I worry about this team

Tolstoy

I can wear my jersey in public without getting laughed at. Life is good.

I hear ya, somebody laughed because they went to a sports bar here,Augusta Ga, and said the two loudest fans were Bills Fans. They said they didn't know there was any other Bills fan except me, Tomorrow I join my fellow Bills fans at that bar.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop worrying Tolstoy. If u can't control it, then worrying solves nothing. The Bills are getting better and improving every week. Young players keep getting valuable experience which will benefit the team later on. Just enjoy the ride. There will be upswings and downswings but if u chart the graph, it will keep swinging upward... and upward.

Vision. If you see what is being built and what is to come then y worry?

You did write Anna Karenina, and although u being a pacifist, I do see some worrying tendencies later in the novel. Well maybe slight worries, so I will give u sum slack on this worrying notion of yours :-p

But really, worry less and enjoy more.

Edited by Pilsner

Ok, you are all correct! Thanks. I should just enjoy the ride here, which might end any Sunday. There are many more important things to worry about.

On a side note, it occurred to me this morning that if the team can keep up its winning ways (and it doesn't need to go undefeated, of course), it would hard to imagine this team moving to another city should something unfortunate happen to its owner. What I mean is this: with all of the renewed local passion surrounding this team, and with all the national attention, there would be a local and national outcry if Ralph were to pass away tomorrow, and the NFL allowed the team to move. Of course, such a thing could happen, but it just seems that there would be more support for Buffalo at the national level.

Finally, I know you all laugh at my screen name (Tolstoy), but I tell you he is one of the greatest writers ever. His works are completely enjoyable and absorbing, and have tremendous insight into human nature. If you like to read, I highly recommend War and Peace, which I am just rereading now. It is fantastic. Or, speaking of worrying, try his short story "the Death of Ivan Ilyich." You won't regret it.

Ok, you are all correct! Thanks. I should just enjoy the ride here, which might end any Sunday. There are many more important things to worry about.

On a side note, it occurred to me this morning that if the team can keep up its winning ways (and it doesn't need to go undefeated, of course), it would hard to imagine this team moving to another city should something unfortunate happen to its owner. What I mean is this: with all of the renewed local passion surrounding this team, and with all the national attention, there would be a local and national outcry if Ralph were to pass away tomorrow, and the NFL allowed the team to move. Of course, such a thing could happen, but it just seems that there would be more support for Buffalo at the national level.

Finally, I know you all laugh at my screen name (Tolstoy), but I tell you he is one of the greatest writers ever. His works are completely enjoyable and absorbing, and have tremendous insight into human nature. If you like to read, I highly recommend War and Peace, which I am just rereading now. It is fantastic. Or, speaking of worrying, try his short story "the Death of Ivan Ilyich." You won't regret it.

Personally, I find Solzhenitysn's work more cheerful, light, and uplifting - try One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich for some good hearty guffaws :rolleyes:

(Interesting side note - did you know that Tolstoy's original title for War and Peace was actually 'War, What Is It Good For?')

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Enjoy some good football. They are overachieving a bit right now, but 16 games sorts things out pretty well. I'm optimistic for a 9 or 10-win season with some good bounces.

If the Bills can win against Cincy...all they have to do is play .500 ball and they will be 10-6..playoffs?