I am SO glad I don't live in California

What is the matter with California? They are bound and determined to tax their citizens into oblivion AND give their money away to illegals. Truly a place where the worst Democrats in the country reside... congrats, losers. <_<

"Undocumented immigrant students in California will be able to receive state-funded financial aid in 2013 to attend college, under a new law signed Saturday by Gov. Jerry Brown.

The law allows top students who are on a path to citizenship to apply and receive the state aid, the governor said.

About 2,500 students are projected to receive Cal Grants totaling $14.5 million, according to the California Department of Finance. That averages out to $5,800 per student.

The funding amounts to 1% of the overall $1.4 billion Cal Grant program, officials said."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/08/us/california-dream-act/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Unreal. This is a liberals wet dream. Sucks for the legal residents of that state who already have very high taxes and for legal immigrants who were honest and didn't break the law.

I just don't get it, to be sure... when you think about it, everyone should get a grant BEFORE illegal immigrants!

This guy Gilbert Cedillo really makes me laugh:

"The signing of now both parts of the California Dream Act will send a message across the country that California is prepared to lead the country with a positive and productive vision for how we approach challenging issues related to immigration," Cedillo said in a statement.

How is that productive, teaching people that you can break the law and get paid for it? I'll tell you what is productive- having them pay for their own education to help with the costs in keeping them healthy and in a country where they get other services for nothing.

What's next, pay for their gas? bus fare? cable and internet?

"Undocumented immigrant students in California will be able to receive state-funded financial aid in 2013 to attend college, under a new law signed Saturday by Gov. Jerry Brown.

The law allows top students who are on a path to citizenship to apply and receive the state aid, the governor said.

Okay...so which is it?

Friggin' California... :wallbash:

Okay...so which is it?

Friggin' California... :wallbash:

That's a part of the DREAM Act they tried to pass in Congress but it failed. They are trying to make illegal immigrants legal by giving them opportunities, i.e. grants and military service for a path citizenship. However, they expect people to pay for it rather than having the illegals pay for it themselves- in essence, they get rewarded by the government openly for breaking the law, unlike citizens of this country.

That's a part of the DREAM Act they tried to pass in Congress but it failed. They are trying to make illegal immigrants legal by giving them opportunities, i.e. grants and military service for a path citizenship. However, they expect people to pay for it rather than having the illegals pay for it themselves- in essence, they get rewarded by the government openly for breaking the law, unlike citizens of this country.

Okay...you can't, as a practical matter, deport every illegal in the country.

But they can't be "undocumented" an "on a path to citizenship" at the same !@#$ing time. :wacko:

Okay...you can't, as a practical matter, deport every illegal in the country.

But they can't be "undocumented" an "on a path to citizenship" at the same !@#$ing time. :wacko:

Unless they're on the double-secret path to citizenship.