new owner eventually

HARCO186

There was a nice article about the Bills and the NFL. The issue I have is Golisano saying he would be interested in buying the Bills if/when the time was right. I have an extremely strong opninion about this. I'm all for keeping the the Bills in Buffalo, but the issue I have with this he is not a sports fan but a business man trying to invest. The Sabres were just a team that looked at the bottom dollar. Like many businesses if not all it is about the dollar, and not building champions. When he owned the Sabres not one person could explain why the Sabres wouldn't go after top athletes. Now the Sabres have a new owner and the truth comes out. The old owner never wanted to pay for talent. Granted the cap is in place, but when a team has an owner that wants a champion they spend for it. Golisano would not be a good owner because he would do what he could to provide some sort of entertainment but not build a championship team. Look at the Sabres this year and watch how far they go. The ffel is different and the mindset is different.

Chan the Man has built this team up to great new highs. Imagine if they had an owner who let the facilities go down because the cost are too high. What player wants tocome to a place like that. It's good to know they want to keep the Bills in Buffalo, but at what costs?

Golisano would not be an ideal owner especially if his lapdog Larry Quinn is left to mind the candy store. Nothing would make us miss the free-spending days of Ralph Wilson more.

Terry Pegula would be the ideal Bills owner, but keep in mind a few things. 1) It costs 10X more to do what he is doing in the NHL in the NFL. All the money he's spent on the Sabres so far comes out of the yearly interest on his $3B fortune. For him to buy the Bills he'd be significantly dipping into his personal fortune.

2) If the Bills ever did leave town, the Sabres would become extremely profitable. Right now they are break-even, or maybe lose a couple mil. Without the Bills all the advertising and ticket revenue spent on them would free up for the Sabres.

Pegula has said he is not interested in the Bills at this time. Will he be down the road? Is he even a football fan? Personally I'm watching Jeremy Gundlach as a potential buyer. I'm not buying what Jim Kelly is pushing until I see some names behind his bid.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Pegula has said he is not interested in the Bills at this time. Will he be down the road? Is he even a football fan? Personally I'm watching Jeremy Gundlach as a potential buyer. I'm not buying what Jim Kelly is pushing until I see some names behind his bid.

PTR

No reason not to buy what Kelly says. Why would he lie? I'm sure in his time he has met and gained access to many people with significant money. And no business man is going to put his cards on the table until it's necessary. Hence we won't hear who these investors are that he speaks of or have heard no succession plan from Mr. Wilson. Which I don't believe either.

The less people know the more business can be conducted by the people who need to conduct the business. All of that said there are probably even more people who have the money who would like to buy the team and keep it in

B-Lo outside the ones we've all heard about.

I've said it before, I doubt the Bills are going anywhere. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No. As long as they keep regionalizing they will be fine. The Southern Ontario/WNY market is huge. The league won't want to lose it. It also gives them an international footprint without having to actually have a team be based on foreign soil. The London experiment, full time, would cause many logistical issues that a game or two in Toronto does not cause at all.

Edited by purple haze