Do the bills have the best O-line in the NFL?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the play calling, its Fitz's ability to find the open receiver and get him the ball in 3 seconds or under.

NY Giants Osi Umenyiora stated that "nobody can get to Fitzpatrick on set plays" "he gets the ball out in under 1.5 seconds"". The Giants changed their style of pass rushing when they played Buffalo, they stated they knew they probably wouldn't get many sacks so they just tried to get pressure and get their hands up in the passing lanes.

Let me retract that statement a tad, It is partially the playcalling as Gailey isn't a complete moron and calling 5-7 step drops like Schonert used to do. Unlike the DC he is calling plays that fit the strength of his offense

Let me retract that statement a tad, It is partially the playcalling as Gailey isn't a complete moron and calling 5-7 step drops like Schonert used to do. Unlike the DC he is calling plays that fit the strength of his offense

What's the strength of our defense?

OK, close your eyes and think of how pathetic the Bills' pass rush has been this season. They have 16 sacks. Now consider this: the Bills have given up less sacks than that- 15. Now guys like Dorkington, who has claimed that the Bills "probably" have the worst offensive line in all of football will laugh at that figure and say, "Metzelaars, what you fail to realize is that Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in football and he is simply masking the ineptness of the OL with his mechanics and quick delivery." OK fine. I don't buy that, but then if that is the case, people insisting that are basically saying that Fitzpatrick is an unbelievable QB. 19 TD's through 11 games, good solid QB rating, 2nd highest completion % in AFC- and mind you, he only has half the time to do this stuff as a regular QB! So one of two things HAS to be the case: either our offensive line is good (this is my contention) or Ryan Fitzpatrick should definitely be a pro-bowler. Which is it?

Agreed, you can say the Oline is bad, but if they garnered one of the top rushers in the league and such a low amount of sacks, is it really that important that they address the situation?

Edited by Carey Bender

OK, close your eyes and think of how pathetic the Bills' pass rush has been this season. They have 16 sacks. Now consider this: the Bills have given up less sacks than that- 15. Now guys like Dorkington, who has claimed that the Bills "probably" have the worst offensive line in all of football will laugh at that figure and say, "Metzelaars, what you fail to realize is that Fitzpatrick gets rid of the ball faster than anyone in football and he is simply masking the ineptness of the OL with his mechanics and quick delivery." OK fine. I don't buy that, but then if that is the case, people insisting that are basically saying that Fitzpatrick is an unbelievable QB. 19 TD's through 11 games, good solid QB rating, 2nd highest completion % in AFC- and mind you, he only has half the time to do this stuff as a regular QB! So one of two things HAS to be the case: either our offensive line is good (this is my contention) or Ryan Fitzpatrick should definitely be a pro-bowler. Which is it?

We have a top-ten o-line in regards to pass blocking, combined with a Q.B. with a top-five release time. Unfortunately, as we saw last week, we have bottom-ten run blocking. My opinion: we're middle of the pack overall. I can't find it now, but there was a great article somewhere detailing how Fitz has to get rid of the ball quickly compared to most QBs, or he'd be taking more hits.

You clearly did read thru this entire thread... page 8.

So many posters here just don't get it, and probably never will!

What does it say about an offensive line when two starters go out (LT& RT)and they still play well, this in itself would usually decimate a team. The Washington Redskins come to mind. Then the backup LT who is a rookie plays well, then he goes out and the guard moves over to LT and the line still plays well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fitz and Fred make that line look so much better then actually it is. Fitz has an uncanny ability to find the open receiver and deliver the ball to him in 3 seconds or under, so yea...he earned his payday!

QB <<<<<< CLICK AND READ

""The team that takes the shortest amount of time to throw is the Buffalo Bills. Fitzpatrick, also a top-10 quarterback according to Total QBR, has to get the ball out so quickly because Buffalo's offensive line is the second-worst in the league at allowing pass pressure within three seconds in the pocket.""

Just wanted to add this:

http://articles.nyda...cks-chris-canty

The NY Giants changed their style of defensive play just for Fitz.

""The Giants' pass rush won't necessarily surrender Sunday, but it will change tactics. Big Blue has piled up 11 sacks since Umenyiora's Week 4 return, but isn't likely to get many against Buffalo. On average, Fitzpatrick fires the ball just 1.5 seconds after taking the snap, Umenyiora said.

"On set plays," Umenyiora said, "nobody can get to him."

A great QB can make an average line look good, if you don't have a great QB...you had better have a damn good offensive line :D

Nobody in this forum needs to sell it to you... I'll take an all pro DE from the NY Giants word for it tho. When Fitz is on his game he is a top ten QB and worthy of being a pro bowler. The Bills FO must think so also, look at what they paid him! ....or simply look at the pro bowl voting for this year

Edited by Fear the Beard

I love the line up we have now with Hairiston, Levitre, Urbick, Rhinehart, and Pears. I'm ready to move on from Wood. Nice kid, but not durable enough to handle the inside game. Urbik should man the center for the next 10 years. Rhinehart is an asolute Iowa beast, big mean and corn feed. Levitre is very much undersized, but is very mobile in the run blocking scheme of things. Hairiston or Bell is the only question for the start. Pears has locked up the RT position as long as he wants. Yes this line is very good and getting more experienced. A very young group, with potential to be dominate if they can stay healthy and play together for an extended period.

Our interior is good..our exterior is subpar. Hats off to Chan for being able to scheme around some of our weakness and give us a somewhat competent offense. Hats off to Nix for turning over rocks and finding some bigger physical receiving threats in Nelson and Chandler to help Fitz get the ball out faster where Roscoe needs time to run to space and nobody at tight end would do, well nothing at TE

we certainly have some pieces, when everyone is healthy it's a good line. Hairston has potential - the weak line besides Bell never being healthy is Rinehart he is the "Which one of these guys is not like the other". Now get some wide recievers - a seventh rounder and the rest are undrafted....come on.