QB sneaks almost *always* work in very short yardage situations

:thumbsup: People are really gripping here...we are all disappointed with the outcome yesterday, but I don't think the Bills were nearly as bad as people are acting. If not for horrible field position almost the entire second half (for the offense and the defense), I think the finall score would have been much closer. I might have run the sneak with Fitz at that point too, but handing off to Fred Jackson is not the worst idea either. It just didn't work...that is why teams don't go for it on 4th down more often, it is a high risk play.

Anyways, I think the Jets had an obvious advantage defensively, but I think most knew that going in to this game. We shouldn't be shocked. Honestly, I don't think the Jets were that much better than us yesterday. Our #1 receiver had a decent day (2nd half) against Revis, the reported best CB ever... our #1 running back had nearly a 100 yards...but he had his first fumble, in the Jets red zone...the back breaker, IMO. Still half a season of football to go...this race isn't over by a long-shot.

I'm not saying the Bills would have won - they wouldn't have. It's just that the sneak is so obviously the right call in a situation like that. I literally yell at the TV in those situations.

I guess I'm the only one who thought they should have just kicked a field goal. Two-possession game regardless.

Not a bad point. I had considered that, as well. But, considering the game's momentum and our field position, I think playing to get the TD was the right decision.

I felt as though the spot challenge was less Chan's belief that it was a bad spot (I felt it was generous) than his lack of faith that we'd convert. The team just looked shaky all game.

They never wouldn't have been in that position if FJ doesn't drop the second down throw or Fitz misses a wide open DN in the end zone.

I'm not saying the Bills would have won - they wouldn't have. It's just that the sneak is so obviously the right call in a situation like that. I literally yell at the TV in those situations.

Yeah, I assumed that is what they would do, as well...so, likely, did the Jets. Their interior linemen broke through pretty quick on that play, as I recall...a QB sneak may not have worked anyways. If the Bill had made that first down, and scored a TD, I think their chances of winning increase dramatically...just as they might have, had that "no catch" not been called on Steve Johnson in the Bengals game. I guess, what I am trying to say, I just think rumours of the Bills terribleness yesterday are being greatly exaggerated. They weren't good, but the Jets defense had something to do with that. The Bills kept this game very much within their reach for most of three quarters...they didn't look like they didn't belong on the same field as the Jets. I take some solace in that. And, I think the Bills give them all they can handle in three weeks.