Pro-Bowl NFC

fatKID_II

I just noticed that the NFC's QBs selected for the Pro-Bowl are all black... This is a definite first for the NFL...

Donovan

Dante

Vick

-vs-

Manning

Brees

Brady

All white -vs- all black...

I am not making any judgements... Not saying this is a good or bad thing....

I just foundthis interesting...

There is a first for everything...

-fK

I just noticed that the NFC's QBs selected for the Pro-Bowl are all black...  This is a definite first for the NFL...

Donovan

Dante

Vick

-vs-

Manning

Brees

Brady

All white -vs- all black...

I am not making any judgements...  Not saying this is a good or bad thing....

I just foundthis interesting... 

There is a first for everything...

-fK

174156[/snapback]

Vick is the 15th rated QB in the NFC behind such stars as Harrington and Rattay. His going to the PB is as much a Joke as Payton not starting in the AFC.

Vick is the 15th rated QB in the NFC behind such stars as Harrington and Rattay. His going to the PB is as much a Joke as Payton not starting in the AFC.

174204[/snapback]

Peyton's going to start if he goes to the game - they haven't announced the starters yet. Brees is on top because of the alphabet only.

174204[/snapback]

I guess his nearly 1000 rushing yards don't count for anything. :w00t:

about as much as his 7 fumbles lost and 12 interceptions compared to his 16 total touchdowns  :w00t:

174226[/snapback]

If you add together the facts that the Falcons are 11-3 (yes the NFC sucks, but they don't make their own schedule), that Vick is learning a new system, he doesn't have a "go-to guy" besides his TE, Peerless has basically been a bust and teams have to play him differently because of his feet I think he has more value than you are giving him.

No, he's not MVP. But, he's definately a PB QB.

Mannings not starting? Really? That is a crime.

Vick is a terrible QB, BTW. He is a good running back, with a cannon for an arm. He has terrible accuracy and no vision for down the field. He also is a locker room cancer to his WR's and they have let it be known that he doesn't look to them as a first option.

Also, while I blast Travis for fumbling, Vick is a fumbling machine. He has at least 15 this year.

This is not a team player by any stretch of the imagination. IMHO he is another Jeff George type of player.

Mannings not starting?  Really?  That is a crime. 

Vick is a terrible QB, BTW.  He is a good running back, with a cannon for an arm.  He has terrible accuracy and no vision for down the field.  He also is a locker room cancer to his WR's and they have let it be known that he doesn't look to them as a first option. 

Also, while I blast Travis for fumbling, Vick is a fumbling machine.  He has at least 15 this year. 

This is not a team player by any stretch of the imagination.  IMHO he is another Jeff George type of player.

174281[/snapback]

SSDD....

I don't get it...when a guy has a career won loss record of 21-10-1, that's almost a .700 winning percentage, he's a cancer and no good????

No. Not really. They haven't named the starters yet (week one of the playoffs).

These pro-bowl votes were an absolute joke. Terrible job by the selection committee.

No. Not really. They haven't named the starters yet (week one of the playoffs).

These pro-bowl votes were an absolute joke. Terrible job by the selection committee.

174326[/snapback]

The NFL.Com website along with about 10 typos had the starters and reserves listed in seperate columns at first, then the page changed to only listing the selections.

Brady was listed as the started, as was Culpepper on the NFC side.

Vick is a terrible QB, BTW.  He is a good running back, with a cannon for an arm.  He has terrible accuracy and no vision for down the field.  He also is a locker room cancer to his WR's and they have let it be known that he doesn't look to them as a first option. 

Also, while I blast Travis for fumbling, Vick is a fumbling machine.  He has at least 15 this year. 

This is not a team player by any stretch of the imagination.  IMHO he is another Jeff George type of player.

174281[/snapback]

I agree with most of that. I'm not sure he's a lockerroom cancer, but I agree that while he may be an excellent athlete, he is not that good of a QB and is vastly overrated. I also think his Pro Bowl nomination is very questionable in light of the seasons Favre, Delhomme, Griese, Hasselbeck and Bulger have had. Favre and Delhomme, in particular, have had very good seasons overall, even if their teams have had some problems. The worst part is that Griese has played 10 games and has more yardage and TD passes than Vick in 14.

The NFL.Com website along with about 10 typos had the starters and reserves listed in seperate columns at first, then the page changed to only listing the selections.

Brady was listed as the started, as was Culpepper on the NFC side.

174337[/snapback]

I heard that TS. I'm sure that has led to some of the confusion. I was talking about the picks for the game in general. Larry Izzo for instance. He must have made the tackle of the year to get voted on.

At least they didn't vote Reuben Brown on again. What a joke.

174281[/snapback]

It is rare when I disagree with you. Perhaps you will be proven right in time about Vick, I dont know.

That said, I am currently captivated by his talent, and I can see him winning a superbowl.

That said, I am currently captivated by his talent, and I can see him winning a superbowl.

174376[/snapback]

Playing Madden 2005? lol Just kidding.

He is a great athlete but I don't think he should be going to the Pro Bowl. He is going on name recognition (RBrown style).

Vick vs NFC QB stats:

passing: 11th

passing TDs: 11th

passer rating: 12th

rushing yds: 1st (835)

rushing TDs: tied with 2 other QBS for 1st (3 TDS) with McNabb and Bulger

He also has:

15 fumbles (7 lost)

44 sacks

Count me in among the Vick critics, but I guess the question is, who do you replace him with? I guess you could argue Favre, Bulger & Delhomme have had better seasons' than Vick, but none of them have had a typical "pro-bowl type" year either.

I guess Trent Green is the Buffalo of AFC QB's (getting the shaft) and Vick is the....well, he's the Falcons. :devil: