MNF officiating

BillsZubaz

It is almost no longer fun. How do you call a personal foul for a WR knocking a man twice his size on his butt!? Granted it was behind the play... But this is no longer football. Head on a swivel

Absolutely - you'd think these refs are corporate lawyers rather than football players. That knockdown was nothing. Let the players play football. Too many games are being decided by refs. Not just Bills yesterday, but the Cardinals had a game stolen from them when they ruled Victor Cruz "gave himself down". What!! He fumbled. He didn't quit! What garbage! I guess someone needed the Giants to win.

Absolutely - you'd think these refs are corporate lawyers rather than football players. That knockdown was nothing. Let the players play football. Too many games are being decided by refs. Not just Bills yesterday, but the Cardinals had a game stolen from them when they ruled Victor Cruz "gave himself down". What!! He fumbled. He didn't quit! What garbage! I guess someone needed the Giants to win.

Cruz clearly thought we down and gave up, not a fumble. Feel free to look up the rules concerning this.

They showed highlights today of nearly identical plays over the past few years where recievers "gave themselves up" but in those cases and they were ruled a fumble. I don't know how the rule is written and nor do I care to look it up, but what we saw yesterday was not how the situation has EVER been called in the past. They need to remove some of the subjectivity ... And far too often the refs are not managing the games but are affecting the outcomes...

Second play from scrimmage. Missed call #1 clear flinch and false start by the left tackle. Called a neutral zone infraction.

No mention by the commentators...

go back and look at it again the DT flinched at the count and while in the neutral zone caused the LT to move, the DL cannot influence the offensive line by making movements or sounds, it was perfectly called and you are obviously not at the caliber of the NFL officials

They showed highlights today of nearly identical plays over the past few years where recievers "gave themselves up" but in those cases and they were ruled a fumble. I don't know how the rule is written and nor do I care to look it up, but what we saw yesterday was not how the situation has EVER been called in the past. They need to remove some of the subjectivity ... And far too often the refs are not managing the games but are affecting the outcomes...

So your argument is that since the other officiating squads had got it wrong that since one crew called it correctly then it becomes bad officiating??? Even if the rule is stupid it was called correctly. Just cuz ur butt hurt over the bills game don't look at it through rose colored glasses

Apparently I am not. I didn't record this game so I can't go back And will take you at your word. I didn't see the DT move. I saw the LT flinch and the DE jump into him.

Promise I saw it clear as day and while I'm as upset at the officiating as you are I am trying my best to keep it contained

You are better than i. It is honestly effecting my enjoyment of football my favorite sport. Bear with my venting as my annoyance boils over.

Back to that play...the DT flinched which then caused the LT to flinch and the DE jumped?

Exactly the DE just saw the LT react to the DT so he moved to get the call.

How about taking 3 points away from the Bucs because a guy 30 yards away was half a stride from being off the field at the snap. Just friggin ridiculous.

It's the Letter of the law. If he's on the field at the snap it's a penalty.

Are you saying that you think that too many men should be a discretionary call if it doesn't affect the play?

On a different subject, these officials are really tentative… afraid to make some calls and then making other ticky tack calls… like their employers are confusing them.

How about taking 3 points away from the Bucs because a guy 30 yards away was half a stride from being off the field at the snap. Just friggin ridiculous.

gotta agree w sjb on this one--even though it is kinda sickening. if u dont go letter of law then u leave it to officials discretion and it becomes chaos.

--how about the horse collar rule?? i think thats bs--cant tackle by the inside of someones shoulder pads??--now this pansy football stuff is getting out of hand. what next?? -you can't grab someone by the shoe cuz it might hurt their foot??

Cruz clearly thought we down and gave up, not a fumble. Feel free to look up the rules concerning this.

It was a judgement call and a poor one. I don't recall, but I didn't hear a whistle before he released the ball, which should make it a fumble. He made no motion before he released the ball indicating that he gave himself up.