Terra Nova

John Adams

Just started watching the first episode tonight, only about 1/2 hour in. Do they ever explain why they go back to the dinosaur age? Seems to me, knowing a meteor wiped out the dinos, you wouldn't want to go back that far. Or did they have no choice on where in time the portal sent them?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started watching the first episode tonight, only about 1/2 hour in. Do they ever explain why they go back to the dinosaur age? Seems to me, knowing a meteor wiped out the dinos, you wouldn't want to go back that far. Or did they have no choice on where in time the portal sent them?

one way rip in the fabric of time that deposits you there no choice- (of course if that was true there wouldn't be a one-to-one correlation of if you send a one person through a day later he'd arrive 85million years back in time minus one day but who expects TV to do physics)

BTW, the latest episode was definitely the best in terms of building some of the larger plot. But more importantly, watching it with a kid (my 9 year old) makes me appreciate it. She loves the show. LAughs at all the corny stuff. Enjoys that stories are wrapped up neatly each night. It may have a lot of appeal to a younger demographic...and just enough appeal to the LOST crowd to bring us together.

If I was watching without her, I might have bailed out. Now that she likes it, I'm in.

BTW, the latest episode was definitely the best in terms of building some of the larger plot. But more importantly, watching it with a kid (my 9 year old) makes me appreciate it. She loves the show. LAughs at all the corny stuff. Enjoys that stories are wrapped up neatly each night. It may have a lot of appeal to a younger demographic...and just enough appeal to the LOST crowd to bring us together.

If I was watching without her, I might have bailed out. Now that she likes it, I'm in.

See, that's very cool to hear.

See, that's very cool to hear.

Scene : a conference room somewhere in Hollywood, big time producer seated at the table

Character tgreg enters

tgreg : "Boss, the numbers are in, 80% of male Bills fans between the ages of 20-50 like the show"

boss : "80%?! I need 95% to make up for the lack of support among Redskin fans! If your plan of infiltrating NFL teams message boards to pump up our products and gauge their reaction to our new movies and shows doesn't work out, I'll send you back to the Disney channel team!"

tgreg : "No!!!! Anywhere but there! iCarly was the worst show out there but the tweens love it for some god damn reason!"

boss chomps down on his cigar

boss : "Har har har!!!!!"

Scene : a conference room somewhere in Hollywood, big time producer seated at the table

Character tgreg enters

tgreg : "Boss, the numbers are in, 80% of male Bills fans between the ages of 20-50 like the show"

boss : "80%?! I need 95% to make up for the lack of support among Redskin fans! If your plan of infiltrating NFL teams message boards to pump up our products and gauge their reaction to our new movies and shows doesn't work out, I'll send you back to the Disney channel team!"

tgreg : "No!!!! Anywhere but there! iCarly was the worst show out there but the tweens love it for some god damn reason!"

boss chomps down on his cigar

boss : "Har har har!!!!!"

:lol: :lol:

Well done!

The sad part is, I'm on the Disney team already -- at least for the time being. It is always hilarious to see the reaction to peeps at work when I reference something from Off The Wall (which I do a lot)! For one thing, they can never seem to grasp the fact that the Bills' have enough fans to warrant a message board. Secondly, they can never really understand why I've been coming here for over 10 years.

Of course, sometimes my posts on here get me in trouble :bag: But that's because I forget this thing is attached to a bigger element called the interwebs.

But in this case, I have nothing to do with Terra Nova. The show I'm currently writing for doesn't come out til January and something tells me it's not exactly our group's demographic.

they dont explain that. weird observation though.

But in this case, I have nothing to do with Terra Nova. The show I'm currently writing for doesn't come out til January and something tells me it's not exactly our group's demographic.

Let me guess...a cross between Cloverfield and Alf?

Let me guess...a cross between Cloverfield and Alf?

No, but now I have a BRAND NEW IDEA! They'll never see this one coming! :thumbsup:

Truth be told I'm working on a Disney show at the moment (just about to hand in my last draft of the season!) but we don't premier until January. So get your DVRs ready! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

mondays episode was very good. fyi. i knew we/one just needed to hang with the show.

it was not episodic.

This should have been the 2nd or 3rd show. I don't care about daily hijinks, I want to know about the son off living by himself and what he knows. I want to know more about the 6ers. Are they really in the past or an alternate universe?

Stay in this vein and we're good. Go back to the 'Dino CSI' crap and I'll probably take it off the DVR, as I was about to until this past show.

• 2 weeks later...

nice. just dont tell me what happens. it doesnt start for 2 hours here.

jk

Ok, I won't mention what the characters say to each other, or how they interact with the dino's, or the previews of the season finale.

But there is one line early on that reminded me of Star Trek (the original series).