10-6 and making the playoffs

Ozymandius

I'm no longer convinced 10-6 gets it done, especially with the tie-breaker situation we're in.

I'm no longer convinced we are capable of 10-6, given the rash of injuries to key players. It's not like we lost a couple of no-name guys . . .

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

One week a time. Seven weeks is too soon for playoff scenarios. One thing is certain, we control our own destiny, and if we win out we are the AFC east champs. Now we all know we aren't going 12-4, but I guarantee nobody here thought we would control our own destiny for the division 9 games into the season.

Right now, we hope that the shell shocked Jets after scoring only 16 against a pathetic banged up Pats D, now prepare for Tebow-mania on a short week and lose any usefulness of Revis Island in the process. If we beat the fish we come out at 6-4, hoping the Jets are 5-5, with Cincy or the Ravens dropping to 6-4. That's a better way to head into Thanksgiving than being 5-5, so let's just beat the Dolphins and realize we aren't as good as we thought at the top and not as bad as we think here at the bottom.

Although it would be cooler if we had our best O-Lineman and our best D-Lineman on the field instead of IR.

Go Bills!

I'm no longer convinced we are capable of 10-6, given the rash of injuries to key players. It's not like we lost a couple of no-name guys . . .

exactly...

not to pee in anyone's cheerios but this team could be done... teams have figured out how to shut down Fitz....the defense is a sieve

Unless Chris kelsay can return and get some pass rush AND Chan Gailey can figure out a new strategy other then short quick passes.... this team might not win another game ...Losing Eric Wood just might have put that last proverbial nail in

I would dearly love it to see them get to 10-6, but I'm not a dreamer, I'm a realist. I just don't see things getting better unless Nix can find some players to fill in and or players can return from injuries.

That may be right. Afterall, 10-6 teams are only 29-6, not 35-0 in making the playoffs. Maybe this will be another exception.

But as of right now, I think 10-6 still gets the job done. The playoff picture looks very crowded right now but the view could change drastically in a few weeks.

Would anyone really be surprise if the Ravens continue to lose games they "should" win, given how shaky Flacco and that offense is?

Would anyone really be surprised if the Bengals finish 9-7 or worse?

Isn't it possible the Jets faceplant a few more games after that devastating loss to New England and given how shaky Sanchez is?

All those things are very possible...but the other factor you need in that scenario is for the Bills to take care of their own business. I'm having a tough time looking at this team right now and thinking they can. The last two losses notwithstanding, it's a matter of injury, depth, and matchups...pretty much what a lot of folks here are saying. I don't trust the Bills at this point to win games like they did earlier in the season.

This post is one of the reasons I start my day reading TSW...I need a good laugh! Do you watch on Sunday, do you see the contrasts between the Bills players and their opponents, do you see other aspects of life around you with the same rose-colored glasses you seem to bring to this forum?

It appears to me that the Bills are journeymen players, working as hard as they can, but hampered by the same "ownership" philosophy that doomed the war in Vietnam--Fight just hard enough to stay afloat, but don't make the commitments needed to win. Oh, and deceive the public (fans) about the effort you're putting forth.

Playoffs?

Does anyone realize that two of our five best players are on IR.

Only 2? I can name 2 on the Offense alone. To me that seems low. I'd have thought that there were at least 5 key players out or on IR.

Since 10-6 is impossible, clearly you guys would wager $1000 to my $10 that the Bills don't reach 10 wins, right?

Why pass up a free $10?

Put your money where your mouth is.

And if the Bills lose to Miami... will you still be as confident?

The Bills will not sweep the Pats, and they do not stand a chance against the NYETS in 2 weeks unless the entire Bills team gets healthy and the NYETS lose half of the team to injury.

And if the Bills lose to Miami... will you still be as confident?

The Bills will not sweep the Pats, and they do not stand a chance against the NYETS in 2 weeks unless the entire Bills team gets healthy and the NYETS lose half of the team to injury.

I don't think you understand. I'm not confident at all and I sorta hate this franchise actually. I think we should've tanked the season for Luck.

BUT the point of this thread was to discuss the possibility of 10-6 and how we could get there and what it would mean for our playoff chances. I am no in no way predicting 10-6. Reading comprehension.

However, since you are soooooo confident that the Bills won't reach 10-6, you should wager $1000 to win $10 that they won't get there. I mean, why pass up a free $10? In this economy? That'd just be foolish.

REALLY hate to say it, but this year is likely over. They'll go 8-8 or maybe 9-7 and will again miss the playoffs. Good side is that this truly was a rebuilding year and not a farce like the past ten+ years. They have a good base and will be true contenders next season.

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins - W

11/27 @ New York Jets - L

12/04 Tennessee Titans - pick

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers - L

12/18 Miami Dolphins - W

12/24 Denver Broncos - W

1/01 @ New England Patriots - L

If they pick up the Titans win, they go 9-7 and will miss the playoffs again. Just dont see them winning anymore away games this season other than Miami. I dont think 10-6 will get them there either, so I think we're done for this year.

I think we are in the playoff picture, but certainly not favorites. We have to beat Miami and the Jets and maybe even the Patsies to do it though. I'd love to see this team get back on track and make a statement this year.

I'm still holding to nine wins as the key to a satisfactory season. I'd be delighted with ten or even eleven wins.

This Miami game will show me a lot. Miami will replicate what NYJ and Dallas did. I want to see Chan and the gang adjust to it successfully.

I feel the Bills will make the playoffs but it's going to be ugly, inconsistent and stressful in getting there. When your team is made up of misfit toys and young players, no one can expect a smooth, consistent run to the playoffs.

6-4 would be a good start..

Yea it would...

I just don't think you guys understand how badly messed up that O line currently is, or how much impact losing Eric Wood will have.

Fitz and Freddy can do a lot with very little and small holes, they can't do anything with no time and no holes.