Hangartner and Evans

Webster Guy

Well I seem to remember that the last two seasons he averaged 2.8 receptions per game. And the fact of the matter is, he has done nothing this year to justify your post. I could see if he were tearing up the league, but he isn't. He's hurt and he's doing nothing. He was a one trick pony. And Hangartner was terrible.

If you think Hangartner was terrible, Levitre at OC yesterday barely surpassed the production of a fresh corpse. And this is coming from someone who thinks Levitre is an elite LG and serviceable LT.

2.8 receptions per game > Donald Jones' output this year. Just sayin'. And you cannot use what happened in Ravens games to forecast what would or would not have happened to Lee Evans had he stayed with the Bills. It doesn't wash.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

has evans played in a game yet this year. Draft picks are very valuable. The more you have the more chance you have to hit on 5th round picks like kyle williams or 4th round picks like hairston. Having a injured lee evans sitting on the sidelines in street clothes would have............

By the way handy sucks .

If you think Hangartner was terrible, Levitre at OC yesterday barely surpassed the production of a fresh corpse. And this is coming from someone who thinks Levitre is an elite LG and serviceable LT.

2.8 receptions per game > Donald Jones' output this year. Just sayin'. And you cannot use what happened in Ravens games to forecast what would or would not have happened to Lee Evans had he stayed with the Bills. It doesn't wash.

Lee evans is a broken down player, so yeah you can predict what was going to happen.

I think Chan made a mistake not using urbik , that will be corrected.

Unless you're going to suggest some cunning on the part of the front-office (i.e. they knew an injury was waiting to happen), this is just pure BS.

Sorry, man, if you saw that sh--show yesterday and think Evans wouldn't have been a more valuable contributor than Ruvell Martin or Brad Smith, please gimme some of what you're smoking. And no one thinks Hangman is better than Wood, we just think he would have been better as a backup C than moving our elite starting LG to OC where he cannot snap to save his life. These were stupid missteps that at best give us hope of paying our own players with some of that money next season.

Well said. I had to double check to see if I wrote this. Your points are right on!

Hartgarner was in a position to fight for a position in the preseason and he played log dog sh**, not to mention his contract was a high for a backup. Evans on the wrong side of 30 on a rebuilding team didn't wish to stay here. The right thing was to let them go. We now have an extra draft pick for Evans, not to mention hes only a deep threat and the Amish Awful cant throw a deep pass. Are we really debating this we where a bad team with these 2 in our offense and now we are saying that we would be good with them?

Ofcourse I agree with you. But my point is that proactively getting rid of players without knowing that their replacements are better, is stupid. At the time they traded Evans, cut Hang etc , what evidence was there that their replacements were better (even for Hang at the backup center/guard position). As an example - I could see the logic of trading Lynch - he was a time bomb with his off-field transgessions and FJax was doing well. Trent failed terribly and there was enough evidence on Fitz to say that he would be the better choice going forward.

Another way to look at it is that it is only a 16 game season. Making or missing the playoffs often comes down to tie-breakers in the NFL. How many games can a team that is trying to make the playoffs afford to lose just to save a bit of cash?

Actually, in 8 games, Jones has 23 receptions or 2.875 per game. Pretty much a wash. Just sayin'. And you cannot use what did not happen in Ravens games (Evans playing)to forecast what Lee Evans would have done if he had stayed with the Bills. It doesn't wash. And I reiterate, Hangartner sucks as a center. He is a serviceable guard, nothing more.

Edited by xsoldier54

Unless you're going to suggest some cunning on the part of the front-office (i.e. they knew an injury was waiting to happen), this is just pure BS.

But to suggest the opposite is pure genius? You can't have it both ways, man. This entire thread is an exercise in stupidity. A lot went wrong with the Bills the last 3 weeks. Not having Evans or Hangartner is not even on the top 10 list of reasons why. These are two players people wanted to run out of town because they were part of the "loser" regime. But now we wish we had them back? Not me.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The evans hero warship is mind boggling . It is like looking at a pam anderson playboy from the 90's and thinking she looks that way today. Evans had done little the last two season, there is no reason to think this year would be any different. In addition, he was not willing to run crossing routes, which is 90 percent of the routes the bills run . MOve on plesae .

Lee evans is a broken down player, so yeah you can predict what was going to happen.

Look at the number of games Lee Evans has missed over the last three years and get back to me. Also look up how many WRs are playing into their 30s. There are many.

But to suggest the opposite is pure genius? You can't have it both ways, man. This entire thread is an exercise in stupidity. A lot went wrong with the Bills the last 3 weeks. Not having Evans or Hangartner is not even on the top 10 list of reasons why. These are two players people wanted to run out of town because they were part of the "loser" regime. But now we wish we had them back? Not me.

PTR

The "part of the loser regime" statement doesn't wash because

1) many of us didn't think that - reaction to loss of both players was at least 50/50.

2) Moorman, George Wilson, Lindell, even Fitz and Fred Jackson have connections to the "loser" regime. Let's cut them!

I wish we had quality depth, any way, any how. If we mitigated the loss of two veterans with some pickups to match instead of bargain basement league-minimum guys who can't play, I would not be singing this song. Feel free to trump up Colin Brown, though. He hasn't played so he might yet be a world beater.

I am sure you know Ralph Wilson well enough to know his state of mind :wallbash:

No but i've been around enough people in their nineties to know that they struggle with clarity, they lose almost all of their short term memory, and they become easily confused. It's not a personal attack on the guy, just a fact of life.

Any decent corporation with a board of directors would have retired Ralph 20 years ago. There's a reason for that, and you're seeing it now....

You assume Evans would not be injured as a Bill. He went down after one game with the Ravens. Why would that not happen with the Bills. If anything Nix got some value for garbage.

PTR

Wow, your efforts to defend the spectacularly awful decisions by this front office never cease to amaze.

You assume Evans would not be injured as a Bill. He went down after one game with the Ravens. Why would that not happen with the Bills. If anything Nix got some value for garbage.

PTR

If Evans is garbage then most of our receiver corps is human waste. And how do you know he got value? They didn't make, I mean blow the pick yet. This regime has one pick that anyone with brains would bet a penny on being a star in two or three years, the rest of the two drafts they bombed, so why would you be confident they will hit on that 4th round pick?