Fred Jackson and Adrian Peterson

Both Fred Jackson and Adrian Peterson entered the league in 2007, obviously Fred is little bit older, but they both came in during the same season.

Fred has nearly 600 fewer carries than Peterson. That to me is nuts. Obviously, AP came in with expectation that he was going to be a workhorse and Fred did not, but I think this bodes well for Fred and the remaining years that he has left in the NFL.

Yes he is 30, but obviously, as we all know, he does not have the same kind of miles on his tires as some other folks playing in his position.

Just an interesting thing that I thought I would share.

Both Fred Jackson and Adrian Peterson entered the league in 2007, obviously Fred is little bit older, but they both came in during the same season.

Fred has nearly 600 fewer carries than Peterson. That to me is nuts. Obviously, AP came in with expectation that he was going to be a workhorse and Fred did not, but I think this bodes well for Fred and the remaining years that he has left in the NFL.

Yes he is 30, but obviously, as we all know, he does not have the same kind of miles on his tires as some other folks playing in his position.Just an interesting thing that I thought I would share.

It's not like Fred was sitting on a couch doing nothing from 2004-2006, he was still getting carries and taking beatings playing RB in lesser leagues.

It could also be said that a guy like Fred went to a smaller school and stayed all 4 years. Therefore he was a bigger part of his program for a longer period of time than many guys who go to bigger programs or those that have the opportunity to enter the draft early. Therefore probably getting more touches over a longer period of time during college than many do.

Edited by Carey Bender

Yes he is 30, but obviously, as we all know, he does not have the same kind of miles on his tires as some other folks playing in his position.

Yeah I wish that were true, but Jackson spent plenty of time in NFL Europe and college. He has plenty of Miles, although less since they have been in the NFL.

On this subject though, you could point out that Jackson's running style might lend to a longer career. Much like Tiki Barber. He doesn't just simply slam into the opposing line every play, but excels at finding holes and sliding through. He almost never takes direct hits, forcing opposing tacklers to take more difficult angles. These are what makes him a good RB, but they could also extend his career. He's not the biggest or fastest, but he has good vision, instincts, and a fluid running style...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Doesn't he look kind of like Thurman? I mean, I'm not trying to start anything here. I legitimately think, when I watch his posture while he runs, the way he moves his hips, and holds the ball, and the way he finds the holes, he looks like Thomas. Granted- not half as fast.

I could see the comparison. Their game is about finding holes and taking advantage of openings, not raw speed or power. Physically they are a little different. Thomas had that little bowling ball thing going for him, low center of gravity and opposing defenders could never seem to get a hand on him. Jackson runs tall, and slides through gaps.

Doesn't he look kind of like Thurman? I mean, I'm not trying to start anything here. I legitimately think, when I watch his posture while he runs, the way he moves his hips, and holds the ball, and the way he finds the holes, he looks like Thomas. Granted- not half as fast.

He reminds me of Simpson. Especially when he goes off tackle left and glides.

I could see the comparison. Their game is about finding holes and taking advantage of openings, not raw speed or power. Physically they are a little different. Thomas had that little bowling ball thing going for him, low center of gravity and opposing defenders could never seem to get a hand on him. Jackson runs tall, and slides through gaps.

Yes, Jackson is taller. Yet, unlike most taller running backs, he runs small.

I have said the same thing...fluid running, almost seems to be jogging til he sees a crease an squeezes thru it, never letting defenders hit him directly, great receiver, great blocker...

Very similar, and I believe he might be faster than Thurman was...he has some big plays where he ran away from some players where Thurman rarely did...

He would have been a 10,000+ yard back if he didn't waste time in these other leagues...a shame we will never know how great he could have been...

I prefer the analogy to Thurman instead of OJ. Fred is a much better blocker, and OJ had the advantage of a superior O-line for most of his career.

Also, Fred is looking for respect, Thurman's looking for his helmet, and OJ's looking for the glove.

I prefer the analogy to Thurman instead of OJ. Fred is a much better blocker, and OJ had the advantage of a superior O-line for most of his career.

Also, Fred is looking for respect, Thurman's looking for his helmet, and OJ's looking for the glove.

And i recognize wit when i see it.

What are you? A baseball fan? All these stats lol. Just kidding. Third down backs like Fred are able to stick around the league longer because they don't take as many hits. Look at guys like Kevin Faulk and Kenny Watson. These 20-25 carries per game will catch up with A-Pete in the next two years. Only the elusive starting RBs are able to stick around for a while. Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders.

What are you? A baseball fan? All these stats lol. Just kidding. Third down backs like Fred are able to stick around the league longer because they don't take as many hits. Look at guys like Kevin Faulk and Kenny Watson. These 20-25 carries per game will catch up with A-Pete in the next two years. Only the elusive starting RBs are able to stick around for a while. Marshall Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders.

Fred is a "3rd down back"? Umm...yeah...not sure what games you are watching? Jackson is the truth, and its a shame it took teams as long as it did to realize it...