Sam Rosen and Brian Billick

bmur66

YES!!!! I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it really does. It's like when we ditched the sluggo and the graphics didn't switch to the swords. Bah! it shouldn't be that damn hard, but put the buffalo on a white background, DONE!

I actually don't mind the NFLN pregame/postgame show too much, but one thing does really bother me about it. Why must Irvin/Deion/Sapp CONSTANTLY yap all at once over one another??? Christ almighty, everytime Rich, Charles, or Mooch tried to make a point, all you hear those clowns running off at the mouth, whooping it up and laughing. They need to wait thier turn. More often than not, Deion and Sapp actually have good points to contribute, Irvin, well, I haven't heard anyone that incoherent since Emmitt Smith...

I have stopped watching TV pre-game shows altogether. Way too much preening and fake arguing. I would rather listen to 97 Rock's radio pre-game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Billick is one of the best color analysts in the biz. And Sam is one of my faves in terms of pbp. You guys take this announcer stuff too personally. They don't spend 18 hours a day at TBD, so don't expect them to cover the game like they do. The Eagles and their issues are a huge national story and Vick is always a hot-button persona. What did you expect? Them to gush over the Bills for three hours??

I would consider it part of preperation in doing ther JOB! Mistakes on a job like what those 2 clowns presented on Sunday was and is a joke and some people would b fired. We are 4-1, i would say the bills are relevant again. For god sake they beat the NFL's poster boy Tommie. Ther job is 2 know the NFL inside n out, yet they are clueless on a WINNING team. No i dont buy it, and as a fan i expect more. The eagles are a huge joke, which most see. Maybe they need to take of the rosie colored glasses and take a look at whats going on in the league outside of Philly.

Yeah, I'm a dissenter too. I actually thought they were pretty good. They at least corrected their mistakes.

they are fox guys knew nothing about the bills- which is fine. The part that bothers me is - for example if Fred took a run around the corner it was the Eagles who didn't turn the play back in but if McCoy took it around the corner "It was an outstanding run" - that's gets to the point where you just kinda not listen to Coach B. I also agree he's pissed the bills wouldnt even interview him for the vacancy

The worst part of FOX is their HD sucks.

You noticed too.

The Bills game was one of the worst "hi-def" pictures I've ever seen.

My wife, who rarely watches football made these comments about FOX the other week when i was flipping through games:

1) Why is the color so dim on this channel?

2) Why are the announcers screaming for no reason?

3) Why does it seem like the crowd isn't there?

4) Why are the camera angles so weird?

5) Are those robots?

I also didn't like their camera locations. Didn't take the time to figure out why, but I didn't like the way a lot of the plays were framed.

I have stopped watching TV pre-game shows altogether. Way too much preening and fake arguing. I would rather listen to 97 Rock's radio pre-game.

Yeah, I can't really comment on the announcers too much because like you, I don't watch pre-game drivel and I typically block out the announcers during the game. Their inane commentary distracts too much from what's actually happening.

The one thing I liked about the Fox coverage of the Bills game was that at the end of the 1st half and at the end of the game, they stay with a camera shot of the field, from the field.

At the end of the 1st half the field cam followed the players up the tunnel and it was cool to see something you almost never see on a broadcast. They voiced over this camera shot for at least one minute before breaking away to a commercial. I prefer this to the immediate cut to the studio to hear the morons showing the highlights.

At the end of the game, they actually showed the coaches handshake and again the camera shots lingered on the field.

Did anyone else think that Fox had way less commercials during the gameplay than cbs?

That's what happens when every other game is at half time, while we have 7:30 minutes left. I noticed this aswell, but having Sunday ticket u can see the progress of all the games. The bills game was running long .

Dissenting view: I thought they were pretty good. Light on hyperbole, corrected mistakes and made good insights. I thought Billick was especially good.

Agreed. I thought they were a reasonable crew (a few screwups), but a great relief from enduring another Tasker game.