I hope our defense has been listening to the experts....

...and getting a big ol' chip on their shoulder.

I keep hearing how 3-0 Detroit's defense is so much better than ours and I have to ask who have they played that has a decent offense?

KC - a team we demolished on our opener.

TB and MN - yeah, two offensive power houses there.

They have a beat up Dallas squad that is no where near where it was a few years ago.

You have to wait till the 24th before they finally get a team with a decent offense. If they can hang with Green Bay then maybe we can start talking about their defense.

At least with Oakland I can give them props - they played us tough down to the wire, and they ran the ball down the Jets throats to win following that cross-country heartbreaker. If they beat the crap out of NE I would be so freak'n happy - maybe Brady will shave his head bald after that :blink:

yep for some reason (this isnt just the defense), that even though us and the lions are the two teams undefeated that werent meant to be, they are getting more credit.

read one article suggesting we wouldnt make the playoffs or have a winning season

I hope the entire team still plays with a chip on their shoulder, we have for the first 3 weeks and i want it to continue because i dnt think a lot of 'experts' think we are any good

It's ironic how much time, effort, and draft picks were put into the defensive side of the ball. We expected a huge improvement there, and to some extent we have been MUCH better with regard to run defense. But, the offense has shown the sort of leaps and bounds we expected to see on the other side of the ball. If this thing does get clicking on both sides of the ball, look out, gents!

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

I keep hearing how 3-0 Detroit's defense is so much better than ours and I have to ask who have they played that has a decent offense?

They have a beat up Dallas squad that is no where near where it was a few years ago.

You have to wait till the 24th before they finally get a team with a decent offense. If they can hang with Green Bay then maybe we can start talking about their defense.

At least with Oakland I can give them props - they played us tough down to the wire, and they ran the ball down the Jets throats to win following that cross-country heartbreaker. If they beat the crap out of NE I would be so freak'n happy - maybe Brady will shave his head bald after that :blink:

I'm with you. I might be in the minority but I actually think that Buffalo has an excellent defense that is being intelligently used. The Chiefs' game was an obvious squash match from the get-go and despite the vanilla play-calling, the D looked stellar. The Raiders' game was clearly a targeted match-up--Darren McFadden is an unreal talent that requires most of your defensive focus...ask the Jets how that goes. The fact that the Bills contained him as much as they did out of the backfield (3.6 yards a carry versus the 9 yards a carry the Jets gave up to him and the 6.8 yards a carry that the Broncos let up) is a huge testament to our run defense. Jason Campbell opening up and passing down the field like he did? Well, that's the sign of a good, balanced, dangerous team right there and boy am I glad we pulled a win out of there.

The New England game was obviously focused on Tom Brady. But it was impressive how the Bills shut down New England's underrated run game. Woodhead and Green-Ellis usually do so much damage simply having defenses respect Brady at QB, and often demoralize their opponents' with 5 and 6 yard runs to extend a drive. The Bills pretty much shut down the both of them with average yards per carry of 3.5 and 1.8, respectively). Meanwhile, they knew that Tom Brady was going to pass well--that's a given. Despite what you've seen when he plays the Jets, Brady usually gobbles up blitzes coming his way; his awareness is so high and his release is so effective that blitzes usually are a suicidal move. Rather, the defense had pressure on him and took away his passing lanes, forcing him to make inferior passes at certain points. That they capitalized on Brady's errors is the sign of a smart and opportunistic D.

I truly hope for and anticipate an impressive defense outing this weekend in Cincy, Lots of blitzes should be dialed up, with the Bengals lacking the type of players like Welker, Green-Ellis, and Woodhead who make blitzing look ridiculous. Ced Benson is a very solid RB and should be accounted for, but he's not Darren McFadden or even Jamaal Charles. Overwhelm the rookie QB early and shut down AJ Green, and if the offense gets the job done against a tough but beatable D, then you should have a good win on the resume for our boys.

Go Bills!

EDIT: accidentally double posted. whoops.

Edited by FightinIrishBills

I agree that we played some tougher teams than Detroit has, but lets not bash our NFC cousins. Rejoice in their rebirth, feel the warmth. Time will tell if they are good enough to face us in the SB. Focus your disgust to NE and the Pets and Pissburg.....

I agree that we played some tougher teams than Detroit has, but lets not bash our NFC cousins. Rejoice in their rebirth, feel the warmth. Time will tell if they are good enough to face us in the SB. Focus your disgust to NE and the Pets and Pissburg.....

Wasn't so much bashing Detroit, it is nice to see them rebounding along with the other "rust belt teams" rather I was dismissing the analyst who keep saying how much stronger their defense is compared to ours. I just think an intelligent analysis has to take in the strength of the opponents you face.

Detroit has been everyones sleeper pick for years... They are starting to look right and every analyst is cashing in on their prediction