91 members have voted

1. 1. Shou;d we make Spiller a WR?

• Yes
    • No

have you?

3.8 YPC last year

8.2 on his touches so far this year.

4.3 Career YPC

Seems like he might have figured something out.

And yes, I did watch Spiller tear it up in college, and I will soon be watching him tear it up in the NFL. Just wait untill Spiller gets a 10 ft. hole like Jackson gets. You'll see.

this. jackson is running like an MVP. he finds the holes and deserves a ton of the credit. but it's only a matter of time until spiller takes one 75 yards if the o-line keeps blowing guys off the line.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Darren McFadden was being considered a bust at this point in his Raider career. He didn't break out until last year (year #3), similar to Eric Moulds. Spiller has shown some capability, just not consistently enough yet. Lets just let him grow and see what happens.

For every McFadden there are 20 backs who came into the league and tore it up. I'm not saying it won't happen, I just don't have any inclination it will happen. Where a legion of fans just seem to think he in a star in the making.

have you?

3.8 YPC last year

8.2 on his touches so far this year.

4.3 Career YPC

Seems like he might have figured something out.

Or we are looking at an extremely small sample size of 10 runs, where a couple of big plays late in games against wore out defenses padded the stats.

For every McFadden there are 20 backs who came into the league and tore it up. I'm not saying it won't happen, I just don't have any inclination it will happen. Where a legion of fans just seem to think he in a star in the making.

Or we are looking at an extremely small sample size of 10 runs, where a couple of big plays late in games against wore out defenses padded the stats.

Isn't that the point of a 1-2 rb punch? Jackson wears the D down, and spiller capitalizes on his opportunity by using his speed against the tired defenders. Honestly I haven't seen a need to give him 15 touches a game, because fitz is running the spread to perfection. Should we have picked spiller with that pick? Probably not, but that doesn't mean that we should discredit his abilities. You know what? he's part of the 3-0 Bills, so he's doing just fine to me.

Don't compare our waterbug to a dolfag :(

As of right now the comparison is apt.

What's wrong with hoping that happens?

It was a poor choice of words. Many fans are proclaiming to "know" he will be good, or that they can "see the talent".

Edited by inkman

No but we should all come to grips with the fact that he will never be much more than reggie bush.

Spiller proved in college that he could carry a full RB load, Bush always had Lendale White while he was at USC.. I think Spiller is a much more well rounded player