Stevie Johnson calls Gailey "Megamind" LOL

As Fixxxer said, Cowher respectfully declined and recommended Chan. He declined ALL job offers that year to stay home with his wife who was dying of cancer. How do people forget that when they hate on Cowher? He didnt "diss" us, he had family obligations that were MUCH more important.

Didn't know that about Cowher. It wasn't a "forgetting" thing, it was a matter of never knowing.

I just remember hearing that he was waiting for the right situation. If I recall correctly, the talk at the time was that he wanted a place with an established quarterback; where he could have significant personnel imput or the GM title; preferably close to his daughters in Carolina where they were finishing school; 5-7 million per; and ideally a warm weather climate.

Back in 2009-2010 the discussion was that if he received those things, he would coach. In fact, I thought that there was strong speculation that had the Houston job opened, it would have been a done deal.

I could be mis-remembering though.

Of course I have no proof, but I really think Cowher wanted the Bills job but just couldn't take it due to his wife's illness (as the Dr. stated) and then he recommended

Chan and has been in the Bills corner ever since. Can't hate on Cowher...we should be thanking him instead.

And Chan is the man. We finally have a coach who creates game plans around his team's strengths and the other team's weaknesses, rather than forcing some "philosophy or technique"

on every game (as if every game were the same). Listen to all of the players comments from last week, they were saying things like "the coaches knew this would work, we saw them doing this,

we knew we could be successful doing this, we added this just for this week because we thought they would be vulnerable to it." We finally have a coach who can make adjustments and is good

at game management (see the end of the Patriots and Eagles games). We finally have a coach who plays to win, rather than playing not to lose. A guy who is all about hard work, accountability,

TEAM, etc. A guy who gets the most out of his players, has his whole team prepared (see Roosevelt and Hairston most recently), is a straight shooter, and someone who the players like and will fight for.

After a long drought, we've finally got ourselves a real football coach boys.

+1. Excellent Post . . .

Didn't know that about Cowher. It wasn't a "forgetting" thing, it was a matter of never knowing.

I just remember hearing that he was waiting for the right situation. If I recall correctly, the talk at the time was that he wanted a place with an established quarterback; where he could have significant personnel imput or the GM title; preferably close to his daughters in Carolina where they were finishing school; 5-7 million per; and ideally a warm weather climate.

Back in 2009-2010 the discussion was that if he received those things, he would coach. In fact, I thought that there was strong speculation that had the Houston job opened, it would have been a done deal.

I could be mis-remembering though.

I dont think his wife's situation was widely known (or known at all for that matter), so all anyone could do was speculate on why this HoF coach left that game, and why he wouldnt come back.

Once she passed and the news came out, everyone went "Ohhh, now we get it".

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

Gailey is one heck of an offensive mind. How the Chief's fired this guy a couple of week before the season began two years ago is beyond me. And yes he took the job no one really wanted. Harbaugh, B. Schottenheimer, Gruden, and Cowher all declined interviews. I'm suprised Shanahan even interviewed.

I don't know if any of you heard Stevie on WGR (WGR is VERY pro-Bills atm) but he had an amazing comment about Gailey. It kind of gives you an idea where this teams head is and what they think of their coach.

He said of Gailey "He took the job that no one else wanted". He went on to basically say that Gailey was willing to coach a bunch of no names on a team that was in disarray and that the players won't forget that.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM!

This post/quote has filled my heart with so much warmth. I haven't felt this good about the team in 20 years!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chan is the man :worthy: . Now if we could just get the D playing the way the O is and keep building/developing depth (not that they are doing AS terrible as a lot of people on here are making them out to be), we will be a legit contender. I am looking forward to seeing this team grow and get better, with this coach. Something I haven't felt in a long, long time (and I do admit to being fooled a few times in the past 10 years).

As much as people may loathe Trent Edwards, Chan stood up to the kids who were mocking him during TC last year. Many saw this as Trent being a wuss and thought it was amusing that Chan called the kids out for acting like asswipes. But I think it spoke volumes to the players that this guy has their backs. In press conferences, media clips etc. Chan doesn't throw any of them under the bus, (Nix on the other hand has a way of floating motivation in an interview). Chan seems to have the respect of the locker room and believes in this bunch of misfits and castoffs because in a sense, he is one of them.

Great insight re "in a sense, he is one of them"