The Most Transparent Administration Ever

3rdnlng

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1111/biden_hidin_e42e6930-e288-47d8-9a86-b6a3cca55b8a.html

If this administration stated that the stovetop was hot I'd probably touch it just because they never tell the truth.

Mayeb this is a better question-

Do you REALLY want transparancy? Do you really want to know the exent of the foolishness, waste and cronyism that goes on in DC? Do you really ever wnat to know hoe deep the rabbit holes goes?

Frankly, it sounds frightening.

Do you REALLY want transparancy? Do you really want to know the exent of the foolishness, waste and cronyism that goes on in DC? Do you really ever wnat to know hoe deep the rabbit holes goes?

I'm not naive enough to expect anything approaching total transparency but would hope that a little more sunshine might mitigate the foolishness.

The cronyism isn't as bad as most people think.

The waste and foolishness is beyond your darkest nightmares.

I think we have a pretty good idea already.

The bedrock of democracy is an open government so the citizens can vote according the actual needs. No transparency just means there is a permanent bureaucracy running around out there with no responsibility to the people they ostensibly exist for.

IMO if we have transparency, there would be less waste, corruption, illegal foreign operations, etc because the morality of the left and the fiscal responsibility of the right would have none of it.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1111/biden_hidin_e42e6930-e288-47d8-9a86-b6a3cca55b8a.html

If this administration stated that the stovetop was hot I'd probably touch it just because they never tell the truth.

If you read the update at the bottom, they note the meeting minutes will be posted online. Completely open? No. Completely closed off? No, as well. This seems like a non-issue. Are there better examples of non-transparency on a grander scale than previous administrations, or are we witness business as usual and a not-surprisingly broken campaign promise?

Edited by WilliamCody

I think we have a pretty good idea already.

The bedrock of democracy is an open government so the citizens can vote according the actual needs. No transparency just means there is a permanent bureaucracy running around out there with no responsibility to the people they ostensibly exist for.

IMO if we have transparency, there would be less waste, corruption, illegal foreign operations, etc because the morality of the left and the fiscal responsibility of the right would have none of it.

If you read the update at the bottom, they note the meeting minutes will be posted online. Completely open? No. Completely closed off? No, as well. This seems like a non-issue. Are there better examples of non-transparency on a grander scale than previous administrations, or are we witness business as usual and a not-surprisingly broken campaign promise?

ROFLMAO!!!! Love that you made it over Cody, cause I gotta luv your spin!!! Everyone, read the above, and tell me he isn't telling us that "everyone else did it too"??? Please???

Obama's administration has been worse on transparency than Bush's administration and that's saying something.

Maybe. But not by much.

There's also the possibility that this administration is merely perceived to not be transparent...because "transparency" requires something more substantial than "hope and change and it's Bush's fault" to actually see.

ROFLMAO!!!! Love that you made it over Cody, cause I gotta luv your spin!!! Everyone, read the above, and tell me he isn't telling us that "everyone else did it too"??? Please???

No, actually, I'm asking for other instances of this administration being non-transparent because the OP, it turns outs, missed the fact that they were posting the meeting minutes online. Then, I asked the question about other administrations so we could talk about whether or not this administration is more or less transparent than other administrations. Finally, I said it was perhaps not surprising that the campaign promise for more transparency was broken for, as another posting above notes, it is a pie-in-the-sky promise for a candidate to make, and another thing altogether for an actual president to realize. I'm not sure why you think you got me.

Stop trying to fool everyone, we all know you are gonna vote for Obama Again

it goes like this

Perry, Cain, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich vs Obama = Obama vote

Romney vs Obama = Third party vote

Paul, Huntsman vs Obama = Paul or Huntsman vote

Maybe. But not by much.

There's also the possibility that this administration is merely perceived to not be transparent...because "transparency" requires something more substantial than "hope and change and it's Bush's fault" to actually see.

This might have made sense when you thought it but it's one of the more incoherent things you have written.

Edited by ....lybob

No, actually, I'm asking for other instances of this administration being non-transparent because the OP, it turns outs, missed the fact that they were posting the meeting minutes online. Then, I asked the question about other administrations so we could talk about whether or not this administration is more or less transparent than other administrations. Finally, I said it was perhaps not surprising that the campaign promise for more transparency was broken for, as another posting above notes, it is a pie-in-the-sky promise for a candidate to make, and another thing altogether for an actual president to realize. I'm not sure why you think you got me.

So, when I posted I missed an update that most likely wasn't made when I copied the article? That's pretty much besides the point though. It's the lack of overall transparency (after claiming that they were going to be the most open and transparent administration ever) that is the issue. You have chosen to try and refute a larger tendency with an anectdotal example that may or may not have validity. I see which way you roll though, and already here you have shown yourself to not be very credible.

So, when I posted I missed an update that most likely wasn't made when I copied the article? That's pretty much besides the point though. It's the lack of overall transparency (after claiming that they were going to be the most open and transparent administration ever) that is the issue. You have chosen to try and refute a larger tendency with an anectdotal example that may or may not have validity. I see which way you roll though, and already here you have shown yourself to not be very credible.

Not faulting you at all, I realize that's likely what happened. And my second post was simply asking for other instances of the non-transparency of the administration so we could have a larger conversation that wasn't based on anecdotal examples. I am not refuting anything. I totally agree that this administration backed out of a promise to become more transparent. But I don't have any examples at hand to actually point to an instance where they could have been transparent and chose not to be. That's all I want, an actual example that we can discuss. Since you are the OP and trying to make this point, I think it is on you to find another concrete example to make your point since your original example did not work. Otherwise, the conversation will devolve into personal attacks like it is dangerous close to now. And I suppose I am "not very credible" because I ask that we center our discussion around actual examples rather than bashing things willy-nilly?

Edited by WilliamCody