivery means he has to throw it as hard as he can to get it 15 yards on a line and that makes him inaccurate deep. That's why he throws so many WTF passes. Deep threats are irrelevant with Fitz at QB which I believe is one reason the Bills traded Evans away.

It isn't about being fair? Fitz has made so many mistakes where the O-Line was fine, in fact at least up until a few weeks ago he was the least sacked QB in the NFL (not sure where he stands now but I am sure it is still towards the top). The O-Line held fine on that last play on the first drive against Miami where Fitz threw a terrible pass. They were fine at the end of the Giants game where Fitz underthrew a wide open receiver and single handedly gave the game away. I like Fitz, but he is no where near a franchise quarterback and in no way a top 5 starter, maybe a top 25 at best. If we had Peyton or Rodgers we would still be tied for first place as we would have won the Bengal and Giant games, no doubt.

Hard to argue with this. I like Fitz, and I believe his value is based more on his ability to read defenses and get rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less when he has to (which is most of the time). It takes a long time for a QB to be able to do that with any effectiveness. Brohm couldn't do it when he came in last year, and Thigpen couldn't do it when he had to either.

I was mad when he threw that second interception in the Giants game, and I find it hard to be too enthusiastic about him after that game. I believe he is the least of the team's worries now, and will be fine for a middle of the pack team for the next couple of years. I hope they try to get a long term prospect in another year or so, because I believe Fitz has peaked, and that he isn't likely to get the team too far into the playoffs even when the rest of the pieces are in place.

compared to edwards, jp, rob j, FITZ IS A HALL OF FAMER. TO ME, in my mind.

i had a discussion with a coworker. he kept telling me that i excuse fitz for his play.

at the end of the day, i admitted, maybe i do let him slide a little and i give him a break with regards to criticism.

i just remember the old days when once i saw the top 3 exbills qbs, i knew we would lose. we would be down 0-3, i knew we would lose.

fitz gives me hope even when we are down by many points.

anyway Im just a fan. i want the team to build around him. am in the only guy out there with the same thought??

Fitz is by far the best of the bunch, although RJ had a good arm and he was not afraid to run for a 1st down. He was just too injury prone and sackable. Checkdown and JP? Fitz is a mile ahead of either of those guys..

Fitz cannot consistently throw accurately deep. That 3/4 sidearm delivery means he has to throw it as hard as he can to get it 15 yards on a line and that makes him inaccurate deep. That's why he throws so many WTF passes. Deep threats are irrelevant with Fitz at QB which I believe is one reason the Bills traded Evans away.

Accurate or not, without a deep threat to keep the D honest, the passing game is one dimensional with B list receivers.

Accurate or not, without a deep threat to keep the D honest, the passing game is one dimensional with B list receivers.

Think about it. If Don Bebee was on this roster, he'd be the #1 receiver . . .

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

A deep threat without a QB that can deliver it deep is no threat.

Simply having a deep threat is not going to make defenses play off the line enough to let Fitz play his short game.

They simply are one dimensional.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The gig is up. Chan put Fitz in a position to succeed, but now the opposition has made the necessary adjustments. Chan, and Fitz, cannot counter with a different scheme because Fitz lacks the required physical skill set to make the necessary throws. "Smoke and mirrors" as Chan himself has said, meaning not enuf substance. Bills will draft a QB in round one if someone they like is there when they pick.

A deep threat without a QB that can deliver it deep is no threat.

Simply having a deep threat is not going to make defenses play off the line enough to let Fitz play his short game.

They simply are one dimensional.

WTH are you talking about? Are you saying Fitz can't throw the ball at least 30 yards? That's certainly deep enough to keep defenses a lot more honest than they are now.

The passing offense is one dimensional because there is no receiver that can get consistent separation past 15-20 yards unless there is a defensive mistake. Fitz has more than enough arm to lay a pass out there for a receiver to go and get. The receivers can't outrun the DB's past 15 yards, period. None of 'em. It wouldn't matter if Drew Rodgersmanning was behind center.

compared to edwards, jp, rob j, FITZ IS A HALL OF FAMER. TO ME, in my mind.

i had a discussion with a coworker. he kept telling me that i excuse fitz for his play.

at the end of the day, i admitted, maybe i do let him slide a little and i give him a break with regards to criticism.

i just remember the old days when once i saw the top 3 exbills qbs, i knew we would lose. we would be down 0-3, i knew we would lose.

fitz gives me hope even when we are down by many points.

anyway Im just a fan. i want the team to build around him. am in the only guy out there with the same thought??

Nope I think Fitz is a winning QB and he deserves the contract. Now we just need some more key players for him to work with

FITZ is not a super star. He's a risk taker who looks good when it works out and a buffoon when it doesnot. Just look at hte last 3 weeks for his TD to INT ratio. :bag:

Yeah except most of those ints are from his receivers inability to catch and deflecting the ball up in the air! definetly not his fault

I strongly suspect you and I both have spent more time watching Fitz than Warner has.

What does Warner rate Fitz now? My opinion does not change based on the last couple games like most of the talking heads do.

Bolded: Uhhhh OK. If you say so. So out of all of these guys you only think 4 of them (at most) are better than Fitz.

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rapelisberger

Rivers

Vick

Ryan

E. Manning

Flacco

I respect you for sticking up for players on your team, but top 5?

Definetly top 5 out of that list!! rodgers 72.9%, Brees 70.9%, Brady 66.1%, oh and wait for it....... Fitz at 65.3% completion percentages on NFL.com everyone else is below that. Then take a look at the receivers those QBs have to throw to compared to Fitz.

Edited by cjbill69

Yeah except most of those ints are from his receivers inability to catch and deflecting the ball up in the air! definetly not his fault

I'm not looking to bash Fitz at all...But "most" of those INT's were not deflections...A couple were, and still more were ill-advised Passes...The one that was the most catchable was the Nelson INT last week...That ball should have been caught...Problem was it was 2 yards short of the 1st down anyway...

Let's not get carried away here...Fitz is as much to blame as any single player for the Bills slide...And I'm not in favor of getting rid of the guy or anything like that...The only person more responsible for the Bills woes than any single Player is that idiot DC Edwards...But I'm not going to glorify Fitz here...He's played poorly, and I'll bet you he'll be the first one to tell you that... B-)

Nope I think Fitz is a winning QB and he deserves the contract. Now we just need some more key players for him to work with

Definetly top 5 out of that list!! rodgers 72.9%, Brees 70.9%, Brady 66.1%, oh and wait for it....... Fitz at 65.3% completion percentages on NFL.com everyone else is below that. Then take a look at the receivers those QBs have to throw to compared to Fitz.

If you had looked at the rest of that web page, say the far right QB rating, you would see Rodgers at 130.7, 9 other guys (#5 was 97), then Fitz at #11 with 87.4. Which actually is better than I would have guessed. But I think that QB rating calculation favors the short game that was successful for the Bills early in the season.

You need to have a top-10 quarterback to be successful in this league. The days of guys like Trent Dilfer leading teams to championship are over. Fitzpatrick is nowhere near that. Here's a list of guys in the league that I would put ahead of him. Feel free to disagree:

Brady

Schaub

Manning

Rivers

Palmer (Gulp)

Flacco

Roethlisberger

Dalton

Vick

E. Manning

Romo

Freeman

Brees

Newton

Ryan

Bradford

Rodgers

Cutler

Stafford

That is 19 ladies and gentlemen. The only one that is even a question on that list is Carson Palmer, but I really believe that he is a bit better than Fitzpatrick. Whether it's Barkley, Luck somehow, Griffin III, or someone else, we need to draft a quarterback in the first round or this team is going to be stuck in futility for another 5 years.

<br />Idk about building a team around Fitz.  Let's just build an f#$#$#in team.  I like Fitz, I like him a lot.  I like him in character and on the field.  But the Bills jumped the gun with this contract and if Fitz doesn't get it together...whether it's his fault or not....I can't see paying him all that money.  Fitz has a lot of potential but inconsistency doesn't work in the NFL, in any position.<br />
fitz has a great mind, can read the defense as good as anyone and has decent wheels...that's about all the "potential" I see in him. He has to put every ounce of his body into his throws in order to get good velocity on his throws. On top of that, he's usually jumping or back peddling when he throws, making it impossible. Not entirely his fault, as the Oline needs to block better.

<br />You need to have a top-10 quarterback to be successful in this league. The days of guys like Trent Dilfer leading teams to championship are over. Fitzpatrick is nowhere near that. Here's a list of guys in the league that I would put ahead of him. Feel free to disagree:<br /><br />Brady<br />Schaub<br />Manning<br />Rivers<br />Palmer (Gulp)<br />Flacco<br />Roethlisberger<br />Dalton<br />Vick<br />E. Manning<br />Romo<br />Freeman<br />Brees<br />Newton<br />Ryan<br />Bradford<br />Rodgers<br />Cutler<br />Stafford<br /><br />That is 19 ladies and gentlemen. The only one that is even a question on that list is Carson Palmer, but I really believe that he is a bit better than Fitzpatrick. Whether it's Barkley, Luck somehow, Griffin III, or someone else, we need to draft a quarterback in the first round or this team is going to be stuck in futility for another 5 years.<br />
I feel the same, I hope we land one of the 3 you mentioned, BUT you failed to put Alex smith on that list of 19.....and he's 9-2. Proving your statement false. Alex smith is nowhere near a top 10 qb and his team is VERY successful. What's Tim TEbows record this year? I hate to refute your argument, as I would be ecstatic if the ONLY we added this this year is a bonafide star QB, but teams CAN be successful without one. It's unlikely, but possible.