The sky is falling

bluecarter

I'm irritated and frustrated with mostly a select few that believe the season is over after losing one game to the Bengals. I thought all of you "Chicken Little's" would like to play "Is the Sky Falling or is this a good season for the Buffalo Bills?"

Since 1960 what is the Buffalo Bills win percentage?

Well, little Johnny if you think it's above .500 you are WRONG! It's .470

Since 1960 how many winning seasons have the Buffalo Bills had?

Twenty! Yep that's it, and they have had three .500 season in which two of them 2000 and 2002.

In the 51 years of the Buffalo Bills how many points have they scored and how many have their opponents scored on them?

The Buffalo Bills have scored 15322 points all time and their opponents have scored a grand total of 16214 points. Giving the Bills .94 points for every point their opposition scores or 6.6 points for every touchdown and extra point the other team gets.

In our division what team(s) do we have a winning record against?

The New York Jets 53 to 47. New England has beaten us 60 times to us wining 41 games, and the Dolphins have beaten us 53 to our 36 wins.

What teams do the Bills have a winning record against?

Colts 35-30

Chiefs 22-17

Broncos 18-15

Bengals 15-10

Packers 7-4

Redskins 7-4

Giants 6-4

Rams 6-4

Cardinals 5-4

Panthers 4-1

Texans 3-2

That is a total of 12 teams that the Bills have a winning record against.

Please lets stop the crying get pumped that we have a winning team and get as loud as possible and drop the defeated attitude.

Edited by bluecarter

Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State

If you take out 63-66 and 88-93 it's mostly been pretty sucky. Sure we had the odd year like 74 and 80 but really, that's about it. But that doesn't matter. People follow the Bills mostly because they're from WNY (like me) or jumped on the band wagon during the Super Bowl years. You don't see bunches of Bills fans walking around other cities like you do Cowboy or Steeler fans - those teams attract fans from outside their home base.

The great news is that being a Bills fan is being a true fan of some professional sports team because as a Bills fan, no matter how much we all complain about ownership, management, trades, lack of trades, what ever - hope springs eternal around the last week of July and we get a thrill like this early season every ten years or so. I haven't lived in WNY since the late 70's so this may not be true anymore but I recall that after a loss my dad was in a pretty foul mood on Mondays and Tuesdays....it's probably the same today.

I'm as big a complainer about the Bills as anyone but come fall I'm right there following them like most of you - win or lose....But God I'd love to just once be able to shut up my friends who are Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc. fans!

If you take out 63-66 and 88-93 it's mostly been pretty sucky. Sure we had the odd year like 74 and 80 but really, that's about it. But that doesn't matter. People follow the Bills mostly because they're from WNY (like me) or jumped on the band wagon during the Super Bowl years. You don't see bunches of Bills fans walking around other cities like you do Cowboy or Steeler fans - those teams attract fans from outside their home base.

The great news is that being a Bills fan is being a true fan of some professional sports team because as a Bills fan, no matter how much we all complain about ownership, management, trades, lack of trades, what ever - hope springs eternal around the last week of July and we get a thrill like this early season every ten years or so. I haven't lived in WNY since the late 70's so this may not be true anymore but I recall that after a loss my dad was in a pretty foul mood on Mondays and Tuesdays....it's probably the same today.

I'm as big a complainer about the Bills as anyone but come fall I'm right there following them like most of you - win or lose....But God I'd love to just once be able to shut up my friends who are Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc. fans!

I'd qualify as a fan who TRANSPLANTED to Western New York right before the Super Bowl years, so I've got a little bit of both in me, I'd say.

Still, I feel ya. In the early '90s, everybody had Bills jackets and all sorts of Bills gear. You don't see a lot of that anymore. Here in Florida, where a lot of New Yorkers wind up, I do see more of it, especially at Dolphins games when the Bills, Jets, or Giants play there. I would love to, just ONCE, be able to shove it up a Bostonian's ass...just ONCE! They win everything now, it seems!

And I do mean shove a SUPER BOWL victory up their ass...in case there was any confusion.

Edited by Orlando Bills Fan

I'd qualify as a fan who TRANSPLANTED to Western New York right before the Super Bowl years, so I've got a little bit of both in me, I'd say.

Still, I feel ya. In the early '90s, everybody had Bills jackets and all sorts of Bills gear. You don't see a lot of that anymore. Here in Florida, where a lot of New Yorkers wind up, I do see more of it, especially at Dolphins games when the Bills, Jets, or Giants play there. I would love to, just ONCE, be able to shove it up a Bostonian's ass...just ONCE! They win everything now, it seems!

And I do mean shove a SUPER BOWL victory up their ass...in case there was any confusion.

Bandwagon fan <_<

In 1996 I would have been 8yrs old, and the team has been pretty bad my entire life, but im a fan (for better or for worse, thick and thin). like i said hes a bandwagon fan :thumbdown:

In 1996 I was 23, and and so I grew up with a mixed bag of failure and success, but if you are still here after the past 15 years going strong, regardless of what happened from 1990-1994, then you most certainly aren't a bandwagon fan.

In 1996 I was 23, and and so I grew up with a mixed bag of failure and success, but if you are still here after the past 15 years going strong, regardless of what happened from 1990-1994, then you most certainly aren't a bandwagon fan.

+1 itd be so nice to see this team actually be good. this community is starving for it and we deserve it!

+1 itd be so nice to see this team actually be good. this community is starving for it and we deserve it!

Agreed. But I suppose there are a lot of other teams whose fans deserve it. Think about the Lions. We stuck with our team through crappy seasons, but we were always just below average. The Lions were HORRIBLE for the past 11 years and yet they still have fans at all.

Agreed. But I suppose there are a lot of other teams whose fans deserve it. Think about the Lions. We stuck with our team through crappy seasons, but we were always just below average. The Lions were HORRIBLE for the past 11 years and yet they still have fans at all.

At least they have the Pistons' championship to enjoy... I haven't enjoyed any of that- in 1979 I was a small kid with the Bucs won it all, and since then it is a big doughnut. As cities go, if you're a Buffalo fan, only Cleveland and Seattle make it all better.

The Lions have been the exception to the parody that the league usually is. you cant help but feel like it could be our turns to be dominant. i feel like the last time the lions were in the playoff charlie batch spiked the ball on a 4th down two minute drive (if im not mistaken).