Finished

26TrapDraw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got no problem w/ Fitz. He hasn't bailed out mentally, he doesn't pass the buck to others, he has the confidence of his coach.

I'm wondering how many other private sector businesses can "make their projections" with so many front line employees "out sick?" Look at it this way: Do we go to Wegman's to buy stale bread? Would we continue to patronize a gas station that sold contaminated gas? Will we continue to pay for a service that is no longer delivered? Then why, oh why, do we continue to patronize the Buffalo Bills? The product they sell is shoddy at best, as demonstrated over the past DECADE. They deceive us in more ways than one can recount; yet we support them with sentiment, memorabilia and cold hard cash. Now we should get behind a multi-million dollar upgrade of the factory where they manufacture and deliver a shoddy product?

Aretha Franklin said it best, "Who's zoomin' who?"

I hear you, but the injury bug this yr has been extreme. 3 of our top 4 receivers; our starting and back-up LTs, our 2 star defenders (kw and merriman). now our best olineman, best corner, and best offensive skill player are out. That's too much to overcome for any team, imo.

So it's just bad luck? Whew,for a minute I thought it was the team.

I'm wondering how many other private sector businesses can "make their projections" with so many front line employees "out sick?" Look at it this way: Do we go to Wegman's to buy stale bread? Would we continue to patronize a gas station that sold contaminated gas? Will we continue to pay for a service that is no longer delivered? Then why, oh why, do we continue to patronize the Buffalo Bills? The product they sell is shoddy at best, as demonstrated over the past DECADE. They deceive us in more ways than one can recount; yet we support them with sentiment, memorabilia and cold hard cash. Now we should get behind a multi-million dollar upgrade of the factory where they manufacture and deliver a shoddy product?

Why indeed? For me I guess it's the fact that I personally love misery and strive for it in every facet of my life...That's why I chose The Buffalo Bills as my Team 40 some-odd years ago...I knew they would deliver on the heartache I craved! ;)

Why indeed? For me I guess it's the fact that I personally love misery and strive for it in every facet of my life...That's why I chose The Buffalo Bills as my Team 40 some-odd years ago...I knew they would deliver on the heartache I craved! ;)

+1 Except I took it a step further, I am a Cubs fan too.

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

And even though what you say is accurate, you will get blasted-been there, done that. This whole organization is screwed up from top to bottom, starting at the very top. You will get people on this site though who think everything is great, every player we have is on the way to Canton, Ralph is the greatest owner in all of professional sports-because he didn't move the team, and we are improving-year after year (joke). I have tried for years to find positive, but year after year we get a bag of rocks (Charlie Brown Halloween reference).

What kind of depth are you expecting?

No team in the NFL could overcome the kind of injuries we have.

That is the most sorry ass excuse you can come up with. Football is a violent game, injuries happen-TO ALL TEAMS. Miami just opened up a can of Whoop-Ass on us, with a backup quarterback-the most important position on the field. Don't some of you ever get tired of making up excuses for this soup sandwich of a franchise?

That is the most sorry ass excuse you can come up with. Football is a violent game, injuries happen-TO ALL TEAMS. Miami just opened up a can of Whoop-Ass on us, with a backup quarterback-the most important position on the field. Don't some of you ever get tired of making up excuses for this soup sandwich of a franchise?

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't expect our "depth" to include star 5th string receivers, 3rd string LT's, and replacements to pro-bowl players.

I've been through hell and back as a fan of this team. Yet I find myself growing very weary of waiting for improvement. Yeah, we had some amazing games in the beginning but if you look back, they were really miracle comebacks. I continue to ask myself why I continue to follow a team that stabs me in the heart year after year.

I agree. I've been suffering most of the last 51 years. I hope I live long enough to see the Bills succeed. The best moment was winning the AFL championship in 1964 and the worst moment was January 27, 1991 at Super Bowl XXV when the damn kicker couldn't make a field goal. After 51 years I can only remember about 6 or 7 good seasons. This is the pathetic legacy of Ralph Wilson as owner. Until the Bills have a new owner, I don't think they will ever taste ultimate victory.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't expect our "depth" to include star 5th string receivers, 3rd string LT's, and replacements to pro-bowl players.

Look at those players who've been injured. Demetrius Bell has been injured every season of his short career, so I would think a personnel type would see that it's important to have a quality swing OT. And yet, their version was a 4th round rookie who clearly needs a lot of work physically.

The WR's? Beyond Johnson all of them are not physical. I'm not saying their WR group needs to be what GB has, but it's completely patchwork and again, not surprising that they've gone down with injuries. Roosevelt, Nelson, and Jones aren't the types who can take a lot of punishment.

And as for Merriman, any fan who considered him anything more than replacement level at this point in his career clearly has some coke bottle rose colored glasses on. He defines "damaged goods" and yet the GM looked the other way and pronounced him ready.

The loss of KW, Wood and FJ hurts. But beyond those injuries, there isn't one that people can cite as a huge loss.

Look at those players who've been injured. Demetrius Bell has been injured every season of his short career, so I would think a personnel type would see that it's important to have a quality swing OT. And yet, their version was a 4th round rookie who clearly needs a lot of work physically.

The WR's? Beyond Johnson all of them are not physical. I'm not saying their WR group needs to be what GB has, but it's completely patchwork and again, not surprising that they've gone down with injuries. Roosevelt, Nelson, and Jones aren't the types who can take a lot of punishment.

And as for Merriman, any fan who considered him anything more than replacement level at this point in his career clearly has some coke bottle rose colored glasses on. He defines "damaged goods" and yet the GM looked the other way and pronounced him ready.

The loss of KW, Wood and FJ hurts. But beyond those injuries, there isn't one that people can cite as a huge loss.

Agreed on Bell and Merriman--two high-risk players with no viable back-up plan.

But a lot of what this team does on offense stems from having 4-5 WR sets, and other than Parrish, none of our receivers strikes me as particularly whimpy. It's like the Packers losing Nelson, Driver, Jones, and now their equivalent of Namaan. They'd be a mess.

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

I agree with you ! Let's look at the bright side. Bills will be drafting in the top 10 again.....

Agreed on Bell and Merriman--two high-risk players with no viable back-up plan.

But a lot of what this team does on offense stems from having 4-5 WR sets, and other than Parrish, none of our receivers strikes me as particularly whimpy. It's like the Packers losing Nelson, Driver, Jones, and now their equivalent of Namaan. They'd be a mess.

Bell and Merriman happen to play 2 of the most important positions on a NFL team. And beyond them there was little answer, which speaks to the lack of basic organizational planning from that front office. Predictably, both players have missed a lot of time, forcing Buffalo to look to late round draft picks who are unproven. I guess RW's need for luck applies to the personnel department, because that's what Nix was depending on.

Nelson, Naaman Roosevelt, and Donald Jones are not the physical types. Nelson and Roosevelt are very thin and Jones is looking to be injury prone. Still, not one of those guys are proven NFL types and it shows when Fitzpatrick drops back.

Guys like Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones are all proven type receivers. Jennings is perhaps the game's best X (with Rodgers), Nelson is becoming a great Z, and Jones is probably the NFL's best third receiver. To even mention them alongside Johnson, Nelson, and Jones is way off the mark. Besides, Driver is 37 and while not what he used to be, is better than anything Buffalo has save for perhaps Johnson. It's a weak group nonetheless.

Been downhill since pats game. We're a measly 2 & 5 since. Win against Philly was a good hard fought game, win over skins wa a gift. People read too much into it because of 10 sacks and our first win I toronto. But hindsight being 20-20 i think we'll be able to loon back and say week 3 over pats was our "super bowl" this year.

The omen for me was bengals coach saying he was ok with their 1&2 start because they had bills next and they were confident they'd get the win. Out of character for him and odder still saying it about an undefeated team. But he was right they got the win. I believe he saw something then that showed we werent what the media was hyping us to be.

Been downhill since pats game. We're a measly 2 & 5 since. Win against Philly was a good hard fought game, win over skins wa a gift. People read too much into it because of 10 sacks and our first win I toronto. But hindsight being 20-20 i think we'll be able to loon back and say week 3 over pats was our "super bowl" this year.

The omen for me was bengals coach saying he was ok with their 1&2 start because they had bills next and they were confident they'd get the win. Out of character for him and odder still saying it about an undefeated team. But he was right they got the win. I believe he saw something then that showed we werent what the media was hyping us to be.

He saw what we all see: Wretched defense and no deep threat at WR.