Say What You Want About Our Weaknesses

^

^

This. Well said.

I said to my brother during the game that this Bills' D is "opportunistic" and it's a good thing given the fact that they give up yards in bunches. Four INTs off of both Brady & Vick is not a fluke. This defense is a ballhawking unit and they're agressively attacking it. The Pats* D is getting shredded this year as are the Jets, Saints, and Stillers, among others. Not to mention the Packers pass D which is one of the worst in the league. This is the new NFL, folks. Get used to it. That said, if Edwards & Wanny can find a way to straighten out this D by year's end, this team could be lethal. If nothing else, they should be in every game and fun to watch despite their defensive shortcomings. GO BILLS!!!

we've had two interceptions bounce off of receivers' feet the past two games. if that's not lucky, i don't know what is...

we've had two interceptions bounce off of receivers' feet the past two games. if that's not lucky, i don't know what is...

The second Barnett interception was caused by a DB tearing the ball away from the receiver. These kinds of interceptions are caused by the DB's making plays on the receiver. Bounces happen all the time, but for some reason a guy like Barnett catches the ball, while a guy like Poz drops it.

Teams are plying high risk offense against the Bills, and the defense is coming up with big plays. That's what GOOD defenses do!

Don't need the D to dominate in October just win the game. Get better on D as the year goes on incorporate other good players be descent to good in late November going into December. I can remember so many New England season where they didn't deserve, should have won, looked shakey all in Sept- Oct but they would get out with the win and get better as the year went on. You see Carrington- Moats- Sheppard now in the mix- mcgee coming back. Other may or may not help the cause (Troup-more of Merriman)

The second Barnett interception was caused by a DB tearing the ball away from the receiver. These kinds of interceptions are caused by the DB's making plays on the receiver. Bounces happen all the time, but for some reason a guy like Barnett catches the ball, while a guy like Poz drops it.

Teams are plying high risk offense against the Bills, and the defense is coming up with big plays. That's what GOOD defenses do!

like i was telling new england fans on another board, when their defense is being so generous with the yardage and depending on takeaways to stop the opponent, their defense isn't that great. it's the offense that's winning the games.

like i was telling new england fans on another board, when their defense is being so generous with the yardage and depending on takeaways to stop the opponent, their defense isn't that great. it's the offense that's winning the games.

If the Bills play in a low scoring, tight game, I think the defense will play a whole different style, and be fine. We shall see.

If the Bills play in a low scoring, tight game, I think the defense will play a whole different style, and be fine. We shall see.

i hope so. i really do. i'm just very skeptical about a defense that gives up so much chunk yardage being able to just flip a switch and suddenly be able to lock teams down.

Not to ruin the thread that I started or anything :rolleyes: but to be honest the problem is not so much the defense giving up huge yardage (though it would be nice to keep the score a bit lower) but also the offense missing on opportunities. I suppose you can't ask much more from an offense than 30 ppg, but when they have 5 turnovers to work with, you should see a lot more. That wouldn't make the defense look better, but it would put us out of reach.

I was as frustrated watching this game as then next person watching the D get torched at times in the second half, but turnovers equal wins. The defense does bend but has come up with big plays time and time again. It has become a pattern this season, not just luck. We have some 'no name' play makers on this team. I'll take the takeaways for yardage any day of the week.

This is not a playoff WINNINIG D.

I thought this today after the game.

Lucky as all hell, and i get luck is often the result of preperation and oportunity, but cant count on it forever.

Best thing for us is the playoffs are 3 months away. Get better please D.

In the Super Bowl last season, the Packers gave up 387 total yards to the Steelers. Their vaunted offense was out-gained by the Steelers by 50 yards. The difference in the game was 3 Steeler turnovers vs none for the Packers.

This is a new era of offensive football. Defenses are not getting the holding calls they used to, and the officials are doing all they can to protect WRs and QBs.

Good defense is being re-defined in the NFL.

In the Super Bowl last season, the Packers gave up 387 total yards to the Steelers. Their vaunted offense was out-gained by the Steelers by 50 yards. The difference in the game was 3 Steeler turnovers vs none for the Packers.

This is a new era of offensive football. Defenses are not getting the holding calls they used to, and the officials are doing all they can to protect WRs and QBs.

Good defense is being re-defined in the NFL.

Indeed, defense is being re-defined...well said.

Which also sheds some light on the Kyle Williams issue...is he having a bad year, seeing as he only has 4 tackles?

He's doing his job, providing pressure on the pocket...teams are passing when they play against us...if Kyle was weak, they would be running straight at him. His position, the way his performance has to be evaluated, has to be re-difined given the systems we're using, and the types of plays teams are running against us.