Bills Biggest Weaknesses Against the Jets

Got_Wood

I am not gonna say that this was the turning point, and I really haven't heard many talking about this,

more about the pass interference dubious calls, but the bad spot by the linesman on the catch by, I think

Roosevelt, was a real killer. That was at a very critical juncture in the game, when it looked like the

Bills were going to make a real bid to get back in it.

Now I was watching on TV, and the yellow line that appears on the screen signifying the first down, was about

a half yard behind the next grid line, maybe the 20 or 25. So if the first down was the yellow line, and even if

it was off by a half yard or so, there is no question that from the angle that I saw, at least the nose and possibly

more of the football was over the next gridline stripe, and I am yelling "challenge, challenge", wasn't surprised at all

that Gailey did, and I fully expexted no overrule, for obvious reasons, but when that MF'er "guns" Hoculi goes over to the

hood and comes back in about 30 seconds and says the call stands, I was real close to tackling my big screen TV.

As a matter of fact, I don't think it took them very long to overule the Wilson Interception either. At least make it

look like you really looked at it it hard. Again, not saying that we would have won, and we should have been able to pick

up the first down anyway, but I think we would have seen a huge momentum swing had Buffalo gotten six on that drive.

Edited by Cookiemonster

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your comments. I don't mean to be as arrogant as it seems. I think the Jets were better in too many facets of the game for the Bills to handle them this week. I believe the Jets are good enough to go deep into the playoffs this year. When watching the game, it's too easy to have 20/20 hindsight and start thinking that the coaches are overlooking things that seem so obvious. Clearly there are reasons why they are coaches and I am a couch potato. Things like injury details, film study, and practices are things that most fans don't have access to, which makes it kind of foolish to try to second guess things that happen in the game. For example, I think Fitz may be hurting more than he is letting on.

I get ya. There are lots of variables that we fans don't know about. The game was teetering along for the first half, and I think it made the Bills play close to the vest. It might have been a very different game if the Jets had scored more early (like that first drive) because the Bills might have been forced to open up. I can see the Bills coaches thinking as the first half unfolded "if we can keep it close, Sanchez is mistake prone. That might be our best shot, given the way our defense can generate turnovers".

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I get ya. There are lots of variables that we fans don't know about. The game was teetering along for the first half, and I think it made the Bills play close to the vest. It might have been a very different game if the Jets had scored more early (like that first drive) because the Bills might have been forced to open up. I can see the Bills coaches thinking as the first half unfolded "if we can keep it close, Sanchez is mistake prone. That might be our best shot, given the way our defense can generate turnovers".

At half time I was optimistic. Sanchez was intercepted (almost twice) and sacked. There were some broken plays, and he looked rattled. Unfortunately, he got into a groove in the second half. A sack early in the third quarter would have been huge. Oh well. Maybe next time.

That's total BS. And the same loser mentality fans have had the past decade. This team is on the rise, whether you like it or not.

Bills fans have to get rid of the defeatist attitude. This is the NFL, and we have talent just like everyone else.

Which do you suppose is a more plausible explanation for this playoff drought: not drafting players that are good enough, or the fans underestimating the Bills talent level? Just wondering since, you seem to think the mentality of Bills fans is why they've been losing for a decade. It's not. What impact would a more demanding fan base have - pressure the team to fire the coach because "we have talent like everyone else"? Yah, Ralph has done that four times already. Correction, three times. One guy resigned to take a voluntary demotion because he didn't think he could win with an 80yr old GM who that same offseason, ended up drafting Donte Whitner with the 8th pick and traded up for John McCargo in the 1st round.

Now if you want to say the "nobody thought we'd be 5-3" stuff is a loser mentality - I can agree with that. Nobody ever has high expectations until they get to the playoffs. At some point we need to get there. In the meantime I'm not really into this celebration of not being the team that falls short of espn's hyped up expectations.

Edited by BuffOrange

6. The Jets are clearly, and without question, a more talented football team than the Bills.

They were more motivated than us. It was a must win for the Jets and they played like it!

Run a play where the WR crashes into Rex Ryan and break his f-in legs! That would be f-in awesome!

It was one game that the Bills were outplayed and out coached! It has nothing to do with who is better because Maybin was rushing Fitz on several plays, does that make him better than Batten? COME ON MAN! This is a game that the Bills were just manhandled in every aspect of the game but not to say the jets are a better team. The Bills beat the pats and the pats beat the jets so it is a any given Sunday game. I do not think the Bills were ready to play at all and it showed. The defensive line was pushed back and the offensive line was also pushed back. I want to see if the Bills can bounce back from this and can win the next few in a row. I have a feeling some have the jets circled as a rematch to prove it was a one time deal, and they will not be pushed around like that again. Only time will tell. If the Bills are not as good as the jets it will show again when they play or even be worse. If that happens then the coaches need to fix that, if they come out and beat the jets will everyone on this board who claims the jets are a much better team openly state they had a knee jerk reaction? I for one am not hitting the panick button but if I could I would remind the Bills how they were manhandled at home and what are they going to do about it.